My first time

I just put my seedlings out last weekend…you are good to grow! And it sounds like you have strains that will thrive in your environment!
Remember not to keep your soil too wet, but just moist or your seedlings will get soggy and flop over and die. This is called “damping off”.
I’m not sure how you get nutrient where you live. But try and get something like this…

You will be able to mix a little with your soil (follow directions) and then just water with rainwater.

3 Likes

As much light as you can get them and don’t water too much!

4 Likes

I got a 20k bag for $8 more than that 2K tub, from my local grow shop. seems to be working well for mine.

3 Likes

Day 2, put it right under the sun, covered it with half cut bottle. I don’t know if that’s the right thing to do. But we will see.

5 Likes

It looks happy, I just leave them in a humidity dome for a couple of days in case there is a big fluctuation in temps and RH, after that they should be strong enough for the environment.

3 Likes

Day 4.
I am pretty happy with what I have, but if I watch YouTube videos, those people have taller plants than mine. Maybe my soil isn’t good enough?

3 Likes

It’s not the soil, it’s the light, you don’t want stretchy plants, yours is good, your light is just right.

Light that is weak or does not have enough blue spectrum in it, will cause the plants to stretch, you don’t want that in veg, because when you flower them they will stretch again, and you will have big plants with wide node spacing.

1 Like

Thanks. I am just growing under the sun. You were right. I was watching indoor grows.

Thanks

1 Like

Second pair of true leaves are growing quite slower than the first pair, I watered the cup yesterday because it was a little dry in the bottom.

I turned the cup upside down, took the whole dirt on my hand and checked, it was dry. We will see what happens.

2 Likes

Then I was right, your light is perfect the best you can get lol.

Dont worry, seedlings are like runaway trains going down hill, they keep growing faster the bigger they get, shes doing well :wink:

2 Likes

It’s becoming tiny windy outside. Is that okay for a such young plant? Or should I cover it with something? Humidity is over 75% outside, and I am little scared to cover it too.

1 Like

So long as its not strong enough to blow the pot over, it should be ok, it makes them create stronger stems and bigger roots.

3 Likes

Damn, had some little rain 20 minutes ago. And I watered her 2 days ago. I was afraid if it will feel overwatered.

Day 7

3 Likes

My first leaves (not true leaves) are turning yellow. Is that a bad sign?

4 Likes

No it’s what they do. They live off those 2 little leaves called cotelydons while they are making roots. You might need a little bit of nutrient for it soon though.

3 Likes

When I went to work, it was raining outside, and when I came back I found out the cup was turned over. The plant was bended, the soil was out of the cup, and I saw white roots. I immediately bought a new soil and bigger pot and transplanted it. I also watered the pot just under the roots. We will see what happens.

3 Likes

When it rains, it pours eh, probably a good time to do it, that pot was looking very small, and it would have needed it done shortly anyway.

2 Likes

I watered the plant with nutes two days ago. I mixed 1 teaspoon of spoon feed nute into a half a gallon water, added 1ml of seaweed liquid.

If I added too much, how fast the leaves will turn yellow?

1 Like

Did it just now.

3 Likes

When a plant is overfeeded it becomes dark green and with burnt tips, yellowing is normally from deficiency. Better don’t feed her too much at this early stage … :sunglasses:

2 Likes