My coonhound ate my first clone!

When I went to inspect my garden this morning. The picture below is what was left of Tahoe Og Kush Clone I bought off instagram. I was so happy and excited to finally aquire my first clone. I had no clue Savannah would do this. She’s a Walker Coonhound I rescued. She never paid any attention to my garden. I’m so upset. Ive had nothing but bad luck so far trying to grow indoors. I love this plant so much. It God send for me. I didnt even get to try her. Anyone else deal with this problem with your pets?

16 Likes

Plastic gate around the garden?

3 Likes

My mom’s dog always comes over and digs my beds up. Tomato seeds are cheap though! I try spraying her with water when she’s close to my garden. Idk if it’s helpful honestly.

Big respect for the treeing walker! I’ve owned several coonhounds over the years. Hounds have more soul imo

5 Likes

Lol but not lol
My Beagle ate a whack of small plants a few yrs back when I left the tent open by mistake.

Id Imagine there are some good folks here who would hook u up w a clone or two depending on location.

4 Likes

Yes. I’m have to keep Savannah out til my grow room is finished.

1 Like

I feel your pain. I have a cat that will destroy any plant she can get to.

If that has established strong roots, you may be able to dig it up, put it under lights and get it to grow back. No guarantees, but nothing to lose now right?

4 Likes

I’m gonna try this. THANK YOU.

4 Likes

I’ve had dogs, cats and a rabbit fuck some shit up at one time or another.

1 Like

I’m just so frustrated. Cannabis has become my life. I hate I didn’t discover her sooner in life. The right strains take my quality of life from a 3 to 8. She is an amazing plant. She gives me my life back. I eat, breathe, sleep growing weed. It’s a passion I havent had since my days dirt kart racing. It feels like weed was the missing puzzle piece my body needed. I’ve had nothing but disaster after disaster growing indoors so far. My first garden spider mites took out 95 plants. Bodhi, Duke Diamond, etc invested in expensive seeds. Devastating to lose them all. Just killed a bunch of seeds. They got too hot. I’m trying directly into soil now. I think I’m more upset over losing my piffcoast Holy Communion seedling. I’ve read so much info on the Piff, Cuban Black Haze. I’ve gotten myself so hyped to go to church, try the piff. I got price on cuban black haze clone. OMG thank God I couldn’t afford her. I’d had a heart attack this morning. I will get that CBH clone at some point. I believe it would help my fatigue/crohns disease so much. As a factory worker. I’m not rolling in money by any means. So this does hurt to throw away cash like this. Im not upset with Savannah. Now I know I can’t let her near my plants. She prefers edibles :rofl: I guess. Gotta laugh so I don’t cry. It’s all part of the journey. Im being humbled as a grower of tomatoes and super hot Chile’s outside for 12 years. im humbled by all my bad luck. Some my own mistakes. Live and learn.

3 Likes

I love this plant too much. My luck has got too change.

2 Likes

Did you try saving it?

it may take-awhile but as long as there is a leaf left and roots undisturbed you may luck out.

3 Likes

If it has a single leaf even a piece of it left sticking out it can be brought back to life. It takes a 24 hr light on for about a week to see the new leaves pop out then your on go back to 18 or whatever. I would treat this as a reveg basically. You will be amazed at the survivability of this plant.

5 Likes

I had my pair of giant Bloodhounds eat a 7’ roughly 2 lb. plant overnight once, that shit didn’t even phase those dogs, lesson learned, that sucks about your plant, but remember… animals love weed just like people do :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That might grow back. Ive had a cat bite the top of a new seedling off right down to the rounded very first leaves. I took a while but a new shoot squeezed out in the end an i managed to save the plants genetics.

3 Likes

I hope I can save it. But its just a mangled stump now. I’m very doubtful it makes it. This sucks. Im new to weed. I wanted a plant I knew was good to have as a baseline to compare the plants I grow from seed to. No worries. Savannah more and better chew toys. Hopefully more desirable than my plants. Which they’ll be in their own room. But im more excited about my doc d genetics than I was growing the Tahoe og clone only

I guess you can say that dog can tree! Did it back in the day. Love those dogs.

1 Like

That’s a heartbreaker man!! Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

It will grow back just wait for the new shoots to pop and off to the races again. Pull some clones at that time and get rid of the stump if its too mangled. The plant can survive a shit ton just dont over water or mess with it too much. Let it do its thing for awhile and you should see new shoots within a week and a half or so.

2 Likes

I’m a newbie. What it is proper etiquette in a situation like this. I know the person I bought it off of is probably super busy. Would it be OK to ask for a replacement? I dont wanna do anything disrespectful.
I’m still trying salvage her. But she still looks rough. But I respect you guys knowledge. So im hopeful I see growth here eventually.

Are you familiar with the term “learn to walk before you run”? Why the heck would you try to grow 95 plants with your first garden? Most people here on Overgrow have never and will never grow 95 plants at one time. And some of us know what we’re doing (not me!).

The person you got the clone from can’t be held responsible for your dog’s actions. I guess if you wanna tell them what happened and hope they have sympathy, and hope that sympathy results in some sort of a discount - go for it. But don’t ask for a free replacement - that would probably be disrespectful.

6 Likes