My grow + intro

Gorilla Bomb, Pitanga & Lane Cove almost finished up in the experimental “cold tent.”

So yeah in conclusion: turns out if you let your plants exist in cold fluctuating temps that frequently get down to just a few degrees above freezing.

They don’t really like that and won’t be very kind to you come harvest. Who knew. :laughing:

You bet I’ll be furthering my research into
Phase 2:
Harvested “cold produce” taste/smell & affect still to be documented…
” it’s science.”

3 Likes

Cold temps indoors just simulates autumn and winter which is when the plants change colors and get those pretty purples, etc… doesn’t do much else production wise

Hi @ManyManySpliffs, You have also done a “cold grow’ experiment?

I’d be interested to hear your findings on how the flavor/ terp profiles & potency were affected.

This had me cracking up on my walk this morning. That’s a chunky girl right there.

2 Likes

:joy: we are good. she held up her end of the deal & hanging right now. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Today, I had to dispose of 6 plants that had been in veg for months.
Reason being… they were absolute shockers.
Never in my life have I deliberately killed some perfectly healthy plants until today. I just could not spare the time and space any longer for such a slow growing, low yielding strain.
Maybe I’ll look back on this some day and think “ I just didn’t know how to grow this certain strain properly.” But at this point… they have wasted enough time and space in my grow already.
Worst part is they were my first experience with this very reputable breeder. I’m putting it down to just being unlucky.

Alas, We must grow on! :v:t2:

5 Likes

It’s tough to let go of plants in which you’ve invested so much time.

1 Like

For sure, even if they were below average I’d still finish them.
These were next level bad. LOL

I wouldn’t say it was an experiment, just observations I’ve made throughout the years growing in GA. The colder autumn/winter temps would bring out the purples if it wasn’t originally purple. As for changes in potency, I couldn’t say if it has an effect on that because I usually chop my plants around the same 60/40 amber/cloudy ratio outdoors. It would take a controlled environment indoors to test something like that, using clones of the same female, then dropping temps on one and not the other then compare the smoke of both chopped at the exact same time. That’s a lot of work to find out something that might not matter much in the end, but I respect your quest for knowledge.

1 Like

Yeah nice man, I had a spare tent & didn’t want to spend any more on the power to control temps. I have the same cuts also flowering in a room with some degree of climate control so I’ll be able to find out very shortly. 🫡

Franco’s Lemon Cheese not too far away.
2 from seed.
One gives :100: lemon. :nose:t2:
The other gives me lemon & burnt rubber.
Still early days but I reckon I’ll be very happy with both.

9 Likes

That lemon aroma must be incredible.

1 Like

Welcome, friend! That’s a hell of a space. :slight_smile: Fairly new here myself.

By the looks of it, I’ll just say this now: thank you in advance for the help. lol :joy:

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Hey @GreenGardenerGuy, yeah I was a little suprised at just how “ lemony fresh “ she is getting.

Ah thanks for the good vibes @navy66! Yeah it keeps me very busy but I got that obsessive passion thing for the Plant. :crazy_face:

1 Like

it shows, man. good lord does it ever. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Harvested cold tent grow. 10.2 weeks.
1st time running the Pitanga, for me, the smell is stunning. next level good. Mangos & Pine. :drooling_face:
Heavy Dayze genetics got those Connoisseur nugs.

7 Likes

Why not both?

4 Likes

Pulled Franco’s Lemon Cheese (pheno #2)
@ 11 weeks.
Good node spacing, good mold resistance. Small pot but still got a nice yield. So far I can’t fault this strain.

6 Likes

It’s only matter of time before my room gets over run with Haze crosses from a man that needs no intro…. Wally Duck

6 Likes