MOTR grows with OniTenshu

The seedling looks very good imo. The color could be better, but that aside it’s a good height, stem width, and growth rate as far as I can see. The color appears to be from working to get to the surface and not a proper deficiency as the color was apparently improving once the shell came off. Is it me or is the stem spotted?:sweat_smile:

The Lucky’s haven’t shown sex yet and are just chilling and growing happy. Should I try to retrain then at all or just LITFA?

The males are doing extremely well out here and the soil is also starting to look like soil again out here also. I checked on the potato in the middle and it’s finally spreading roots, so it’s LITFA now and adding soil on top as needed once it finishes rooting and starts growing. IDK what it is about potatoes that I love so much. I don’t like starches, but I love potatoes. There must be a reason for it as I can eat a potato in any way I can think of and be happy. I can only stomach a meals worth of pasta of any kind before I want to puke from forcing myself to finish because of food waste. Potatoes are just bottomless and without mass it seems when I eat them. I’ll stop when I feel like it not when I’m full. Almost like potatoes don’t expand well in the stomach maybe, but even still no clue outside of basic.

4 Likes

Oh yeah I almost forgot, but it does appear to be a barrier of sorts in the tent now that pests don’t want to pass. A horsefly got in the house earlier and I almost thought it was a bee it was so big. If it was a bee it was all black and it’s dead now as I unfortunately have a fear of bee stings and I freak out if a bee flies anywhere near me. In my defense I was attacked by an entire hive all at once as a kid multiple times and so far have lucked out with no bee allergies. I also seem to give off something that bees, wasps, and hornets all want to land on me and just chill there. They move their legs, so I suspect I somehow collect pollen on my skin they want Otherwise my sweat smell attracts insects as water beetles also won’t leave me alone even if I swat them. Mosquitoes somehow will take or leave me though. Last night they swarmed and went near me before sniffing out my friends instead. Not one single bite from the 3 hours I was out there sitting around. I have healing spots all over and bleeding in my ears nearly always. I should be like candy to them.

Actually all beetles like to land on me in general, but it’s just June bugs that can’t take no for an answer.

3 Likes

Anytime really. Males tend to be more vigorous and can take more of a beating than females as they really, really want to live

Nice!

Sure does…looks like a pretty normal just sprouted seedling to me :wink:

LIFTA as they are in a great position now. They’ll show soon enough for final confirmation…if yours are anything like mine you have ~3 wks of stretch :wink:

Well while both are starchy foods rice and noodles have more carbs and sugar so one most often feels sluggish after consumption. Potato’s have more protein so the body is able to use the starch as energy more readily :wink:

If they really want in, they’ll get in though having the circulation fan going makes it harder for most to fly around so may not be as noticeable

Bugs are attracted to not only blood but also to lactic acid build up after a work out, stress pheromones, warmth and carbon dioxide…some researchers also theorize that bugs may be more attracted to type 0 blood rather than A and B though there are no definitive associations

3 Likes

My fem mix autos from Reiko looked weird and discolored when they came up too. I call them the ugly ducklings. They quickly become swans though. I have one seedling now. The one I grew in winter is hanging to dry in my office. Cold and not enough hours of sunlight is no bueno for autos I found out with my greenhouse experiment. I may get an 1/8th from that plant, probably less lol

4 Likes

Time for my update…

7’s…continuing their stretch forming a cute lil budlets

Charms…showing their indica dominance in the small gains of stretch

Their clones that need more rooting time…

Their rooted female clones now under the 315w CMH to start their veg

Their rooted male clones continuing under the Qb’s set 28" away

Last but not least, the Charms f3’s biding their time in veg under the 315w CMh til they can be cloned then sexed

All 5 of my cabinets are packed though have a bit of playing room to continue “ring around the plants” for a bit longer…

Cabinet 1 with the DBHP

Cabinet 2 with the Lucky clones, F3’s, auto’s and my obligatory (rootbound) tomato plant for outside

Cabinet 3 with the Lucky’s for bud and Black X Champagne

Cabinet 4 with the starts and clones

Cabinet 5 (micro) harvesting Dr Mendo pollen

While I grow nice plants, don’t be like me and keep adding on to over packed cabinets no matter how temporary it may be :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

The auto was really just a thing I wanted to do really. In the window I have left to grow it’ll be finished around the same time now hopefully. We’ll see.

