My first ever outdoor harvest

Agreed! I gave some to a good friend of mine and he text me today “compliments to the chef” haha so not just my own bias I suppose.

4 Likes

I was using pure blend pro bloom formula. Feeding about ever second day but maybe not enough?

1 Like

There you go. What did you grow?

1 Like

This one was a cheese auto flower. I surely understand the name, smells like cheddar.

I have some other photos still growing, sour d, amnesia, og kush and lemon sapphire

4 Likes

I love Sour D. Sounds like you are going to have some nice stash.

I grew some Hawaiian Haze. The buds from the ones that flowered early look similar to yours.

9 Likes

You didn’t screw up at all. You got a harvest. It gets better from there as you learn and improve.

3 Likes

Nice harvest!

Thanks. Taste great too…especially since I grew it…lol

3 Likes

Great job @Rukus!! Man I am only 9 days in on my first grow. If my first harvest gets me baked, damn right I will be proud no matter what the buds look like!!

6 Likes

Look into forward growing. I got introduced to it by a fellow that’s no longer on OG. The idea, from a novice, is to Match the plants nutritional needs as it grows. Dropping the nitrogen levels and upping p n k levels. In my experience, it keeps them denser.

2 Likes

Dont get too discouraged man…a positive harvest especially for your first harvest is good. Just make sure you take notes and any kinds of questions you have remember you have a kick ass community here to help. Just aim to make the next one better!! Good job :grinning:

5 Likes

Yeah dude, the Autoflowers just crap out in the heat. It could just be that the Autoflower/Ruderalis genetics developed in response to cold weather at a higher altitude and they have very little heat tolerance. I’m growing in extreme heat and low humidity. These are the seeds that are very heat tolerant that I have going this Summer: lefthandseeds LowDak, Triple Durban, Mini Haze, Jungle SpiceF2, Greenpoint Seeds Purple Crash, unknown Hawaiian Haze, Vader OG and Indrid Cold from SoCal Seed Vault. There are others that are doing okay, but not outstanding. A lot of Sativa hybrids don’t take the low humidity, Kush and Skunk mostly can’t take it. The old school Purps/GDP, Northern Lights and Sour Diesel will do really well. The bigger the plant is when the heat comes the better. Seedlings of good heat strains will die way before a plant even just 2ft tall,

2 Likes

What seed company’s genetics? I think that plays a big part. My only experience w autos have been w @Mr.Sparkle dark sparks and fast budz zkittlez.

Similar airy buds w the dark sparks, seemed to have sativa effects too. Zkittlez were a lot more dense, and also more indica type effects.

Nothing at all against our own members’ genetic endeavors, but theres something to be said for buying quality, proven genetics.

Great job btw! Super jealous of the kutdoor grow, I’m hoping to check that box next year!

2 Likes

Unknown genetics. Was from a friend, was cheese strain.

1 Like

I had some small autos that were pretty fluffy as well I’m pointing my finger at heat bring there culprit!

2 Likes

Fluffy and ugly but still pretty potent!!

2 Likes

You grew some bud and gained valuable grow experience for your next one…Autos you want to have in full sun from dawn till dusk if possible also make notes of how the sun tracks through the summer

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice. My biggest issue is knowing how much nutes and how often to feed. I mix about 50ml of pure blend pro bloom into approx. 8L of water every day for 3 plants in flower. The instructions are fairly confusing how much to feed.

2 Likes

@Rukus i always give my plants some plain water before i give them a good feed as it helps avoid nute burn to the roots.I have grown strains that took vast amounts of nutes every other day and others that only wanted a light feed once a week.its just a matter of getting to know your strains and what they want.

3 Likes

never fertilize a dry plant or a plant that needs to be watered it only leads to burn, water first

great advice @SmknCanuck

all the best

Dequilo

4 Likes