Mountain Organics seeds?

My experience with Ian from MOB seeds is that he is very trustworthy, knowledgeable and good at what he does. His Genetics shine outdoors but don’t always love an indoor setup on the 1st try. You’ll be happy with his Genetics im sure. :v:

5 Likes

I’ve run two phenos of The Gold One and both were righteous smoke, like a prettier Sour Diesel but more Thai/AG in effect depending on pheno. The only thing I didn’t like about them was their structure was squat like a hybrid but the smoke is pure headies.

![Screenshot_20220408-081310_Instagram|225x500]

6 Likes

Curious did you ever grow any of his beans out and are there any grow reports? I’m thinking about getting some gear from Ian and I just wanted to see if I could find some more information on here first.

2 Likes

Haha! Not yet. I’m fairly certain that I’m gonna plant some for my fall/winter grow this September, though. Summertime is not conducive to growing longer-flowering plants here, just because the temps get so fucking hot in late August through September; I want everything I’m growing in the summer to finish by mid-August. But I am planning on planting some of either the Eros or the Maya, along with some other non-MO stuff that I anticipate taking a minimum of twelve weeks, on September 1.

It’ll all get logged here, I just don’t start grow logs until I’m certain of the sex, so that log probably won’t be started until like late October/early November.

1 Like

Right on man I’ll keep my eye peeled for that! I think i’m going to go ahead and pick some up for myself sometime soon! I’ll be keeping an eye out for your report(s); they are always incredibly useful and very valuable to the community!

2 Likes

Yeah, man, if you’re interested in something, grab it. I really have no reason to believe that it’s not good gear, other than I just haven’t seen anybody except Mountain Organics post anything at all about it. Like, literally never seen a single grow report, except for the shit that MO posts on IG. That always makes me slightly leery.

I haven’t looked in a whiiiiiile, though, so maybe there’s some recent reports on some grow site. I dunno. But yeah, dude, pick up whatever sounds interesting to you. And then grow it haha!

2 Likes

I gifted a buddy a pack of Sunshine that he ran, he liked the smoke but too long of flowering for his taste. If I remember correct -16 weeks

2 Likes

I grew just one of his “the one bx”. It turned out male but was sticky as all hell in veg.

I plan to run more in the future but same @minitiger never seen much. There was someone on here that did a full grow. He said it was nice smoke but like @buck90 said it could have been vegged and flowered longer.

The male i grew was so slow but its nodes were so tight it was crazy.

2 Likes

Good breeder from my experience I got the cross called the one. Definitely :fire: huge colas

3 Likes

I forgot that ClassicGenetix had grown a few things and only had good things to say about them, remembered that just now because I saw a deleted post from him above haha. Who knows what he said??? Haha.

In any event, yeah, I’m gonna plant some of the Acapulco Gold cross on September 1, I think. Those will be flipped on November 1, so even if they do take sixteen weeks, I’ll have a good five months of colder weather here and temps won’t get outta control or anything. I’ve kinda finally figured out the weather in the new ‘hood, only took me six years… haha. Shorter-flowering stuff in the summer, longer-flowering stuff in the winter.

3 Likes

Yeah, that doesn’t bother me. In fact, I’d be disappointed if it didn’t take sixteen weeks.

4 Likes

He probably said something like

YARN | - I'll take a pound of nuts. - That's a lot of nuts! | Kung ...

Lol but hows the smoke on a 16 weeker type of plant. Ive never flowered anything out past 10. Also depending on where you stay you dont have to worry about PM in the fall months?

1 Like

I dunno, I’ve never grown anything that took 16 weeks to finish. I’ve grown a lot of 12 week-type stuff, though. One of my Bandaid Hazes probably coulda gone 100+ days, but I had to chop everything around day 76 because of aphids. The other three BAH’s were done, though. And in fact, the one that coulda gone another month had the heaviest high of the four, despite the fact that she was chopped hella early.

I grew a Purple NL2 from Bodhi that should, in theory, be an “Indica” and I chopped her on day 82 or 83, somewhere around there. And that was just because she wouldn’t stop spitting out white pistils. I was over her (the high sucked, too haha, only thing I’ve ever grown from Bodhi that I truly did not like).

In general, this idea that “Sativas” make you wanna run around like a tweaker and “Indicas” make you wanna fall asleep is total bullshit. Honestly, we should just get rid of the whole “Indica/Sativa” thing and start referring to everything as NLD and BLD, with maybe an added “long flowering/short flowering” designation. Although I don’t know what the cutoff would be to differentiate between “long flowering” and “short flowering.” Eleven weeks, maybe? Ten? I dunno.

No, not at all. That’s the least of my concerns.

1 Like

And not to keep obsessing about this or anything haha, but think of those old Cheech and Chong movies, where they’re just baked outta their minds and emptying out the fridge and stuff. What were they smoking? Panama Red, Acapulco Gold, Colombian Gold etc etc etc. All stuff that would be considered “Sativas” and are for sure NLD cultivars.

2 Likes

Ha, in true stoner fashion I wrote out a post and then saw essentially the same thing from me like a year ago here. Ian’s a good dude imo and likes good herb. I used to get flowers of The One, Gonzo, Blue Gonzo and J-1 from him a decade ago and he knows killer smoke. I’ve got a bunch of the Jackapulco and crosses to my SMBH with it as well as a bunch of The Gold One, which I talked about earlier in this thread. Total Afghani hybrid plants that went around 12/13 weeks but with a great and potent high from that AG he’s got from San Diego. I haven’t grown his AGbx on its own yet but given the strength in The Gold One I’m sure it’s a ripper.

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t have the AG bx, I’ve got some AG x (The One x Velvet Rush) cross. Also have a The One bx, but since I’m partial to Mexican and Central/South American weed, I figured I’d plant some of the AG cross first. But maybe I’ll plant some of both, who knows? I always have a plan and then it goes out the window when I start digging through the fridge haha.

3 Likes

I’ve already planted two strains

Citron 2.0

Sunshine

I’m currently growing a cross citron x sunshine

Citron 2.0 the best I found was orange, but not citrus, sweet orange pulp

Sunshine produces a lot of resin and has a more herbal woody sabir

Dried citron

Blooming

8 Likes

I know this is a wildly late reply, but for anyone else who stumbles across this, Velvet Rush is some of DJ’s earliest work. Pre Blueberry, pre Blue Moonshine, etc

2 Likes

i grew out psyche, it was a good plant. strong, vigorous, good producer

1 Like

I have the one and is :fire: I like them myself