Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Thank you @420noob I appreciate your advice and tips. They’re so cool to watch grow. It’s really magical and mysterious. They make me happy already and haven’t broken the surface yet, but I can see them slowly taking over the tubs. Similar to your photo.

4 Likes

Make sure your substrate is fully colonized before introducing to fruiting conditions. This will help guarantee a nice full flush that finishes about the same time. If you don’t wait it will colonize itself but you might get a few random fruits started before the rest is even pinning. This makes for a pita and not nice full flushes. Also becareful when harvesting the fruits as not to mess up your flat level substrate top.

6 Likes

First flush from MS.
If there is such a thing as “flush” with MS

@420noob Judging by this, the genetics in the cluster should be similar

I know that there are more abundant flushes with clusters, but I don’t like them in the harvest.
On the other hand, I like the ability to test in advance

Few almost finished jars

6 Likes

Five day after being mixed got some activity.

to be fair I couldnt run my normal 3:1 coir:spawn ratio 2 got 2:1 with 1/8" faux top casing layer and 2 got 1:1.5 with no top casing layer so activity will be fast and noticable unfortunately my fruits size and yield will probably suffer. The amount of water you can get in theory the bigger fruits. Less water holding materials means overall less water mass available to the fruits and yields suffer. I was low and made so let’s see if I screwed the pooch on this one or not!lol

6 Likes

I didn’t think to check the bottom of the sb.

2 Likes

Should be able to see growth on bottom and eventually is had good coir:spawn ratio might take a minute but the sides as well.

Also I double checked my SB doesn’t have and green rings irl. Plus tric doesn’t spread in same pattern as mycelium a weird reflection with blurple and other lights probably.

2 Likes

First time meeting Tam on a plate :frowning:

My other plate projects look good

8 Likes

Hey that first plate says nat you said tampensis or any I’m mistaking? Not being a smart ass I’m not sure if one is a form of another but thought they are different. Tamp is a kind of truffle or sometimes stone I believe. I’ve never grown just pulling memory I hope lol.

2 Likes

Oh no I said tam as in contam lol my Natalensis plate has contaminants growing on it

1 Like

Lol sorry just a bit of an observant nerd in disguise lol.

So ya those bottom 3 plates are gorgeous and the top one is savable. Do a transfer leading edge farthest from contam and golden.

1 Like

My agar powder comes in tomorrow so I can pour some more plates

2 Likes

Hi gals and guys. Can anyone here spare a b+ sporeprint?
I’m not really in a rush to start, but I probably get itchy gingers if i’d have spores.
I would consider any strain really…I just loved the yield and the size of those b+. That was fun to watch.
Cheers stiffy

2 Likes

What’s that man? Lol

@stiffy I’ll have John Allen prints in about 2 wks not sure about b+ might have a swab.

5 Likes

Ah ok makes perfect sense lol. Thought it was something you are trying to grow :exploding_head::rofl:.

2 Likes

Yes sir. Good stuff. :+1:

1 Like

That would be awesome @420noob
I have never heard of John Allen. Is it a PC?
If that’s the case I’d love to have one. I just want to do one grow with PC’S and hopefully find inspiration to do other edible mushrooms like oysters etc

2 Likes

It is a cubensis.

2 Likes

Yay! If you’re happy to share one with me I’ll send you my addy. If everything works out great I will offer free spore prints of them here too…in the near future.

2 Likes

Pretty atypical, sort of on topical-

I wonder if i’m the only one who noticed shirt pattern on brickmaster Jamie (the dude in the middle). I bet shrooms and legos go together like… well
IMG_1120

5 Likes

Interested in trying to grow some Psy mushrooms for my brother. is there a site that offers giveaways like overgrow? Or anyone do them here?

3 Likes