MOTR grows with OniTenshu

Those Seroquel are some naughty old sedatives.
I used to take a tiny bit of one when I couldn’t sleep.
I would sleep for near on 2 days right through only waking to get a drink of water for my tongue that was near on cracked in half :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@cannabissequoia you crack me right up :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I grew up taking a incredibly high dose alongside another sedative and another med that makes you drowsy. Nowhere near the sane tolerance as a kid, so for sleep I take 50mg. 25mg if I just want to feel normal and in control that day.

It only effects me for around 6 hours as a sedative though. If I use it for sleep I’ll be awake no more than 6 hours later. Usually 4 hours. Now it makes sense why people were convinced I smoked as a kid😅

2 Likes

So I should moisten the soil today now that I have the tent setup for the lucky 7s.

Can someone translate that grow chart for me?
I can’t seem to understand the soil part at all and have no clue why astrology is included at all being psuedo science :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I take 200mg nightly to sleep. Nothing else will keep me asleep. I sleep 6-8 hours and its helped my bi-polar symptoms tremendously. I have replaced benzodiazepines and SSDRIs with cannabis.

3 Likes

Once I get myself going to the point I’m at a perpetual harvest I’ll be able to use cannabis exclusively, but it’s really only because CBN is something that helps my issues. Unfortunately I wasn’t properly diagnosis as a kid and got slapped with PDD-NOS and was given bipolar meds for 18 years. One in question is why I can’t remember anything anymore. Since I took lithium sulfide I’ve never been able to remember the majority of my past without struggling. Cannabis is the reason I can have a semblance of memory control today. Otherwise my limit was stuck at about 30 seconds tops. No ability to retain anything without fully focusing on it for the full amount of time and do my best to memorize it. It’s the only reason I could manage to get through school.

My teachers hated me as I never showed my work. They got what they got. Either I finished my work without explanation of how I got the answers or they got a blank sheet of paper with maybe a half a sentence written on it.

1 Like

Still not sure what the plan is for the soil. I didn’t touch it today not knowing what I’m doing to it. That sheet of paper makes no sense grammatically, so I’ll need a translator please? Otherwise it’ll keep getting pushed back until someone answers this question.

I don’t know if I’m working all the soil or just the amount for the 1" pots. Do I sow the clovers in the 1" pot or any of the other ones before the final pot?

I will not be moving forward with this until I can actually understand what the plan is. I can get the soil wet, but if I’m not supposed to I won’t do it too soon. No one will tell me, so it’s a stalemate until this is answered. This part of soil biology is out of my knowledge base. I don’t even know the first thing RN on what I’m doing. Lots of responses to my other questions though. Not the only one that matters that is what I need to even start this grow

1 Like

3 days later and my question isn’t answered yet. I can get the soil moist, but from that point what do I do? I can’t focus without some kind of sedative in my system. My ADHD, anxiety, and OCD do not care about my needs or wants and I can’t understand your chart there. My other half also can’t read it, so help is much appreciated. It says to sow the clovers. No mention of what pot it’s going in. All of them or just 1? And the astrology is just purely confusing. Don’t you know it’s all as real as magic? Astrology is completely fake and based on pure faith. Just another religion/cult I want nothing to do with.

1 Like

No. The clover is just for the 3gallon soil. I mixed mine today…

Took roughly 1/2 the soil and mixed in 4 cups distilled water

Very wet so added the rest of the soil and 1cup distilled water

So it took 5 cups distilled water to reach the fluffy moisture level for the soil without being too wet or too dry. Put it all in the 3gallon pot…instead of packing it down, lightly brush the top to level it out and pick up the bag a couple inches and let it drop a few times

Now for the clover to prevent root compaction. Take 1 Tb of the seed starter mix and add a few drops of water (1/8 tsp?) to get it wet then mix in 1/2 Tb clover seeds

This not only gets the seeds wet for germination but also makes it very easy to spread evenly over the top of the soil. If you get clumps like this

Pick up the clump and run it through your fingers…a few flicks help too as it is on the sticky side

When your done, it should look fairly close to this

It won’t need light until the seeds germinate though needs to be ~75-80F …if the tent is the only option to keep the temp in this range, so be it :wink: Now its just daily misting for the clover then after germination, give 2.5c distilled water a week focusing only on ~an inch from the edge of the pot and no where else. If you need to make a 1/2-1" deep trench to remember, now is the time to do it :wink:

Think of it as a calendar…germination week is just that…mark the day the Lucky 7’s are planted then again when they pop up out of the soil. Some seeds take 3 days while others take 5. Seedling stage is roughly 2 wks…this is where you see hardly any top growth as they are working hard above the soil which the 1" pots are perfect for to start root building for the 1st 7-10 days other wise the roots spread out and you have a lot of soil that isn’t used etc. etc.

