Reversing a stunted auto

Hi OGers.
I have a simple question:would reversing a stunted autos(overwatered) give me S1 and Pollen for a F1with “bad genetics” starter traits or affect the future progeny?
The plants have only been overwatered and are Just Little and stunted so I wanted to have more seeds from this lineage to try Better again.
Thank you all

4 Likes

May be a silly question, but why would YOUR induced mistake (overwatering) affect the “genetic traits”? In my opinion, ANY plant could possibly react that same way, although some may have adapted to a more moist environment. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

That was my original thought too
@misterbee

2 Likes

Your plants will recover from over watering in time and be just fine. They look a little pale to me, I would be sure to monitor pH and up the nitrogen a bit if needed, unless they were recently transplanted and just a bit upset from that.

I’m also starting to consider reversing a few autos so I have some seed stock.

2 Likes

Agree with above as far as genetic issues, but I think the best you could hope for from this run will be pollen collection. By the time you turn one and it makes pollen, you’ll be pretty far along into flower.

2 Likes

I Ve reversed an auto already and feel ok to do again,but those are stunted and don’t know if It Is a good idea.Those are in Coco coir and are being Fed everyday with Ro+calmag+cannacocoA/B with pH controlled water

2 Likes

I Ve done It with Pollen collection and successfully getting ripened seeds from autos by chuking It with a brush,so I Hope to succeed again.Just keep the plants alive for some weeks more.My issue was with the impact of stunting on genetics of the lineage

2 Likes

Appreciate all your inputs @Mr.NoBoDy @Tripl3fastaction
:heart:

2 Likes

Today was 1st spray day of Sts solution

2 Likes

Which sts recipe? Keep us updated! Best of luck!

1 Like

The same recipe I used last time, I have a thread where I completed a seedrun already but can’t find It.
I ll keep this One updated and give again my recipe if It doesn’t fail
@Tappy

1 Like

I’m a couple weeks away from making some sts for a seed project. Hoping to learn a bit before then so I don’t bugger it up…lol. will be watching.

1 Like

I spray every 4 days.We ll soon see what happens😉
@Tappy

1 Like

Any negative effects from spraying more often?

1 Like

I never sprayed more often,It really Is not necessary,takes a couple weeks and you LL see balls on the plant

1 Like

Here’s a good one from our very own @Sebring.
I can guarantee that it works. :wink:

3 Likes

What’s ure recipe, is it a one bottle recipe, or were u make 2 patches

2 Likes

I’ve thought about that too. I just looked it up and plants have been shown to have epigenetic traits a bit like humans do. I don’t know how strong a factor they are in cannabis specifically. Epigenetic Regulation in Plants - PMC.

My feeling in your case here is that your plants are just a little stressed, so I wouldn’t expect it to affect their progeny significantly. If it did have an affect, it wouldn’t necessarily be bad - whatever genetic changes there were in the seeds would be an attempt to adapt to the non-ideal conditions.

1 Like

I follow the same steps in the video @blowdout2269 posted

1 Like

Okay , sounds good because I’m doing a little Thread , I made a one bottle mix using Sebrings formula just and going to see if it works…check it out

2 Likes