Mutants Walk Among Us

Flag a mod

I must admit I am a bit challenged in that field… lol

1 Like

I just did it lol

2 Likes

you could always grab some polen and chuck it and see what happens… someone here might single handedly be responsible for a new breed of megahops hahah

1 Like

@LemonadeJoe can help.

1 Like

You think so? You should try it intentionally again. They’ve made hops plants that produce resin on their cones now. A cross of weed and hops. Grows as a vine. You could make some money with a project like that if thats what happened. I had forgotten all about it until just now. I nearly bought the seeds. I just Googled it and this is all I could find. It’s about a newer company attempting the same thing, but this other guy started in the late 90s and actually stabilized it. I believe it has a 7% THC level

anyone remember the name of this hops cannabis hybrid?

14 Likes
4 Likes

Harlequin Cascade, is that the one ?

6 Likes

Thanks for the link, but no that’s not the one. This one wasn’t grafted. It was a true hops plant cannabis plant hybrid. And it breeds true. The guy said it took multiple generations, and that the plants were all fucked up the first few, but somewhere around the 7th or 9th generation maybe he was able to finally get healthy plants. I should have bought it when I saw it, it would have been a great one for a reproduction here on overgrow. Talk about a stealth plant! It’s a vine, so you can plant it next to a tree and have it grow around the tree for the ultimate camouflage. And of course you can make some pretty Kick-Ass beer with it too! It was pretty expensive which is why I didn’t buy it. It looked like hops cones, but they had resin all over them. Nice thick resin too.

7 Likes

Not done through natural pollination but through grafting, cannabis-hop hybrid is more tech lab then donkeys and wild horses. Since they are genetically related it isn’t obscene, though the mixing might not develop anything of grander. It might turn out that the hop-cannabis hybrid is useless on both fronts: pretty for gardening and smelling but aesthetically and technologically useless.

Dutch Ganja atricles on growing marjiuana 18.6 Grafting talks about the science, myth and how to of hop-cannabis hybrids:

"The beauty of such a graft is that it would be difficult to identify as marijuana and, possible, the plant would not be covered under marijuana statutes. Unfortunately, the myth is false. It is possible to successfully graft Cannabis with Humulus, but the hops portion will not contain any cannabinoids.

In 1975, the research team of Crombie and Crombie grafted hops scions on Cannabis stocks from both hemp and marijuana (Thailand) plants 205. Cannabis scions were also grafted to hops stocks. In both cases, the Cannabis portion of the graft continued to produce its characteristic amounts of cannabinoids when compared to ungrafted controls, but the hops portions of the grafts contained no cannabinoids. This experiment was well-designed and carried out. Sophisticated methods were used for detecting THC, THCV, CBD, CBC, CBN, and CBG. Yet none of these were detected in the hops portions.

2 Likes

https://kalyseeds.eu/

They claim to base alot of their breeding on hops.

3 Likes

That’s the one! I remember this name! Thank you, I couldn’t find it.

8 Likes

Ahah that’s where you have got your inspirations for other frisians…

how about starting a thread about these mutants and not high-jack this thread? I think it deserves a topic of its own.

Something like Mutants Among Us

2 Likes

I think im going to place an order. All they accept on the site is bank transfer, Iemailed asking if Icould bitcoin it.

2 Likes

Make sure its real

this is the one I remember. 7% THC

5 Likes

Small $30 order first…

1 Like

Sorry buddy. I think we should start a thread for this one. Maybe a bunch of us could go in on it and someone could grow it.

2 Likes

Post a link on this thread if you start a new thread. Should we post everyone’s ABC outdoor grow this spring there or on here?

I would like to have a place to enjoy everyone’s ABC outdoor grow this summer.

4 Likes

Started a thread

1 Like

Start its own thread!

It’s an aussie bastard walk-about, mate!

2 Likes