My first Hydro Setup šŸŒæ

Havenā€™t tried that, As far as scrogging goes Iā€™m sure your aware it requires a lot more vegging

2 Likes

nods, anticipate that, but that doesnt really deter me much. im planning on running my fast bud and autos in one half of the tent, so with my obcession for 24/7 light in veg, it should be a monster growing type situationā€¦hopefully.

Not having much success locating 2" square trellis netting, everyone is like 4" or larger.

1 Like

I forgot you have a big tent :smiley:

2 Likes

I did scrog with my last 3 grows. I have more plants this time around I donā€™t think I will be able to this time. I did do a scrog last time with 30 days of veg.

The time before that I veged for a month and a half.

9 Likes

so do you just keep the branches apart from each other and keep them moving horizontally?

Curious how to get them out of the scrog at the end without damage.

1 Like

@Chronickyle dose scrog with passive. Used pvc to bypass the scrog. Pretty smart. It was a pain to do change outs until I got a pump. :+1:

1 Like

nods, i can see that being an issue.

I may just continue using my standard operating procedures and lst. just as easy and more portable lolā€¦

1 Like

Just pull them out. They will be ok. I used that fencing from job sites. If there really big just clip em out. If you use twine cut the twine and make a new net next time.
I start training early. Spread them out as you go. I did break some branches last time. Sometimes you gotta pinch and twist em to make them flex like you want.

I seen someone on here fill a 5x5 up with one plant. It was so funny seeing a little plant in the middle of a big tent. Joke was on me. He vegged the hell out of her. It was amazing. I will never forget it

2 Likes

nods, ive seen some epic scrogā€™s and i think it would be beneficial to utilize every square inch of the canopy. Considering how freaking high my PG&E bill is, im considering it highly. the ROI seems better.

Only downside is the veg time (again, running autos in the same tent, not a biggie) and then the removal from the netting.

I saw the snow fencing that looked like it would be a good option, as itā€™s more along the 2" mesh size.

Edit : I bet if i take my butt out to the warehouse, we have security fencingā€¦freeeeeeeeeeeeeee scrogggging. LOL

2 Likes

Not being able to move your plants is the biggest thing. You can do a scrog for individual plants to with pvc. @SquirtleSquad. Dose it.

1 Like

nods, which is why im hesitant. with the hempys i dont move them a lot, but sometimes i have to re-arrange the grow. If i did this, would lock in the space for the time of the grow. On the fence really. with the lst i do with the way i grow now, most of the plants get pretty even distribution of light, but it can always be betterā€¦that, and obviously longer veg & more top/fimming means more product.

I think this is going to be one of those i try it as an experiment, and see how i like it.

With the really fast growth in veg with the hempyā€™s, this might be a good combination. or it might suck.

LOLOL

1 Like

I would watch how this current grow goes and strategize with that in mind.

1 Like

At the end of the grow I reach under the screen and cut the main stem of the plant on each plant I then raise the screen up with my attached ratchet straps and then I cut free the rest of the branches.

If you wanted to have mobility while scrogging make individual screen for each pot at whatever size your room is divided by number of plants

Iā€™ve had amazing productions with scrog. My best being 797 in a 4*4 with 525 watts. There was still room for improvement there, and like your self I also ran hempeys, mine are modified but still a hempy.

And yes as your plant grows you just move your branches across the screen or maybe pull them very sideways under to encourage branching. Each hole gets a branch then you keep adjusting them to get your canopy height how you like it. For example if you were running hps lights you might want the sides of the screen higher to maintain the perfect height from the light.

3 Likes

Iā€™m about to embark on a scrog. Donā€™t have any experience, but as I read what youā€™re saying (@Chronickyle), a few details go through my mind. Not only that I do believe scrogging can only be beneficial to increase yield but it just crossed my mind, as Iā€™d also like to try and reveg some and or most of them after harvest. So maybe I would have to keep some small buds on the bottom part of the branches and cut a number of specific branches to be able to reveg a few plants later. I mean cut higher on the branches through the scrog and not the main stem, as long as Iā€™m able to pull the scrog and keep the plant with a few branches and buds. Does that make sense?

2 Likes

I like watching your experimentā€™s. Thanks :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve decided that the first ones Iā€™m going to try in the scrog (at least the back tray) is the God Bud. Itā€™s the perfect, lanky, saliva (lmfao, sativa, had to leave that for laughs) , vine type - I think it would thrive under this scenario.

Now, what to do with the 30 clones I have of it until thereā€™s room :rofl::joy::dizzy_face:

3 Likes

You can always do like @dequilo do. Plant them and keep cutting em back untill you need them.

4 Likes

Certainly makes sense. And easily doable. Youā€™d be surprised how hard you can pull a plant through the screen when you donā€™t want to cut the main stem.

Sorry @LilJonB I didnā€™t mean to hijack your thread.

2 Likes

Lolā€¦ I think I just hijacked @nefrella 's thread lmfao! Its hers! I was answering her questions and @ you in because you do hempys and scrog.

3 Likes

Make a pvc frame and just use string nylon wire. Whatever you have really. Make you grid and go to go. I misjudged the stretching abilities in hydro. I should have trained longer while she was stretching.

4 Likes