Nice and clean👍

1 Like

:seat: :popcorn: :movie_camera:

1 Like

I’m rooting for Team Red!:rose::herb:

1 Like

Thanks for stopping by guys :wink:

It’s absolutely possible I will train wreck this entire thing :joy:

Either way I’ll journal it here and report what I learn.

2 Likes

Nice tidy setup!

1 Like

Rockwool staying way too moist… Freaking me out.

Yesterday morning reduced each cooler to 5 gal. Yesterday evening still way too wet so reduced to 4 gal which is an inch below the bottom of the pot.

This morning still too wet so I reduced the air pumps to 75% power.

I dug out around one side of the wool to allow it to dry out and help guage how wet the hydroton is at the bottom of the cube…

Not liking how wet the rockwool has been for more than a day now… Easy for disease to begin. Hoping the Hydroguard/UC Roots and all the oxygen from the pumps keeps it at bay.

4 Likes

Had a small issue with root nastiness in the FPOG/ UC roots tent. Luckily it washed right off.

Before I sprayed it off in the sink:

After:

I noticed thr pump was underperforming, and also for whatever reason there was a ton of hydroton dust in the rez. I rinsed it real good, but I’m guessing this tent got the bottom of the bucket where the dust was.

I changed the rez, cleaned the heck out of it with bleach and upped the dose of UC roots. I replaced the pump and now we’ll see what happens.

Both tents currently doing OK. No difference in pH stability, both rising at same rate. Surprised me, as soon as just a few little roots hit the rez pH started to rise.

Black Jack/Hydrogaurd Tent:

FPOG/ UC Roots Tent:

Thanks for stopping by, and good luck in your gardens!

8 Likes

Hey are those the wire hole cover things off of a desk??

1 Like

Yessir! I tape over the top to keep water from escaping. They happen to fit the size of a hole saw I have so they work out.

A 4 inch hole would be better. Right now I can only get pH readings if the water is pretty high.

1 Like

Hey I thought it was a great idea. Even makes it look a lil more professional. Good job.

3 Likes

I’ve been doing a little bit of lurking but I had to stop in and give you props man you got a nice little setups going on. I snatched me up a little 2x2x3. Some screwing lights in it. It’s doing very well. It’s nice to see somebody else who’s really got a dialed in not that I do I’m just saying you have a really nice clean setup, very proper. Have a good one dude.

3 Likes

Thanks for stopping in, and for the kind words! I’ve definitely had my share of problems lol… I change my method a lot which doesn’t help, but I’m still searching for the method I like best.

So far I’m really digging DWC… Never worrying about water amount or frequency is a big bonus.

Good luck in your 2x2 dude, glad it’s doing well! I’ll definitely check out your thread :+1:

2 Likes

Update on the 2 tents:

The Sweet Seeds Black Jack with Hydrogaurd are doing great.

The roots are healthy so far and the growth is good for just a few weeks above ground.

The FPOG from Cannaventure with UC Roots is lagging behind due to issues in the root zone. The small bout of algae really did a number on the roots.

I switched them over to Hydrogaurd after they didn’t get better. I tried upping the dose of UC roots to the maximum the bottle recommend but still nothing a few days later so they are on Hydrogaurd.

Yesterday I applied a Hydroguard tea that I brewed with molasses for 48 hours hoping to increase the number microbes. I poured it over the root crown and added a good amount to the rez. If that doesn’t work in the next few days, I’ll try to brew a tea using recharge or great white or similar.

10 Likes

those plants are looking happy

1 Like

Smoke report for the Cannaventure Black Raspberry Kush

We are one month into curing on these guys and I am really happy with the results :smiley:

These are some of the best plants I’ve grown, if not the best.

They are super frosty, super stanky, and have a great high and they yielded very well.

For a SoG from seed grow these would be a great choice because the plant morphology has almost no variation, but there is some variation in the terps and the effect, so you get variety of effect/smell/taste with the ease of an even canopy.

Here they were a month ago before the chop. I had some unknown problem with them the last 2-3 weeks which discolored them some but they didn’t seem to mind too much:

The terps are a strong coffee/skunk smell that has a lemony kush tone to it when the buds are smelled directly.

The high is 100% feel good with heavy relaxation but only minor sedation.

The exception to this would be the purple pheno which is super strong, semi-racy yet still relaxing high. I would have guessed the purple would be the most mellow but it is not…

Here are some shots of the buds:

They are super dense and yielded just over 160 grams which is definitely a record for me in a 2x2 tent (just shy of 6 OZ).

15 Likes

Great job… looks great!!

1 Like

Great results, those look nice!

1 Like

Great job on the yield! It feels good to surpass your expectations. Well played!

3 Likes

Some very nice tasty looking buds there good job.

1 Like

Nearly 6 oz from a 2x2? Awesome!

2 Likes