Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Everything is going great for my first time

8 Likes

That’s incredible! I’d be very proud of that—that’s not an easy feat to pull off. Do you know if that causes anything similar to wood lovers paralysis?

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ve heard it can. I’m thinking Sunday I’ll make some tea with them.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Glad the mycelium likes my offerings! NOM NOM NOM

6 Likes

Leucistic penis envy uncut.
What happens when you forget about your CO2 producing bag of cubensis for your veg cabinet.

10 Likes

Hey, should I birth and dunk now?

Shroomery’s interface to post pictures and ask questions is so dinosaur, thanks in advance pure white+jar bottoms =shiny

4 Likes

Don’t dunk until after a flush. Did you make your sgfc? I’m guessing your not planning on s2b.

Just think, you can fruit that cake and maybe get 1/2 oz. Or spawn to bulk and maybe get a 2-3 oz per flush.

3 Likes

ryasco’s right. I’ll add, set your environment up for comfort. Turn off the phone, have paper and pen, maybe crayons out. Set relaxing music - instrumental. Inspirational pictures handy. Enjoy your self. Good Luck!

2 Likes

You know your responding to an almost 4 year old post right? From Nov 2017

3 Likes

I waited til I could see small pins on the side of jar. Any exposed areas create a vector for contamination. I dunked and then rolled in verm when I did cakes. If your looking for a better harvest taking the cakes to bulk is a good idea! Coco coir and verm is easy to get and can make a great medium for cannabis also.

4 Likes

Ok I went ahead and birthed it, now it’s in a 6qt sgfc see. And I want to spawn to bulk with these other cakes I have that aren’t fully colonized yet. I didn’t know if I could spawn cakes to bulk. Thanks

3 Likes

Wow, I didnt know if I could s2b with cakes so I sgfc. I have other cakes and grains colonizing and plenty of coir and verm, so I’m gonna s2b from now on.

3 Likes

Ya I didn’t know that either. I tried it the first time in an old ice cream tub and was impressed with results.

Are you doing any grain to grain transfers? Once I got those going I always had grains colonized and ready to go.

2 Likes

Does anyone used straw pellets as nutritive boost in substrate(coir and verm). I want to try it outdoor

2 Likes

Actually, I didn’t. I’m just finding my way around here. But in any case, Tripping is a chance to open one’s mind and it’s important for that to happen in a positive, supportive environment. Maybe somebody will stumble across this and it could be a bit of a help. Peace.

5 Likes

Oh I’m very aware, you haven’t gotten to my posts yet I’m guessing. I’m always supportive of people trying to expand their consciousness, ask @PhilCuisine.

It’s generally common knowledge to check the date of a posting in any forum though, and not respond years out of date.

5 Likes

How did you go about doing the containers?

1 Like

This baby is going on 2 weeks I think, how are they looking?

3 Likes

No offense taken or meant. I’m a beginner here. Thanks for the tip.

3 Likes