MOTR grows with OniTenshu

For now, section off your space matching my dimensions so it’ll stabilize in the next day or so and see what we need to do for ya. Also, we need to get the 3 gallons soil cycling so the amendments have time to break down to be usable to the plant.

Speaking of the final soil, the texture test come in at:
45% Sand
23% Silt
32% Clay
Clay loam*****

This is a great soil to learn watering practices as it HAS to stay moist and will following my guidelines otherwise it’ll clump up as the clay portion shrinks with cracking on the surface…it is heavy, dense and holds on to water as is so when you go to dampen it, it’ll need to be fluffed up when filling the pot and let it naturally settle. Because of these attributes, the cover crop is necessary to create extra space in the root system so it is completely ready for final transplant…the sooner we get this going, the better as Lucky Charms will be arriving next week :wink:

Once I find my pm and ec meters, i’ll let you know where we stand with that…I know they are in a small box with nutrients I was testing in a dutch bucket set up not long ago though the question is where did I put it? lol

4 Likes

I haven’t opened the boxes yet actually :sweat_smile:
I don’t have any tarps RN.
I can go out to get one tomorrow hopefully if it’s $3 or below. Otherwise I’m gonna need to figure this situation out😅

I’ll head out to pawn some of my stuff I don’t use anymore that’s taking space tomorrow. I’ll barely make it to lights on with how tired I am tonight.

3 Likes

Tarps aren’t necessary though easiest to work with…cardboard boxes taped together, an old heavy duty blanket hell even mylar camping blankets - use your imagination :wink: The only requirement really is to ensure light that may enter is diffused for flowering…if that means setting your main grow lights to the same timer like I am then that’s what you have to do…you could do this later on though its easiest to tackle it now while getting set up

6 Likes

I’ll try my best. :sweat_smile: I do have a blackout curtain I’m not using actually. I’m just really unsure of how the lights will be arranged in there. I had a hard enough time getting them to stay where they are now. I had to play with both ropes to find the right angles and where I had to add more tension.

Sorry if I’m confusing. I’m barely functional RN as I’m trying to stay up for the next 3 hours. Should hopefully give me time to plan this out

4 Likes

When I was hanging my lights I had 0 options over head just the sheet rock above me. I got some 1 x 6 fence planks ($0.89 x 2). Got my fat ass up in the attic and layed the planks directly on the sheetrock. Took a phone book and layed it on the planks, measured from the light fixture to the planks and went back into my space. Transferred the measurements and screwed the planks in place. Got 30# J hooks (.075 x 2) and screwed them in place where needed through the planks. Unlimited hanging options for under $4.

Divider material: Dumpster dive at a dry goods business for cardboard (GameStop is my fav) it’s usually clean but I always hit everything with a bleach wipe. Duct tape and carboard make a great combo!!

You got this bro!

4 Likes

Thats all we can do until we have the resources to do better :wink:

That’ll definitely work!

Remember, we will be using only a single qb120…set up your space in a corner of your tent and its just a matter of using the bars. I understand that I am asking you to move the light your current plants are loving though I see it as, you would only have the zmeans til I came along :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want, we could use 1 corn cob to get the cover crop going and through the 1st week of germination…this’ll buy ~2 maybe 3wks time until the single Qb is needed

Now that is actually ingenious and awesome way of thinking outside the box to get the job done :stuck_out_tongue:

Excellent idea for a nice place to resource cardboard! I often forget those kinds of details lol

One of my friends took a plastic 4 shelf unit, cut out the middle 2 shelves then boarded it up with cardboard an tape…produced almost a 1/2 lb with 2 plants in there demonstrating you don’t have to have much to provide a great environment. It was a spectacular show!

4 Likes

Hearing that about her space reminds me how much of my space is wasted open air. I’m letting grams escape, rule #4 fill it with plants or close it off…first grow I had mylar walls that fit the table snug, but it was so loud with the fan. Cant do that again. First grow also crushed my last 2! Facts

Thanks for the compliments, I’m a major redneck and got a good set of farm skills. I’m a crafty guy by nature you might say. When you got nothing for the project, you are planning the wrong situational solution. Look at it another way.

4 Likes

That’s it exactly…bigger is not better unless you can fill it :stuck_out_tongue:

Your welcome…truly mean it! What do they say about necessity? Its the mother of invention or something like that :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yeah they do love the lights, but if I can I’ll shift them all more to the corner and compress the lights together more. Make room for the section of the tent I’ll be reserving.

1 Like

Just do what you can, I will not move forward without you otherwise its just another grow and show :wink: We are on a time schedule though so the sooner you catch up, the better

3 Likes

It’s why I’m making sure I light a fire under my ass to get it done.

Unfortunately I had taken a Seroquel to head to bed awhile ago and it’s still taking hold. I didn’t think ahead there😅 I had planned to be asleep by now, but I’m staying up now and this is not a great feeling. IDK why people use this recreationally. It’s just a tranquilizer/sedative and antipsychotic. You don’t hallucinate and it just makes you sleepy and hard to anger. To each their own I guess.

1 Like

Mixing in a tied-off plastic soil bag works(allow an airspace) :wink:

:v: :four_leaf_clover:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I’ll be figuring it out, but with the 2 bars I have and the lights banging around if I move them I’m likely to break things trying to figure it out. I nearly knocked over Zelda just moving the lights.

I’m unsure of the size of the section I’m cornering off too😅

1 Like

I think I found a option, but I’m not sure if it needs tweaking

3 Likes

That looks like a good section and just about the dimensions of my sectioned off space of 18"x 2’ :wink:

The heat and humidity in my area has stabilized now…it was:

and now

The only thing raising the humidity for this area is the 5 plants on the other side

3 Likes

Hopefully soon I’ll be in the same situation :sweat_smile:
I’d like to not bother with the humidifier very soon. Every 12 hours is a lot sooner than it seems. Honestly it’s pretty much why I got a timer and once I can stop using it I’ll be happy. I’ll move it in my bedroom to keep my allergies low again when that happens. I got screwed in life and I’m allergic to both dust mites and mold. Winter is hell on my sinuses. I was that kid who had to have plastic wrapped furniture to help paint a picture.

3 Likes

:blush: for a second i had a vision of a kid in a private art class with a saran-wrapped chair and paintbrush in front of a canvas…instructor in a tyvek suit with mask & goggles(a la “E.T.” quarantine containment) :joy:

:hugging:

inherited sinus issues myself. i can breathe sometimes

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

One of us. One of us. One of us.
:joy: couldn’t help myself LoL.

It wasn’t that bad, but I had to sleep on a bed with a thick plastic layer. Pillows too. All the furniture and really anything that can make a dust cloud if touched was wrapped up.

I’m also screwed with severe asthma :mask:
I don’t look back on it in a bad light. I’m here today to talk about it. I wouldn’t be if we didn’t have to wrap it all up.

You can bet on the fact that the second I could rip all that off my shit I did. It was so sweaty and clammy being on anything with plastic that thick that won’t breathe.

2 Likes

So I have a question on the soil. Do I plant the clover in the 1" pots too? Won’t it compete for space? Sorry I’m tired and just wanted to get the game plan for moistening the soil

1 Like

Hahahaha :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
I like it! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes