Mother’s Milk F2 reproduction

Here are the MM F3 girls (x5) flipped 5 days ago

And the boys outside seem to be in full on stretch mode, that’s a good sign:)

Edit: Almost forgot the re-inforcements, fresh into some new shoes

22 Likes

Looking good, @catapult !!

2 Likes

The three boys have gone into re-veg outside. A good stress test. So far, all three remain male, w no pistils. We’ll see how they fair once flowered out later this summer. That means this first round is just for scouting pheno’s.

The girls…

The favored number 3 pheno is continuing to look just like the MM31 cut, tall, lanky w a wide spread.

The number 10 was self topped and has good vigor. Medium to low stretch, nice bud formations

The number 5 is the most sativa like, spread out structure but not as lanky or tall as the 3. Medium stretch.

The number 6 is a low stretch shorty

And finally the first herm of this round has showed themselves. A couple of male pods were found on the number 7. They’ve been removed from the tent

23 Likes

Looking fantastic man :raised_hands: #3 is definitely rocking, solid structure, #6 seems to be setting bud quick, how far along in flower are they again?

4 Likes

Thanks AT! The 6 is def the fastest, straight to bud set, not much stretch. Has a nice smell starting, on the rank/foul side of things.

They are almost to four weeks into flower; I have 6/3 as flipdate.

7 Likes

Update 7/14: Everyone is just in single gallon pots, so a little stressed out; but not terrible considering the heat we’ve been having. I’m kicking the #5 (C1) (runt) pheno outside w the #7 (C6/7) herm. Shes not throwing nanner’s; im just not that impressed w her bud development or smells. She has what i associate w a strong sativa type smell.

Here’s the #3 (C2) pheno; still the tallest almost doubled her sisters in height. Has prob the most faint smell at this point, but the nose it does have, is my favorite. It’s similar but also different from the 31 cut; there’s the spicy kush thing I love about this strain, but it’s also got this uniqueness to her, reminds me of fresh Tulsi w a little bit of cleaner type terps.

The self topped #10 (C8 pheno); she has a strong kush smell that’s a little sweet and creamy. I’m also quite fond of her. She’s the most vigorous grower and quick to stack bud.

The shorty #6 (C6/7 pheno) has developed a really lovely rank funky smell, that also has a little of the spicy creaminess. She’s also stacking up quite nicely and has won me over as well:)

Outside, the boys are enjoying the sunshine and have fully reverted to veg w no sign of pistils so far

The #4 (C2pheno)

The #9 (C8 pheno)

And the #8 (C6/7 pheno)

23 Likes

Very nice, watching intently over here!

3 Likes

That’s a sweet lil patch ya got goin on there I’m jelly haha, have thousands of heirloom seeds I have been wanting to grow just need to work the soil in the property first as I d9nt believe they will appreciate an alkaline/ clay the way it is. I was reading through the comments in this YouTube video you may find some useful information here

Hope your weekend was awesome :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks AT, I like the info you shared:)

3 Likes

Another round of F3’s going into flower, w a few friends…

A few tops off my MMf3 #4 male

And for the fall season, a round of MMf2 crosses; (x4) Sour 91 and (x4) Chocolate Lava Cake

20 Likes

Do you clip clones of the males and throw em right into 12/12 in the cup of water?
I’m planning to do the same to make some F2 seeds of the bodhi strains I have going right now, never collected pollen yet and this seems like the easiest way to get a small amount

4 Likes

Yes, this is one way I will sometimes pollinate. Hoping for a medium to light pollination, w this tech.

The male is still in early flower, these pods have not quite opened up yet. I’ll be trying to give em about a day, once they do open.

Three older girls; Snowdog, a pheno of 88G13HP, and Bay Breeze #2 are four weeks in. They are the target audience for this pollen.

Also, just added (x4) MM F3’s, a couple SSDD F2’s from @HolyAngel and a C5SensiStar also from HA to the party. They’ll get another snip or two from the boys, a few weeks from now as well.

7 Likes

I have x3 males that I pushed to flower a couple weeks ago, this is the fastest pheno and still just getting started. It helps to get the males flowering ahead of time before you take snips.

It is possible to get snips from vegging males to throw pollen also, but it’s not a guarantee at all and it will take 2-4 weeks before you’ll see the pollen

4 Likes

I have a couple “mother plants” in my veg tent along with my males, would it mess with the clones too much to flip the tent to 12/12 for a week before taking snips off the males? :thinking:
Honestly just keeping the girls to give a couple friends some snips of what I grew last run so I don’t care about them much

1 Like

It won’t really hurt them at all, it might initiate a little re-veg period depending on how long they are on a flower schedule for. It takes a little recovery time for a plant to adjust to the shifting hormones of going from flower back to veg.

Some people will do a week of flower like this as a way to push pre-flowers to show and allow early sex determination, before going back to veg to bulk up.

3 Likes