Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Three jars for g2g transfer
One jar will go with coco coir - for prints
One jar is for experimental grow with straw pellets and little vermiculite

@PhilCuisine
They immediately begin to lose potency if exposed to oxygen. If you vacuum them, then they last a very long time

3 Likes

So they have tested 100+ year old museum samples and found them to be active still. I like to put them in a jar with silica gel to absorb any moisture and with a hand warmer to remove any oxygen, then seal it tight

3 Likes

Getting ready to case the GT’s in coco coir.

1 Like

Still coming along fine…I use a sterile metal chop sticks to pick the shrooms on the sides of the kit…I dont want the whole kit contaminated…

3 Likes

New and totally fascinated.

9 Likes

Gave a gram to a buddy and he said he tripped for 6hrs…so far this is the biggest one…is it bad for the shrooms open up and drop their spores all over? Homestead always told me not to let them open up and drop the spores all over the substrate…

5 Likes

The spores just taste more bitter, and your gaining some mass without any more psilocybin being produced. It’s not the end of the world by any means

6 Likes

@anon93244739
Can you tell what is that yellow on 10 o’clock

3 Likes

Looks like metabolites, a closer pic would tell me more

2 Likes

I can’t take a better photo.
I figured it could be metabolites. The surface was too dry and after I misted it, somehow that yellowness receded.
And please tell me if it’s too early for casing

1 Like

Your a bit late for casing, I think I see hyphal knots and primordia.

2 Likes

In perfect moment.
Thanks man
One more hour and i would make mistake

The top surface seems to have slowed down so I turned the whole substrate on its side a couple days ago and now the pins on the side are getting more light and getting bigger…

3 Likes

I’ve even fruited the block on its side before, to expose the most area to air

2 Likes

I just found these today in my freezer…

9 Likes

Oh shot that’s where I left those, sorry I forgot I had put them there, I’ll send you my addy so you can mail them back to me

:joy::laughing::rofl:

3 Likes

Looks like good things are coming :tada:

7 Likes

Has anyone tried anything like this?
I don’t have the space to grow the required amounts of mushrooms, but I could organize the space to grow mycelium in larger quantities.
The idea is - to grow the mycelium of edible and medicinal mushrooms on brown rice.
In new jars, mix colonized rice of various types, add water(maybe salted, some spice?), seal tightly with a lid and sterilase
And include that in diet. Risottos…
Is there a reason why i shouldnt try this?

2 Likes

You wanna put different kinds of spawn into a mono tun and then fruit several varieties?

I don’t think that will work. They will compete and fight for space.

I do like your idea. I did it this way. Make a lot of spawn and spawn it outside. I only did psychedelic varieties though.

2 Likes

No, I didn’t mean that. English is not my mother language and I may not be clear.
What I wanted to say - mix different spawns(colonized rice) , then put them in the same jars, then sterilize and store. Use it as food, make various risottos (with vegetables, meat …)

2 Likes