My 4x4 tent (multistrain quantum boards)

Nice, I broke down and bought an EZ cloner. Probably could have done the DIY a lot cheaper though.

1 Like

I currently have 5 strains in my tent so I took 4 cuts from each ā€¦ I only need 1 to root but if I get more I will use the extras to create female pollen to store until I know how the end product is. I want to build a small isolation chamber for chucking pollen. Iā€™m going to need to order my 2nd tent soon for vegging because iā€™m not sure if a 4x4 harvest will last me long enough to veg and flower in the same tent. also not sure whether i want many little plants or few big plants. whatever will yield the most in the shortest time preferably.

9 Likes

Might have to do a little copycat/mimicry on the LED setup. Slightly at least. Glad to follow along.

Love aero-clonersā€¦I built mine myself for $30 and have only good things to say about it. I had a 96% cloning rate with just plain water. Thatā€™s 23 clones (outta 24) rooted every 7 to 14 days. Canā€™t wait to see them roots :grinning:

2 Likes

Good to know because I just used tap water. I did dip the stocks in cloning gel then mixed the leftovers into the water but no nutrients or clear rez or anything. how often did you change the water, just after every run of clones?

At the time, I was using tap water from our well (1,000 feet/300 meters deep), which was very cannabis friendly containing calcium, iron, zinc, mg, etc. that came out to 170 - 200 ppm from the tap. Also contained almost zero bacteria. So I used no nutrients or additives at all.

I changed the water and cleaned the equipment every clone batch. Then start again, in a perpetual process to offer clones to my community.

Many years ago on OG, we were all looking for that magical simple cloning technique that would result in 100% every time. The powders and gels were starting to surface. Soil and Hydro techniques were being constantly tested. How its cut, scarification, dome - no dome, cutting leaf tipsā€¦etc

However in the end, across the board, an aero cloner was the way to go. Anybody and everybody back then could now clone on OG, with the affordability and accessibility of the equipment (you can pick everything up at wal-mart cheap).

I want to say, this is the way I clone. In no way am I saying that other methods will not work or are bad. I just prefer this one :grin:

1 Like

was the aerocloner invented on OG or an existing gardening product adopted ?

1 Like

lol no it existed many years before OG, but I canā€™t remember the Guy, he made a DIY on OG that showed the community how easy and cheap it was, then experimented and gave us the data we needed to verify its success rate.

I believe the DIY aero cloner is a poor mans High Intensity aerponic system that green houses use for genetically altered plants and trees. Those systems cost thousands of dollars and the maintenance and upkeep on them are ridiculous. But it uses the same concept. Just like the DWC bubbles today (which I think are brilliant)

1 Like

That is the best idea, safer and better.

1 Like

i have been busy this week so i only just today put up the scrog and began training them flat these plants were WAY over vegged for various reasons (pests, deficiencies etc) but finally they have a clean bill of health and are ready to produce some fruits for me!! excited to finally be flowering themā€¦

the cuts i took 13 days ago are just starting to show roots. i keep the thermostat at 68F and theyā€™ve been in the living room just under a table lamp so i think thatā€™s why they are so slow to root. but they are still green and alive and roots are starting so no complaints :smiley: the longer the better actually because i have nowhere to put them lol

9 Likes

Hey dont forget to post a photo in a few days !!! please please please please :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

they are starting to look upā€¦ iā€™m worried i donā€™t have enough roomā€¦ only 16 inches or so and the lights already maxed outā€¦ hereā€™s hopingā€¦ they were way over vegged, iā€™m going to feel dumb hacking most of this off when i deleaf in 2 weeks. i will remove almost every leaf on the 18th

12 Likes

they are starting to smell stronger now, only a few days in flower

2 Likes

They look amazing. Yeah, little vertical space, lets hope they stretch as lil as possible

3 Likes

oh my god i noticed some pistils starting to turn red so iā€™m like wtf? start checking the plants and nanners EVERYWHERE so far on 2 of the plants. ugh iā€™m less than 2 weeks in to flower. should i trash the two plants? pluck them all off?? UGH WTF

2 Likes

Make sure you donā€™t have light leaks and figure out how bad you need freeish weed, even with seeds. If you are hippy rich (have plenty of cannabis) then cut it and start over. Sorry for the bad luck, i have this happen from time to time. If you pop a lot of seeds then this is one of the downsides.

1 Like

well i donā€™t have light leaks but i did open the door to the room in the middle of their night cycle 3 or 4 times and they probably got some light thru one of the vent holes in the tent. but it was in their first week of 12/12 so i didnā€™t think itā€™d be a big deal, but of course itā€™s the 2 plants on that side of the tent. can you see? i was having hard time getting camera to focus

so if i kill these 2 plants, will my other plants have any sins left on them or will everything be completely seeded?? lots of the pistils i see are turning red but they just starting popping up last week at most

1 Like

iā€™m only 9 days in to flower, is it too late to save these plants? or the other plants without nanners?? is it possible for a nanner to develop and open within 9 days of flipping?

1 Like

Sorry i canā€™t tell much from the photo. It might be a bit premature to assume hermaphrodite. I hope so anyway. If you are certain they are male flowers it is a judgement call.

2 Likes

maybe iā€™m being paranoid. is there any other reason pistils will turn red? hold on iā€™ll get a pic

1 Like