Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Thanks for the helpful information, appreciate it! And yeah, I’ll definitely let you know if any questions pop in my head.

I cut a large “X” shape in the bag, rolled it up to push the air out, and taped the bag in place. It was pretty interesting to watch it grow into a coral head shape, and in the end tasted wonderful. The second flush was more typical and produced two lobe-shaped fruits. I’ll have to try your advice and see how they turn out, thanks again for the help!

2 Likes

How easy is it to clone a mushroom and what do you need? I currenty am doing some home plant tissue culture work and have a still air box, pressure cooker (autoclave,) burner for tools, Phyto jars, petri dishes, etc.

4 Likes

I’ve cloned onto agar before, it’s super easy in a SAB

2 Likes

If you have all that and your aseptic technique is good, you shouldn’t have a problem. Give me a couple days and I’ll post a how-to on general mycology techniques as well as cloning.

I started with plant tissue culture in university so it seems I’m in good company here.

4 Likes

I really want to learn tissue culture. That’s my 2022 project

2 Likes

I’m fixing to setup a 2x4 tent in my grow room with a few pink oyster grow bags and probably some garden giants too. I should be fine just putting a few 5000k and 6500k led bulbs for fruiting? gonna run the exhaust over my plants for the extra co2.

2 Likes

I’ve got one 8 watt 5400k led for the fruits to grow towards in the tent at my buddies. They need just the littlest bit of light.

2 Likes

Take the stem of the mushroom and rip it in half in your SAB. Then cut a sliver from the center of it and place onto agar. I used a scalpel. Then just watch and wait.

2 Likes

1 out of 12. Grains look wet which is weird being it was all one batch. Fed to the chickens and ducks.

3 Likes

That’s how I isolated my BPErfection strain.

2 Likes

What’s your favorite strain? Do you like the PE or cube varieties?

Is anyone using wheat for spawn? I’ve run out of oats and haven’t found a feed store yet. The bird place I found only has wheat(trigo).

1 Like

APE. Or any combination of it. It’s in a league of its own.

Check this post.

2 Likes

So they start out blue and turn brown or is that a different strain? Couldn’t tell if the elite and the BPErfecrion were same ones.

1 Like

The ape were different from the bpe. They always look like that with the blue black caps. I’ve eaten more booms than anyone I know. The ape are amazing. Even from multispore

2 Likes

If you ever wanna trade for some seeds let me know. I’m just running Golden Teacher I’m guessing that’s of no interest to you.

How much do you like to eat, I’ve done 10-12g. It gets a little uncomfortable!

2 Likes

6-9 is my happy, 16-20 for a deep dive.

I envy the people that freak off of 2 grams.

I really like psilohuasca, taking harmines about 30 minutes before eating my dose. It makes it stronger, longer and more… Just more.

3 Likes

1/2 gallon of spawn per tub.

4 Likes

Psilocybe serbica fruited today!!! I started this project march 2020.

I’m doing all the happy dance right now!!!

@PhilCuisine @Eudaemon @nube

7 Likes

So will you able to use the spores from that for your future grows?

What do you think of these strains that Homestead used for their kits?

Did everything by the book, hope it turns out well…

6 Likes

I could use those prints. But I’m going to eat them lol. I have a nice spot in the woods, in theory I should be able to bury it there and it should produce fruits for 20+ years

I’ve tried the angkor before and they were nice, my favorite I got from homestead was Koh samui

5 Likes