Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

not really but i have a print i can send you. Need to do a quite a bit of studying though even if you buy ready to grow boomer bags. Join mushroom forum helps also.

Photo dump

10 Likes

Chestnut & Z

10 Likes

yeah man shroomery.org but is its 90 days to get into the marketplace

3 Likes

I’ve got a bunch of scrap bags of his and he ordered agar plates and 2 grain grow bags.
Got a plastic tub. Anything else I would need?

a pressure cooker

2 Likes

What’s the pressure cooker for?

For sterilizing everything!
Your jars of agar
Jars of grain

Crock pot to sterilize your substrate.
Screen to drain your grain and your substrate

5 Likes

You can also use an instant pot

1 Like

One thing I left out was a dehydrator. Is there a way around that?

1 Like

yeah a dozen or so ways but an insta pot doesnt replace a pressure cooker

4 Likes

Dehydratror is about the easiest part for the diy. Pressure cooker is a must. Instapot can work but very limited space and you have to run your grains longer cause it doesnt get enough pressure. Agar you need a pc i wouldnt trust my agar at 12psi no matter how long i run it.

3 Likes

Instant pot worked for popcorn spawn following the YouTube videos. You make the popcorn and gypsum in it. Then you pressure cook the jars. Then you pressure cook the jars with the popcorn it.

Surprisingly, No obvious contamination in spawn and all colonizing in tubs about to fruit.

I am using the instant pro pot 8qt which we already had because my girlfriend likes rice and seem to not need a pressure cooker yet. If things go bad I will update but so far so good.

3 Likes

you can do any grain in the insta just need to let it go longer than a PC. If you want to do agar you need a pc. Otherwise you need to buy spore syringes. @MushroomManMycology has spore syringes that have always been sterile for me or spore print and make your own syringe but that introduces more points of contamination. Using my name will get you a extra freebie. To make your own syringe from prints you need to make a s.a.b. still air box otherwise you’ll introduce more points for possible contamination.

6 Likes

I am due for a giveaway here soon, keep your eyes peeled!

11 Likes

how long on average does a 3lb grain bag take to colonize? I didn’t write down any of that from my first half dozen or so tries so I don’t remember…

2 Likes

Have you ever tried mckenaiis? I have some p. Cyans and p. Bisporus prints and i have a thailand kai samui syringe but never got around to growing them.

I heard/read the p. Cyans and bisporus are supposed to be more potent then cubensis, in anyones experience is that true?

3 Likes

Pan cyan is more then 2x strong than cubes.

3 Likes

Yeah…it’s true :crazy_face::smiling_imp:🫠

2 Likes

they (pan cyan) also look like fat hairs when they are dry

2 Likes

Worth the grow? Have you tried em before? I just spend so much time on the maryjane garden that i just never found the time to make agar, isolate and inoculate a medium. Butttttt i have made some DeeeemTeee with an acid to base reduction so that kind of also was another reason why i was set on psychotropics for a bit lol.

1 Like