Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

A one more questions

I have boxes, but I don’t have lids for them. Would it be appropriate to cover them with a thin and light nylon foil? When I put the foil on top, it bends over the edges and seals relatively well

2 Likes

Harvested some big ones today…should be harvesting more throughout this coming week…

7 Likes

Looks like your advice is working because this harvest the shrooms are bigger, thanks you.

Uploading: 20210726_062111.jpg…

7 Likes

Just flip a second box over top, you want more headroom

5 Likes

@sct2020
When should I shake this one?
Thanks

j

2 Likes

Totally ready, try to get it evenly dispersed.

2 Likes

Will these small shrooms be as potent as the big ones, I mean is it worth eating?

2 Likes

If there is difference, i think that it will go on more potent side

1 Like

Yeah, the small ones that kind of die and don’t grow are usually 2-3x stronger by weight.

5 Likes

Never knew that…

3 Likes

Eat em all! :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Believe me, I will…I also heard that if you put them in honey, it will maintain their potency…Is that true?

These 2 are the biggest ones so far and they have my name on it…:joy::sweat_smile::rofl:

5 Likes

I know @anon93244739 can answer your honey Question. I haven’t tried it yet.
These are PF Red spore I grew a while back. Over 28 grams. Biggins. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, the honey is an old hippy trick to preserve them. I posted a blue honey recipe somewhere above

4 Likes

I will definitely be doing this…

6 Likes

What do you guys think of ready to grow mushroom kits?

1 Like

My first time was a homestead kit way back when. There is better stuff now though

3 Likes

I was thinking of ordering a kit from psilotechlabs but haven’t found any reviews from anyone who has ordered.

1 Like

Let me know what you get, I’ve been looking too. Prices seem right at some places I see but, who knows what’s to be trusted?

2 Likes

Other than honey is there another way to maintain its potency after its dried? How about putting it in Avocado oil, so I can drizzle it on my salads? Two more last questions, when does the shrooms start to lose its potency after you pick it and dry it, shelf life? Should it be kept in the fridge?

3 Likes