Mother’s Milk F2 reproduction

You just gave me PTSD by mentioning that your seedlings have been getting eaten up. The weekly BTI isn’t helping?

4 Likes

Yea fungus gnat larva, the little translucent white worms seem to love fresh cannabis sprouts. They can be brutal.

Yea, but I also have been limiting it lately because my soil seems to need more aeration than organic matter.

Though, I’m pretty sure my gnats come from all around me…grow room is the hot spot, but old leaky house w many cracks and crevasses w a dirt floor basement and a whole bunch of house plants. Ahhh my days are numbered at this residence anyways, I’ll prob just keep trudging along and then might clean house entirely when I move.

3 Likes

Try using the Mosquito bits for gnats.

Works great.

Gnats are crazy here.

7 Likes

In the past treatments were 1x month, at times my judgement would lapse on application much to the gardens detriment. I wanna mention I also use Azamax and a DIY Trifecta mix that gets sprayed on the plants & soil 1x week…

At the start of 2024 I decided to do a weekly application of Mosquito Bits (put them in a stocking/brew in nutrient tea for ~30 minutes~) the adults seem to be doing better because of it, 4/5 sprouts sprung to life this past week, we’ll call it a loss to 'mother nature'

Say no more friend, I know all to well the woes. Used to live on stilts, nearly no indoor pests, sure do miss those days.

Ahh, so you’re just applying the pieces of corn directly to your medium? I had thought of that in the past but remember reading a post where someone had said they got moldy real fast…

3 Likes

This last fungus gnats explosion had me about ready to burn down my whole veg tent. I added a layer of horticulture sand to my pots. I think this with the gnatrol and sticky traps is going to get me through to the other side. We shall see. Here were are, something like a month in, lol.

Gnats did all the early selection for me, down to 8 survivor’s. Would have liked to have more options. May still pop another round, idk yet. At this point I’m really just looking for a good male to hit the 31 w.

The bottom left is a C8 sativa leaning pheno, be cool if that’s my boy. He self topped and is obviously doing better than the rest. There’s also a C2 og pheno and C1 runt pheno that look interesting.

9 Likes

Gnats took my babies from me last year during my Covid run!! Left the fear of small insects in me :sob: I still sweat thinking of the seedling phase

2 Likes

Sand is a great tool for persistent fungus gnats. MM F3’s are kicking into gear finally.

22 Likes

Slow and steady, these will go into flower around 6/1 I want to keep them small, we’ll see how that goes, lol. Looking for a stable boy and any interesting girls.

20 Likes

Ok, here we are, getting ready to flower the first phase of MM f3 selections for making f4’s

Three f3’s are looking to be males and 5 girls. The three boys were removed to a shaded outdoor spot that should initiate them to flower.

Gonna start off w the #9 looking to be male (C8 f2 pheno) One of two favorite boys so far. Good vigor and branching and has handled all stressors better than the others

Next favored male is the #4 (C2 pheno). He had the most similar growth traits to the MM31. Long branchy internodes, mostly 3/5’s, and good vigor.

Next male is the #8 (C6/7 pheno). Smallest of the bunch.

And for the girls, we start w #3 (C2 pheno). She shares similar structure w her C2 counterpart brother. Most similar to MM31

Next is #10 C8 pheno self topped girl

The sleeper of the bunch is potentially my favored girl of this round so far, #5 a C1 runt pheno. Also looks a lot like the MM31 but also a little different. Maybe a Napoli OG leaner?

There’s a couple C6/7 pheno girls, not super notable. I’m thinking the C6/7 are potentially chem leaners coming from the Appalachia side.

And I just took a MM31 from the flower tent, she hangs now

25 Likes

Oooh, yeah that one looks a lot like the cut @TheShowMeHomie had! I don’t have a good veg pic of her like that as I flipped her fairly short, but can tell in early flower pics here they look pretty damn close I think

Yours has thinner blades for sure. Regardless, I’d definitely think leaning to the Nepali OG :thinking: That’s what I thought on his cut. Came out real good but she had the branch shearing off the stem at ~8 weeks trait.

The males and other’s look real good too but I don’t really have any comments other than that. You know better than me what to look for in these ^^

I have 4 nice looking MM F3’s going now. 3 real sturdy thick stemmed BLD looking ones, and a thinner bladed wavy stem one. Lost the others to shearing off at the base of the plant :thinking: I run it fairly humid in there but not ever had any other plants do that so I’m thinking its them. Not complaining or anything (sad tho lol) just letting ya know what I found/what happened. Genders should be showing in the next week or two :crossed_fingers:

14 Likes

I agree w your assessment. The C2 phenos seem to possibly be even more susceptible. Of my next batch of F3’s I have going, I initially had 5 C2 phenos sprout, I lost four during a two day bout of high heat and humidity when I didn’t have my ac back in yet. Whereas all 5 of the C1 and C6/7 phenos handled the heat fine. C2’s and C8’s did not.

5 Likes

Running a SSDD x LLL now, with only 1 plant looking super light green, nice funky lemon nose, and super sensitive comparative to the other. Cannot wait to smoke her as sounds similar to the plants you’re describing.

3 Likes

No shit, heck yeah man now that sounds like a fckn fire cross right there. The light green phenos are choice af and an absolute dream to smoke by far the LLL is in my top 10 best herb the kinda bud that paints a smile on your face and tucks you into bed after a long hard day

3 Likes

Whoooweee. Going to be really interesting to see which pheno smokes best. Cannot wait.

1 Like

Excited for you bro your in for a treat no doubt :raised_hands:, lemme know if you ever want to trade some of those magical beans I’d definitely be interested in snagging some and pretty sure I have something you’d find appealing.

3 Likes

Three potential boys are liking the sun and hopefully shifting to flower.

20 Likes

I like that front right one :eyes:

3 Likes

Yea that’s the #9, my initial fav also

1 Like

You and Your Runts…

One for the Little Guys, your a true Champ @HolyAngel

2 Likes

Looking good so far! :partying_face:
:peace_symbol::lobster: