MOTR grows with OniTenshu

Nice!

Yup and the stretch has officially begun! So far my 7’s have doubled and look to be settling in now…i’ll get some pictures up in a day or 2 when I am done playing ring around the plants and get a more concrete plan for summer

They could be in shock or caught early enough in the transition so they focus on vegging - sometimes the new leaves come out kinda wonky for a bit

That’s the spirit! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Updates on the plants might not be as detailed the next few days. Interview this afternoon and tomorrow too. Gotta make money if I want to keep growing and especially if I want my own car😅

I’ll be doing homework still of course. I might just be a bit drained

4 Likes

Conveniently today was watering day for the while tent. The Lucky’s got 4 cups as instructed with the topdress before watering in. Still going through the watering for Tulip and Zelda. They only had 42oz water so far between them as after the Lucky’s 32oz I ran out of water for the rest I had in the pitcher.

Penny here has some leaves too close to the soil and she lost one of her lowers to consumption and a possible phosphorus deficiency, but I’m not 100% and also how could it?:sweat_smile:

Babs here still isn’t showing sex, but otherwise no visible issues on her. She’s nice and Happy.

The auto is doing nice as far as I’m able to see. Not too leggy and I’m spraying the surface daily and watering only when needed. Mostly just spraying the clover area to keep it a acceptable humidity for the seedling.

The cutting is just stubborn and clinging to life. That’s about the only thing that I can say. I put mosquito bits in the water to kill any gnats that may try and lay eggs. Seems no matter what I do it’s an inevitability that they’ll come inside here. They seem to have nested outside too and if I open a window or door they’ll come in at any moment they want. Like Russian roulette with them TBH.

I’ll be replacing the water today. They’ve had the same water for about 36 hours now.

And now the pics after I’ve watered the big girls again and finished giving them 48oz each total. Some runoff leaked off the sides and started at halfway down the pots, so depending on how they react I may up the water and lower the rate I add the water. Of course to be clear I only gave the Lucky’s pot 32oz like asked. I’m increasing the water for the big ones to promote roots to spread further around the pot to prepare for flower.

Penny

Babs

4 Likes

New growth already showing a nice size in a short time. I won’t be in the tent again for another 18 hours or so.

Penny

Babs

2 Likes

Absolutely!

Just update when you can…starting to get exciting now you and the plants are on a nice rhythm :wink:

Its pretty safe to get another pitcher or 2 as they will all start drinking more…the Lucky’s should stay at 32oz for awhile - Tulip and Zelda could go up to 64oz each twice a week

Well if a leaf is too close to the soil, it’ll start to rot then the plant will shed it or you could save all that and possible systemic rot by pulling it… what your seeing on Penny’s lowers is not phosphorus deficiency - its lack of light being shaded by the upper leaf that wasn’t removed when it finished growing out coupled with quick growth :wink:

I bet she starts throwing pistils in that top cluster soon

Perfect…just like with the Lucky’s water at day 7 then twice a week starting with 8oz water 1" away from the edge of the pot to force the roots to spread out climbing up to 32oz over the next 4 wks :wink:

I’d definitely pull it now…I have gone through 2 sets of cuttings setting roots since you clipped her though its your experiment :wink:

Yeah, all the bugs are waking up…they will find a way in. Just have to be proactive as we go into flower :wink:

2 Likes

Each male lucky has their own bottle and makeshift net cup I’ll fill in with something soon. 1g megacrop each bottle. Let’s see if they need something else. Luckily I’ll have a job soon. Interview went well and in a few days I’ll start it’s sounding like. I have another interview tomorrow as a fall back. Now back onto the Lucky’s what would work well for something to place in the cup with the Lucky’s?

2 Likes

I could do a better job at fitting the 2 together, but for a makeshift when I’m half passed out not bad😅

The males I’m not sure what I’m looking at. They had a all cloudy day yesterday and the last few days haven’t been full sunlight, so that may be playing a part. today is looking to be a bright day with the blinding light despite the cloud coverage I’m experiencing. Hopefully they get some proper sunlight. They’ve been stunted out there focusing on the lower growth possibly in due to the cold snaps they get at night. Today the breeze felt warm, so that’s a good sign for tonight. I know they don’t look pretty, but with something in the cup to stabilize them they should look a little better. I’m just unsure of what to use. They get a decent volume of water for now to let the roots settle. Then once they’ve settled in it should be a lot better. If only I had something that won’t cut or pinch roots that so wouldn’t dissolve or contaminate the water😅 I’m thinking old t-shirts I can cut up for an emergency medium for the net cup, but otherwise I’m at a loss.

Penny and Babs are looking good starting stretch and reaching for the light. Speaking of I lost my ruler, but they are definitely closer than 12" now. I had them at that before stretch, so they’ve been growing in the 8-10 range the last week.

Penny

Babs

The auto looks nice!:heart: Steady growth

4 Likes

As bad as they look RN the sun just came out and they looked worse 10 minutes ago.

1 Like

How about a diy net cup from a 0.50 yogurt container? Stuff their roots in with a bit of peat and force their roots to find the water or just stick them in the dirt they are sitting on top of and cover it with a bit of straw to help warm their roots

Whelp they went from soil in a monitored warm environment to nutrient water outside where its a lot cooler with no warning…they are stressed though doing well :wink:

That’s not bad though you’ll want to move the light up a bit from them back to 16-18"

2 Likes

Good thing I saw this before I left. I have 10 minutes from the point I start typing to leave.

The males are getting wind blasted too. I’m heading out fir Easter weekend and at best I can hope my mother is willing to tend to them in my absence.

The girls look so nice though. Nice and Happy. I don’t have the time in my schedule once I realized it’s Easter/420 weekend and I had made plans back in March for tomorrow.

That’s all I have time for. Text from here. I found my 17" board. They’re probably all at 18" now, but I’ll be late if I mess with it further. The wind is insane today and the headless male may dry out by this evening at this rate. I wish it all the luck

2 Likes

Yeah, Easter snuck up on me too…no hunting outside this year though as we just got ~8" of snow - fake eggs for the win! Anyhow, have fun…what will be, will be :wink:

4 Likes

Suppose I should do my update now that I have decent pictures to work with :stuck_out_tongue:

Lucky 7’s

Lucky Charms

7’s clones

Charms clones

Charms F3 before their topping

and after stuffed into the micro cabinet to find which are boys and which are girls over the next week or so

Plugging right along :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Are you making seeds or are you just collecting pollen?

3 Likes

For now it’s practicing cloning, but I’d like to make seeds. At least if I end up collecting instead I have a fridge again.

With my new job though I’ll have a much simpler time growing when I have it setup properly in there. No loose wires and bulky fans. Also I’ll be giving them more light and a rack to keep it all neat and safe when possible.

3 Likes

I’ll try to get home before 7, but if time gets away from me I’ll have updates starting again in the morning. I’ve been up since 5am to make sure I was up for the Octocog. So many people walked right past the egg I found too🤣 it’s the size of an ostrich egg and neon with white/black stickers🤣

1 Like

I will be doing both…Lucky Charms is going into Cab 1 as soon as DBHP is done, Lucky 7’s is going into the makeshift veg cabinet (cab 4) as soon as I can put plants outside for the summer…Charms F3’s is only a bud run for outside since I have ~15 more seeds of it and did get 1 girl from the original pack. As soon as they are sexed I will be reversing 1 Charms and 1 7’s girl for fem pollen so I should have 2 sets of regulars and 2 sets of fems for distribution ~July

You definitely will! Get the cloning down on our next run with Botafumeiros and i’ll send you an unopened pack of Bodega Bubblegum to do a bud run for sexing and your personal girl selection then a seed run for distribution in preparation for the strain to be discontinued as most Greenpoint strains are :wink: 1st things 1st though…

:heavy_check_mark:Gain experience and confidence growing
:heavy_check_mark:Learn your environment to maintain healthy plants
:soon: Dial the environment in for small tweaks per season
4 more qb’s for more flowering power OR a 630 cmh to use in winter for a bit of extra heat (~10F warmer than qb’s)
2 small clip fans for better (cross) circulation
Establish smaller space for males and clones
Mature a large batch of soil - easier to maintain

Your getting there :wink:

Whats Octocog? Adult egg hunt?

4 Likes

Yes it is! It was so easy too😅 how did people pass this so easy?

3 Likes

Surprise update! I got home before 8 and went in to check each plant and how they looked in my absence. All look great and happy. Happy 420!

Penny

Babs

Lucky’s

Males

Seedling

Edit: I forgot the cutting I just left in the soil and I just checked on it to find it much happier than it was before. Red Maple was landing and rooting in the soil yesterday. It must have added some rooting hormones as those things spread roots like a weed. An inch in a hour on the surface. I buried them and it mist have helped the soil or nature has been kind to the soil out here

4 Likes

And the education continues… Great stuff you’se got going on…

Peace
DaFozz

4 Likes

Look at that color! OMG! Good job! Best I’ve seen yet on your grows, Dude! Looks like MOTR is a great teacher!

7 Likes