Mutant plants, fasciation and other abnormalities

Now that is different what strain is that you got there ?

2 Likes

I have no idea the strain. I have the same seeds in DWC and didn’t have the same traits. I think that was induced by stress.

1 Like

a space monkey seedings.

6 Likes

I got another shot. It might be culled soon. I’ll try to post another before its gone.

8 Likes

Yep fasciation. Ol’ flat ribbon stem. If you’ve got a node below where the fasciation starts, you can cut off the affected part and it usually grows fine thereafter. Most of the time I just cull them though.

3 Likes

It seems I heard that all of them have the potential to do it, it’s stress induced, & more prevalent in ‘weak’ genetics. :man_shrugging:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Sure stuff that’s more stressed tends to do it, happens occasionally to me, particularly lowers or stems I crushed the shit out of or broke. I’ve seen it on burly strong plants, inbred plants, all different types of stuff, stress related and just randomly. I suspect it’s somehow related to whorled phyllotaxy plants, as branches that have “weird” traits seem to eventually fasciate when left to their own devices. IDK, just my observations. Sometimes it’ll happen to a clone from a healthy branch, which is one reason I always take 2-3 now lol.

Apparently it can be genetic, an infection, stress, bunch of root causes. Usually it’s just an odd branch every so often.

6 Likes

Here is a mutation on my OG kush. I have posted it elsewhere but was just made aware of this thread.
I believe it is called polyploid mutation, and is highly favorable trait. In over 39 years this is first one.
Plant is extremely picky and finicky and a nightmare to grow.
IMG_0959|375x500

11 Likes

10 Likes

Does anyone recognize this mutation? It was over the entire plant. A leaf blade would grow from any part of the leaf.
There were two like that. They had the same mom, but different t dads.

5 Likes

I’ve had that before. Pretty cool. The plants seem to be normal in every other way.

1 Like

Yes. Normal but leaf growing from the leaf. There was 2 from the same cross. Great smoke

2 Likes

I’ve had calyxes growing at the union point, but not an extra finger, though I have seen it a few times on here.

Very cool

4 Likes

I’ve seen buds growing out of leaves on @Eudaemon’s Kashmir, I had it happen with one of the ace Panama plants I grew, and read its common in Colombian strains. I always thought that would be a useful trait.

5 Likes

When isolated, it would make a great way to identify a strain. The first set of true leaves on nympho plant you like penguin flippers. I call them angel wings. I don’t know if that would be considered a mutation.

this one is even frosty. Lol

5 Likes

I’ve had the extra leaf fingers grow from the palm of the leaf with a bagseed. There was one leaf with 22+ blades coming from it.

20 Likes

God damn! Got any more of that?

4 Likes

I’ve had alot of freaks in the last couple years. I had a triplet jungle spice seedling (only one lived), and a double orange goji seedling that did live and I was able to clone both. They were both females and the ‘runt’ turned out to be a bigger, danker plant.

Right now I have a gummy trail that’s growing like @7lpdwcaw pics above, but only one cola and the rest are normal. I also had one with three nodes ,but it grew out of it. I had a monster seeds GSC that also had 3 nodes and kept the trait for its whole life…3 buds per node but it didn’t yield much more than its siblings.

5 Likes

That one is a beauty

4 Likes

I think plant mutation could very well be the future of cannabis

4 Likes