I topped the males and now the frozen tops are on the corner of the bin to add to that soil. The pods I’m sure wouldn’t be a good idea to mulch in there right? Otherwise I can leave them to help out the potatoes down the line. That soil outside has been getting better finally and is feeling much less compact.

The seedling is not too stretched by the dark period even if they definitely need something else I’m not providing. On the plus side the lone purple basil that was so wilted I was convinced it died from underwatering is doing just fine today and bounced right back like it never happened after watering yesterday morning before I left. It was flattened out and completely lifeless. I assumed it was getting mulched with the clover there. Speaking of clover I should probably trim the middle ones down a bit as they keep shading the seedlings from light. By the time I take my photos it’s not as clear, but they will swallow the middle if allowed. I keep flattening the clover away and I may be not helping anything doing that😅

I don’t see any calyx or pods on the Lucky’s yet, so it’s just a waiting game while I watch them grow.

Speaking of what’s my weekly homework if any? I’ve been planning around it to get things done and have some social life again. I don’t normally go that far up the city to get a job at least, so the shitty people who are shit talking me to nearby managers won’t have as much if any pull away from that plaza. You can tell me they aren’t blacklisting me all you like, but through observations and strange moments that make no sense if there wasn’t some communication happening. I’ve already checked and they are still hiring at the location I was told had a filled spot the day after they told me they were still desperate for a new employee. Someone is going on maternity leave and and the other spot was from someone who got fired last week. I’m just going to move on and start looking farther away from that plaza my first/crazy ex who specifically said they loved stirring shit loves to frequent. There’s another reason I don’t want any hon in that plaza anyways. I’ll have to see her and I don’t feel like the drama she’ll cause to have a power move with “the help”(her words) as she enjoys ordering people around.

Eventually I’ll get a job and I can start saving for a car that will get me a better paying job. I need to get my own place to live in the next couple years or I’ll be moving out of state to somewhere I don’t know yet as it’s still being decided.

5 Likes

Yeah auto’s are handy to have around…least I feel productive while vegging :stuck_out_tongue:

You didn’t leave much of a stem on the tops or are they discards? hard to tell…the pods are fine to add as they are just peat which will eventually break down and compost

A bit shaded though looks ok

It more than likely threw out more roots seeking nourishment…dry periods are excellent for forcing more to go deeper

I would definitely trim the clover back…the light cycle will slow them down as well as being shaded :wink:

Yup! Great sign they are girls taking their sweet time though some males are slow to mature…ots of hurry up and wait :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, I had a couple few beers in me…same as last week:

Sunday (today if skipped yesterday): Plain Water Drench - 4c (32oz)
Wednesday: Look for sex…cut down male(s)
Thursday: Grow #2 (1tsp in 4c water) with 2 drops white bottle & Topdress with 2 Tb Insect Frass
Friday: Transition Foliar… 1/2 tsp per 2c water
Saturday: Look for sex…cut down male(s)

Sounds like you need to avoid that plaza altogether

Absolutely! Just keep at it and try to stay positive …life has a funny way of giving us what we need not necessarily what we want :wink:

4 Likes

Awesome :blush: Lucky’s watered 1 cup at a time along the edges 4 cups total.

The clover in the auto pot has been aggressively trimmed back around the center. I layered them on the surface of the soil and used some to prop up the basil plant that is trying it’s hardest despite it all. It wants to live desperately and I’ll let it live. I’ll have to train it though to keep it from heavily shading the auto.

Humidity has started to climb up finally too. Now it’s getting a 50% average now. The other side of the tent is averaging 60%

After watering

4 Likes

Looking great doin their thang!

2 Likes

I forgot to respond, but the tops are just the very tops. Decapitated males LoL. As long as it’s okay to put them in the tent I’ll bring them in to add those nutrients back into the soil.

