My first time

I am buying a simple soil for a regular plants and will add nutrients later on if there is a need for that.

I have been reading about NPK last three days, and the ratios such as 5:1:1 or something like that doesn’t give me any idea about nutritions.

If anyone could tell what’s the percentage of N and P and K I should put in one 25 liter pot. That would be golden. Thanks.

2 Likes

If you are planning on just adding water you will need more than just NPK ratios

You have about 1 cubic foot of soil which would need these amendments really. They will provide your NPK and minerals.

1 cup Neem or Karanja
1 cup Kelp
1 cup Crab/Crustacean meal
1 cup MBP (Malted Barley Powder)

1/2 cup Gypsum (nice sulfur source)
5 cups Basalt
7 cups Biochar.

If you are just wanting to use a fertilizer from a bag. I use Jobes 3.7.5 organic for tomatoes and veg, also I just started using Gaia Green 2.8.4 power bloom as a supplement to my no till soil. Just follow the containers instructions on amounts for 1 cubic ft.

4 Likes

Unless the innitial requirements have changed, this is a rooftop stealth grow with heavy consequences for getting caught. Some of this advice doesn’t seem to take that into account.

Minimize visits!

I think mixing your own soil for one plant is overkill unless you just want to do the hobby/science. Nutrient rich soil (Roots Organics Classic, Jobes, people even seem to manage in Miracle-Gro) is a workable way to go. A basin with Blumats (sp?) or Water Waiters on the side will simplify things.

PH is more an issue with Coco and Hydro. Soil buffers PH and unless your tap water is crazy you should be fine. Pretty safe and easy to test tap water for that. Pretty easy to fix if it’s off.

1 Like

Thanks.

I have set up everything pretty much, my seeds will be delivered within next 3-4 days. I ordered Kali Mist, because it’s pure sativa and wanted avoid molds by growing pure sativa.

However I really didn’t know how Kali Mist could effect my body and head. It turn out Kali Mist gives a head high (I am not 100% sure what it is, because I have never been head high before), and it’s written it may give some paranoiac and anxiety if you increase the dosage.

And I am not sure if I want to grow such a plant now.
If you know anything more about Kali mist please tell me

2 Likes

It just means it’s less likely to make you tired .I’d say that strain is as good a choice as any.

Good Luck!

1 Like

Hi people, I germinated my seeds for one day in the wet kitchen napkin, I saw the white roots little came off the seeds.

I planted it into my soil, and sprayed the soil with filtered water. I wear a sandwich bag over the pot to create a humidity after I sprayed it. Even tho we have 80% humidity outside.

Question is - how often should I spray them?

3 Likes

I don’t mist seeds. Just get the soil good and wet, and let it go. They should be popping up within a day or two.

2 Likes

Hi people,
So I’ve tried with my 4/8 seeds, and non of them spouted out. The reason is I didn’t know that I need to plant them into the watered soil. I just let them in a dry soil, but sprayed the lightly with water bottle spray. So it didn’t work. I germinated another 1 of my seeds, and today I watered the soil before I put the seed in the soil.

Guys maybe there is any other tricks that I don’t know? Please advice?

3 Likes

Sorry that happened. Yes, you want to water the soil until it’s completely wet then add the seed. Once the seed sprouts it shouldn’t need any water for days. How big is the pot you’re using?

1 Like

Right now, it’s only a small plastic bowl for take out soup. I made holes under it. I germinated one seed, and put a little water on the central part of the bowl and dropped my seed in it. Should I have watered it fully? How often I should water it? I live in tropics, it’s 80% humid here, and I also put a sandwich bag on it. I don’t know what is right here and what is wrong.

1 Like

A good rule is to water until some runs out the bottom of the pot then leave it until it’s almost dry. You probably don’t need the bag if your humidity is high all the time…just keep it out of really hot sun while it’s young.

2 Likes

As bleacher said leave the bag off, in that humidity, might cause you more problems,
if you are in constant 80% humidity.

I normally get my pot of soil or peat puck watered the day I start germinating my seeds, gives the soil time to allow run off, and not be too wet for when the seed goes in. If it’s too wet the seed root can struggle and it increases the chances of damping off, which can be caused by over watering.

Water molecules hold heat, so by watering early, it also allows the medium to warm up and reach the ambient operating temperature and stabilize before the seed goes in.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot.
We gonna have rain after two days.
The temperature will be 24C \ 75F.

Should I cover it with something or let it get a rain water? Sorry if too many questions, but if I fail with all of my seeds, I will loose motivation to grow it

2 Likes

It should still be wet so don’t let the rain get on it if you can.

2 Likes

Hi.
So far I have been successfully germinated seeds, I made tons of mistakes and lost many seeds, even accidentally pulled one plant of the cup while I was inspecting it ( my patience is down).

In YouTube it says that I was supposed to germinate my seeds in early spring. But I started it in June 10th. Summer ends in the end of October. Do you think I still have plenty of time to finish my plant and harvest it? Or am I gonna waste my time and energy?

Thanks

4 Likes

Depends where you live and what strain your growing .

1 Like

AK 47. Can’t say where I am living, but it’s tropical area here. Humidity up to 80% temperature 16-32C.

Rains sometimes, growing outside, will buy green house soon.

2 Likes

I would say then you shouldn’t have any problem .

3 Likes

They’ll finish they just won’t be as big as they would if you started them earlier. I’m glad you got some seeds to go!

4 Likes

Thanks man.
Still it’s in the cup since June 10th, I have watered it twice, because the top of the soil is getting dry. Before I go to sleep, I am putting the cup on my router to keep it warm, don’t know if that is good or not. Keeping it near my window for now. Very little amount of direct sunlight. Please advice if something is wrong.

3 Likes