My 4x4 tent (multistrain quantum boards)

Age will turn pistils red.

3 Likes

i couldnā€™t get a clear picture, but yeah theres a bunch turning red starting from the end it seems because thereā€™s some with just a red tip and others almost completely redā€¦ idk maybe itā€™s nothing and iā€™m just freaking out over calyxs lol i hope so anyway

2 Likes

Ride it out, if nothing else it will be interesting.

1 Like

Iā€™ve made the pistils turn red from leaf-rub / fans too high / plants too close, and other unknown reasons that werenā€™t pollination.
If you discarded a mild herm at 9 days, you probably wont have many seeds. Water spray makes any leftover pollen non-viable. Trying to tweezer out the pollen sacs will drive you ā€œbananasā€ :banana: you wont get them all.
Get a green-headlamp for doing work during the night cycle. Some cultivars are insanely sensitive to the slightest light-leak.

ā€¦Iā€™d continue to power through with the experiment at this point, if it were me. Good-luck buddy :thumbsup:

3 Likes

i think you will be fine. hard to tell if they are pollen sacs or not. and like ryasco said. maybe let it herm if you need some meds right?

3 Likes

Seeds arenā€™t so bad if you are into hash. With seed runs I usually remove the seeds over a screen collecting the kief. Iā€™ll then make bubble hash with the leftovers. Finally Iā€™ll press the bubble hash out into rosin. I really donā€™t want hemp seed oil in my rosin, so I make the hash first.

EDIT: I smoked seeded brick weed for most of my life anyway.

2 Likes

I agree, I canā€™t tell if those are male flowers or not either they might put out some pistils.

3 Likes

so iā€™m at about 2 weeks in to flower and noticed a few thrips still running around so i am going to do a HEAVY defoliation today and spray the plants and pots hard with method 1 pps every day for the next week and hopefully eradicate them or at least knock the population down so much the buds arenā€™t too infestedā€¦

i believe all of my strains selected this run were faster flowerers (7 weeks max i think). do the suggested flowering times begin counting from pistils or the flip usually?

2 Likes

You might know but be sure and hit all your stems. Insects and PM are there also and get overlooked when spraying, you canā€™t assume the over spray is reaching it.

3 Likes

yes i think that was my problem at first, i didnā€™t realize i needed to spray the soil and stems so it was futile at best for the first couple weeks and i think i helped them build resistance to the method1 pps lol.

@Ohhhh this is my grow journal if u want to check it out.

1 Like

Wowā€¦bushy and healthyā€¦

2 Likes

my aerocloner was a bust, only a few of them rooted, i think the problem is my pump is too weak so the sprinkler wasnā€™t working as intended. it would have decent pressure with 270* but when i turn it to 360* spray it goes to shit. the few that were getting sprayed rooted. oh well, now i have a spare fountain pump for other projects. but will have to monstercrop or reveg these plants if i want to grow them again.

I would like to start a diaryā€¦ And get some opinions along the wayā€¦ Forgive my ignorance as wellā€¦ I have different types of Lights: high pressure sodium ā€“ metal halide-- and the ones with the long tubes?.. No LEDsā€¦ Which is best?.. Right now Iā€™m concerned about electricityā€¦

I used to start the seedlings with the long tube lights

I also know there are different Spectrum of long tube lights which I have the different spectrum bulbs

Iā€™m going to use Pro mix ( add some perlite )ā€¦ as well as nutrientsā€¦ Mix all that shit in a big tub and then put the soil in 2 gallon grow bags

1 Like

I realize you have to be careful with planting seedsā€¦ You have to be dead center in the pot / bagā€¦ Also seeds are shaped like a bulletā€¦ You have to imagine shooting down into the soilā€¦ the pointy end goes first

1 Like

fluoros are good for seedlings, clones and supplemental lighting. metal halide are generally used for vegetative and HPS for flowering growth. although people can veg with HPS and flower with CMH also. generally lower color temp (3500k/4k or less) is for flowering and higher color temp for veg (5000k+)

LEDs are more expensive than HID lighting although the good ones are more efficient so you use less power to produce the same lumens but itā€™s a bigger up front cost with savings over time. there are also a lot of shitty LEDs.

2 Likes

Thank youā€¦ That was clear and concise

Sorry to hear about the clones man - sucks that it was a bust. But on a good note its looking killer in there bro

1 Like