Mutant plants, fasciation and other abnormalities

Sour D x snow lotus X purple poison cookies
I love it :green_heart:

Actually that plant is quite interesting! Would you care to say what’s in it?

It strongly resembles Freakshow but I can see some major differences. It’s quite fascinating. :+1:

Would love to see pictures of it as it develops. I hope you’ll post updates for us!

1 Like

Hi, Yeah you’re right it’s a freakshow but unlike the others. I have dug it up and intend to baby him/her but I suspect it’s going to die. I’ve been calling it tetris pheno. On closer inspection it sort of looks like one leaf with no sign of anything else forming in the middle. Might be a genetic dead end

1 Like

As I thought. Sadly on closer inspection it’s just one freakshow leaf. Hasn’t done anything at all and I don’t think it will. It’s just dying very very slowly. Strange all the same

Ah it seems like a runt maybe? I wonder if there’s some element of it’s environment that it’s not happy with? To me it looked like a decent little plant but I know how that goes sometimes. Hopefully it turns the corner and continues growing again! I feel like that one in particular may have some unique qualities if it does survive.

Not so much a runt but more not growing normally. From seed it grew up and formed just one leaf. I have let it go about 3 months and still just the one leaf with no signs of any leaf pairs forming. Heard someone mention something like this from some normal weed they were growing but no pics. Perhaps it’s not that unique. For sure an undesirable genetic dead end which is a shame as I liked the leaf shape which was a bit different from my other freakshows which have managed to get to about 3/4ft. outside against 3/4 inches for the weird runt. Gave up and binned it. Pehaps I should have tried to take a leaf cutting lol

Is this rare or any positive or negative effects

10 Likes

I think it means you’ll get three times as high.

10 Likes

eh, not too uncommon. A lot of times they will grow out of it, but if it stays the whole way through flower then its definitely a rare one.

Haven’t seen any negatives other than more humidity from the extra leaves, may need more defoliation.

9 Likes

Here is a thread you might be interested in.
Mutant plants, fasciation and other abnormalities

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of triple set seedlings. I posted this the other day so I’ll just copy and paste it here:

“Best part about this certain trait/mutation is that when it’s topped it goes to 3 off-shoots instead of 2. Had some bag seeds from a heavily seeded ounce of mid 90’s skunk, 3 out of 10 seeds would throw out 3 water leaves then a 3 set straight off the bat. I miss that weed”

I’ve only seen it on wide leaf Afghani type genetics, what variety are you growing?

6 Likes

It a lemon g × 88g13hp. Im going to clone it just in case. Hopefully it keeps going to the top

1 Like

Awesome hopefully it does it to the top then I have a grow journal greenbee Basement Boutique with octopots I just started here on og I’ll keep it updated over there

1 Like

Just had this one a couple of weeks ago. It has grown out of it after the 2nd set of leaves.

Oger99 x C-Plus

4 Likes

pretty lil baby!

1 Like

its out of focus but this one also has three cotyledons (underneath) and three leaf shoots

its a GG4 by Floyd.

4 Likes

Oh no! A mutant! :scream:

3 Likes

The bottom left plant was an example of example of whorled phyllotaxy. She stayed that way until I topped her.

2 Likes

Mutant by @RegularSeed

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing! What an oddity there! Where any chemicals used on this plant? I’ve never seen anything like it. Truly bizarre.