Mutant plants, fasciation and other abnormalities

Agreed.

7 Likes

Agreed

15 Likes

Mutations could make it easier to identify the lines.

3 Likes

a triploid seedling and a couple pics of a fasciated autoflower that I had last year

8 Likes

Here is my nympho “angel” mutation. The first set of leaves look like wings. This mutations also carry over to crosses. I don’t know how rare it is, but it’s common in my Nympho line. It’s a great way of identifying my genetics.

5 Likes

Uploading: 20200706_165939.jpg… Uploading: 20200706_165959.jpg…

1 Like

You gotta wait. You posted before it uploaded

2 Likes

Getting some leaf stem buds on my current grow of “Lots of Zkittlez” by The Plug Seedbank.

12 Likes

I get that on my sssdh too

1 Like

There they are

8 Likes

Anyone ever seen something like this before? It’s definitely leaf material… super funky!
(Panama red x 1979 afghani)

8 Likes

An extra finger showing up…

7 Likes

That looks to be Многолистка(multileaf). I’d be curious to know where your weed came from. I know someone in L.A. has it, and I have it. I think thats it for US. I’m doing a big(relatively) seed run now. Seeds will be available eventually.

4 Likes

I get one like that out of most newer strains that I grow the older genetics don’t seem to do this as often

3 Likes

Here is a better pic of angel wings. I took these off what I thought was a mutant plant. The mutant stopped growing for a long time and split when it began growing again. I saw that the main stalk was hollow and thin skinned after I chopped her. It didn’t seem to affect her much because she was the highest yielder in the bunch and more potent. I got some offsprings of her going now so I can see how this mutation (maybe) plays out. So far it looks like the mutation is carrying over into the offspring. I hope the added potency caries over as well.

5 Likes

Had a couple plants from this cross do this.
She started growing 3 branches per node and then 5. Some branches also have 3 branches.

6 Likes

I think your third picture is a male

Nah it’s a female. It’s an autoflower that’s in its 9th generation. Those seeds were taken from an anomaly (mutant) plant. That topped itself and had a thin hollow stem. Huge yielder.
The first mutation I noticed is where the first true leaves form a ^ shape. The resemble a gulls wings to me. So I call them angel wings.
I’m sure you see the 3 blade leaf og mutation. It’s crazy because it is always opposite a 5 blade leaf.
Here is the latest pic of the same plant. So definitely a female.

The pic had me fooled. Cool plant

1 Like

The pic had me fooled. Cool plant. That was response to Blu-Tri

1 Like