As for the astrology stuff, I want to experiment with planting by the moon so added it to get a feel for it as I continue to grow. Yes, its deemed pseudoscience though I am curious as the moon phases do affect water and I want to see if there is a noticeable difference as more and more are swearing by it though I have to understand it 1st :wink:

Dude, chill! I understand you are stressing though you really need to slow down…I have answered all of your questions and given advice in a VERY timely manner. The most its taken is roughly 24 hrs, maybe 30 at best - I do have a life too with responsibilities that I need to attend to and we are in different time zones…please stay mindful that while I am (and will) continue to help, I am not at your beck and call at every moment of everyday but I will get back to you as soon as I can

I am trying to make this as simple as possible for you and everyone else who is following along…sometimes life gets in the way.:wink: At the beginning of each week, i’ll go over what we should tweak out from the previous week as well as, what we should be expecting

11 Likes

You have to remember if I’m told time is of the essence and then when I ask a time sensitive question that I may be freaking out over time lost :sweat_smile:

I’m not medicated. I’ve said it before, bit it’s good to keep reminding people that without meds I’m an extremely abrasive, anxious, depressed, ball of rage. I have no control over it. It’s just my luck of the draw for how my brain is wired.

I’m doing my best to stay calm, but that does nothing for the fact that I’m mentally ill. I’m tired of dancing around the subject being ashamed of what you all think of me. The fact is of I wasn’t at home as long as I’ve been I’d be in a mental hospital. I was in and out of them growing up. Only when I smoke does my self control even exist or I’m a slave to my emotions. OCD is probably a player here in that that feeling in your chest when you don’t do something it’s telling you to do is actually a little painful the longer I resist.

All in all rant aside I’m going out this morning for soil now that I’ve gotten a ride to get it. When I go there if they also have distilled water I’ll grab some.
The last of it went to my throat last night. Allergies have been rough and distilled water for some reason actually hydrates my throat when tap water just makes me produce more mucous. Nasty :sweat_smile: it’s about 4 hours until I’m able to get it.

I can start the soil once I’m not using my tap water. There’s definitely something wrong with it if it sets off my allergies.

1 Like

No hard feelings :hugging:

We have a timeline to follow, that is all…the most important things at this moment is done or close to it: 1st, smaller environment set up to stabilize rh and temp though don’t focus on the numbers…all we are looking for at the moment is the numbers to stay consistent :wink: 2nd, the 3 gallons of soil needs to “cook” for 4 wks to unlock the nutrients especially since we will be going from the 3" pot to the final 3 gallon pot with the 1st girl that shows during a sensitive time (flowering transition)…starting this now, we have ~5 wks before we will use it. Until next week the only “job” is to get the clover going.

To me, this is quick and have to remind myself that for some, it drags on so I thought the instruction (guideline) calendar would be great to include. I didn’t mean for it to confuse you :wink:

I get that, my life revolves around 2 mentally ill kids (10 and 21) and know all about the different meds, in/out of hospitals, therapeutic foster homes, short/long term care facilities (in and out of state), occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, childrens services, adult guardianship etc…I do not let my kids use it as a crutch and neither will I let you. Your brain works a little different - simple as that :wink:

10 Likes

I stopped using it as a crutch long ago and accepted my issues as a part of me. I’ll never be free of them and all I can do is learn to work with them. I’m still a medical mystery as far as what I have mentally wrong with my brain, so they gave me PDD-NOS instead of a proper diagnosis.

Trust me it’s not a excuse. I just gave up the fight long ago. I have too many issues to work on to bother to work on most. 1 issue at a time until I can feel in control. Then the next peak stress moment sets me back to the beginning all over again :expressionless:

Anyways I got 2 gallons of distilled water and 48qt soil 50/50 fox farm ocean forest potting soil/happy frog potting soil. I have a couple things to do first, but I’ll be mixing them up and getting indigo and Zelda ready for new life😃

3 Likes

Back almost good to move again after lifting the pot wrong on the way back in the tent.

Just so I have the plan down. Do I need to do anything to the seedling mix like the 3 gallon pot mix?

1 Like

Not until next week…waiting on Lucky Charms to arrive so I can start them at the same time. Once they do, i’ll let you know what we need to do to the seedling mix 24 hrs before we put the seeds in :wink:

2 Likes

Okay cool. That actually relieved a lot of stress.
I’ve been doing my best to basically beg for soil until I could get more.

I almost went with black gold 16qt bags, but TBH I’d rather a tried and true combo over compromised quality just to save myself a third the cost.

Once I get my ass up again to mix up the soil for Indigo I’ll start that mix. Just a day behind. Shouldn’t be too bad. Plus I got my head on straight today. :grimacing: :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Good. There should be nothing stressful about this…if there is, walk away. No rush :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup! We’ll get you soil building soon enough :wink:

1 Like

Normally I would check prices on that when I went to the store, but they are put of stock of most everything soil related that’s not Fox farm, black gold, espoma, and miracle gro brands. Otherwise coast of Maine and Neptune’s harvest are my other 2 options for fertilizer. Neptune’s harvest apparently is a Gloucester brand😃 now that explains why it’s drilled in my brain. I grew up there.

1 Like

I see why they mentioned on the bag not to eat it😂
It actually smells delicious to me. I’m certain it’s the bonemeal. I’m constantly low on protein and iron. Red meat is an occasional craving only when I haven’t eaten anything that day. Otherwise I crave chicken or beans. Spinach is a constant craving, with something in that is what I lack. That and it’s delicious :yum:

1 Like

I price check too at every local store to see if I can bypass ordering though unless its towards the end of the growing season, I can find almost whatever I am looking for online for ~1/2 the local price…always good to get a ballpark figure just try not to hyper focus on it

2 Likes

The prices here actually beat online easily. They buy in high bulk for all 100 stores and then split the inventory between the shops. 8.99 for a 12qt bag of Fox farm. It’s easily 20-40 online. Before shipping.

1 Like