2 Likes

Gotcha

Nah. Best to get in the habit of leaving them out to avoid accidental pollination…not that these would. We are creatures of habit after all :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Good news :smiley: I got a job today :star: and if I was a judgmental type or antisocial I’d not have gotten it​:star:I didn’t let the chance slip just because I was waiting on friends in 10 minutes. They understood and I was filling it out as best as I could. I guess I was talked up quite a bit and I already had the job before I filled out the application. If I don’t get a call tomorrow they said to call on Wednesday and they gave me their card. :star:

10 Likes

Right on!!!

8 Likes

Looks like they’re starting to get bigger again. I would say stretch, but the stems are even thicker now despite the new length. The cutting from Zelda refuses to die. Interesting… No matter what it’s just stubborn I guess. Some new growth has started to grow again on top and it seems it may be starting flower too. That’ll be interesting to see. The males are doing well, but damn that wind knocked them around LoL. Good thing I have the twist tie on them to keep them from falling in the container.

4 Likes

I changed the water and washed the roots finally. They look so nice!:star:the dirt is still stuck to it a little bit, but no root rot I can see.

I added 1g megacrop for now as I have them in a 48oz container. I’ll have to grab another bag. It’s almost empty now😅 It’s v1 anyways. I’ve heard really good things about v2. I also added 1 cup polar seltzer as they don’t add anything sketchy in the water and it’s not made with baking soda. I thought they’d like the co2 release as the mix loses carbonation. I’ll see tonight how they did with the mixture.

The seedling is all straightened up and happy looking.

The Lucky’s are still just chilling waiting to show sex.

8 Likes

They should be starting their stretch any day now …definitely transitioning :wink: Yeah they are preparing to carry weight other than leaves :wink:

I think people love to monster crop for this very reason though usually they’ll be put back into veg…I don’t take any clones past the 2nd week of light flip if I can help it as it takes too long to regenerate so can’t really help with suggestions other than wait an see what she does. I do know that you don’t remove any of the bud site as some recommend until its rooted and growing again

They certainly do

Looks like a nice experiment to learn from :wink:

Yeah my girls didn’t want to really pronounce their sex until almost the 3rd week of flowering though did find a single hair in the 2nd week 1 node down from the top and only on one side for confirmation so should be showing any day now for you

3 Likes

I noticed that with the males also. The first pods to show up with just one below the top node and only on one side. Maybe that’s just how they show sex I wonder :thinking:

2 Likes

Speaking of: it’s the same for my first female lucky as well. One calyx with 2 pistils one node below the top. No other preflowers have shown up on the girls. Just that single one on the bigger girl. She had more leaves to use to grow with. Once the smaller one grows a bot more I’ll probably see a spurt to the end height.

The smaller girl isn’t that small, but she has less leaves to use for photosynthesis. She’ll be back on track soon as her lowers are picking up growth by the day.

The males are happy as can be out there. They darkened up a bit, but not deep green. The roots decided to touch ends when I moved them for better light. I’ll have to grab the pipe cleaners until I can figure out a net cup for that container.

3 Likes

It is…more will form on the other nodes as stretch happens :wink:

Yup! Now the trick is to remember that spot for the next time your growing regulars :stuck_out_tongue: They both look very happy and healthy having 7 finger leaves in spite of their smaller stature…won’t be much of a harvest though they will do the best they can with the care they are receiving :wink:

As for the boys, they too are looking well though don’t be surprised if/when their leaf fingers decline with growth…you may want to consider changing out their water every 2-3 days so it doesn’t become stagnant or a bug breeding ground

2 Likes

I’ve been changing the water near daily if possible. Occasionally the rain adds more water than I’d like and sometimes that’s because I added it myself :sweat_smile: I’m actually sorta Happy this method works so well so far. In a few minutes my buddy will be here and I’ll take my last pictures as I check the other one. yesterday that plant had no calyx at all and today it’s popped out with pistils. One male has one pod area left after topping. The other hasn’t formed any new pods after topping. let’s see how they grow. The time it takes to bounce back and resume growth properly should tell me if my hand was too heavy or too soon for it.

2 Likes