My first time

This is the morning picture @beacher the pot is a little heavy tho coz I watered it yesterday.

8 Likes

Good it looks much better there, nice a happy!

3 Likes

It’s 57 F (14C) at nights now. I am worried it will not grow further.

3 Likes

it will slow down your roots being cold in soil :frowning:

can you heat?

3 Likes

We have had a camera on our plants and noticed that they droop and “rest” at night. They perk back up before the lights come one it is super interesting to watch them predict when the light is going off and coming back on.

The cold will slow them down, but it won’t kill them, until you get close to freezing. Sometimes you have to take what the weather is throwing at you. It looks much better than your first plant for sure. You are coming along buddy!

7 Likes

Funny thing is, I have germinated 2 more THC seeds today. Didn’t know temperature to be this low till I checked online. Damn

2 Likes

Your plant is looking very good! Plants always droop an hour before lights out, for some reason. Like @Badger said, if you catch it before the sun comes up you’ll see the leaves already pointing up. It’s neat. Getting that cool at night is fine in flowering but it will slow down the vegetate phase. They can survive down to freezing but will not be growing optimally.

Nice job! Sometimes the hardest thing to learn about growing cannabis is that we have to slow our expectations down to the level that the plant will actually take to grow. It’s fun learning as you go. You will love the journey. It’s a wonderful plant in every sense. peace

3 Likes

it takes less energy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The logic behind it, I guess, they need to raise the leaves just to get sunlight for photosynthesis, and as soon as they feel no sunlight, they drop it. It also can be seen with trees, which are planted close to the walls. They stop growing leaves in that particular area where there is no sunlight, and start growing more leaves where the sunlight exists. So the plant literally thinking “why should I grow more leaves in the place where I can’t use them”. Very smart creatures aren’t they?

4 Likes

Day 24. I fed the plant yesterday afternoon.

There is one more thc plant I am growing, it’s just 2 days old. So nothing to show yet.

9 Likes

Looking great!

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s a beauty Nice job.

3 Likes

Rocking man! Looking much better. Look at you grow! :grin:

2 Likes

Today I noticed a little smell on the plant. I can’t describe the smell to you guys. But it smells with something in between of grass and weed. Maybe it just smells like a grass and my subconscious is thinking it smells like a weed. Idk

And I noticed that this plant is twice as big as my previous plant. And I know why this plant took off so well. Probably genetics, and also I was following all the rules regarding the pH. So the plant could take all nutes properly. How I won’t ruin it anyday from now.

4 Likes

As long as you keep doing what you are doing and asking questions when you aren’t sure, you should be fine man.

6 Likes

The smell is becoming stronger.
Is it flowering?

Day 26

We are having some cloudy days now. The leaves are turning light green. Should I increase the dosage of nutes?

4 Likes

Hi @Wakamaka4, she’s really looking good. It’s a very pretty plant. Let me ask a couple of questions since I forget.

You’re in the Northern Hemisphere, right? So, do you know what your hours of daylight are right now where you live? If it’s around 12 or less then it will start to flower soon. I think that may still just be rapid growth. If you see the white “hairs” then that is a female and starting to flower.

Oh, is this a feminized plant or regular? It looks like a female just by the structure but that’s not always right.

If you have been feeding on the light side you might increase the strength a little. Once it starts flowering you want to lessen the nitrogen fertilizers and start the bloom formula. It all depends on how many hours you’re growing in, and if it’s a female, or and auto…which I know less about except that they like less nutes early on.

I’m sure others will chime in as well. It’s beautiful at the moment. Nice work! peace

5 Likes

Hi @GMan thanks for reaching me out.

Yes I am in northern hemisphere. My city is called Sanya. It belongs to China.

We have sunlight from 7 AM till 6 pm. Sometimes we have cloudy days. So that mean we may have less sunlight.

My plant is “Dragon Heart” cbd autoflower regular (not feminized). And I still don’t know the sex yet.

Is it normal to have smell of weed in this early stage of the plant? I thought the plant will spread the smell only on flowering stage.

Edit:
What’s the rule of topping? Do people practice topping on autos? Isn’t it too early (as it didn’t show the sex yet) or to late (if it’s flowering already).

Please advice.

2 Likes

Ok, cool. You gave me all of the info we need.

Actually, I don’t have much history with autos, and they are a little different in their needs. Maybe @ReikoX could stop by and offer his advice. Your sunlight hours would be prime to put photoperiod plants into flower right away. An auto will maybe not start flower for 4-6 weeks?? I’m not exactly sure.

@Mr.Sparkle is also an auto expert. If they don’t swing by, I’ll see what I can dig up on them.

It’s a really pretty plant. It’s nice and healthy now, and as long as you don’t “love it to death” (we all did just about), it’s gonna take off. Don’t over do anything. better to go long and let the plant tell you. If it droops, t needs water. And there are other things the plant will tell you in time to correct it. So, just easy does it and keep it happy with enough moisture but not too wet.

It really is a pretty plant. I’m looking forward to you getting her to flower. It’ll be one of the coolest things you’ve ever done and you will be hooked. lol. peace

5 Likes

God damn it. I can’t believe this shit. It’s flowering in day 26. It will be a low yield shitty weed I am sure.

2 Likes