My New Little Tent Grow

Well this is an update of sorts. I already feel my lazy bone acting up. I hate to admit that it seems a little bit like a chore to take photos and upload them. I am striving to overcome this inclination. So… these are the plants from today.

Thus far the most vigorous plants are the Cindy Mix from FDM seeds, followed by some of the Silver Mountain plantlets. The others are trying to catch up. It matters not how they start, it’s more about how they finish.
I plan on switching to 11 ½ hours of light and 12 ½ hours dark on or about Dec 1st. I need to be proactive in height control. I hope to be done by the end of Feb, which gives me less than 90 days of flowering. My primary concern is the Silver Mountain having enough time to ripen nicely.

13 Likes

They’re looking good - thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Looking fine brother! :drooling_face: great color. Happy happy!

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Coming along. Nice and clean.

2 Likes

You have gotten busy. Sorry. If I like you I come to your page every day. I was wanting to see how you were doing. Peace. I do love your music choices. I was surprised to see you played almond brothers another day. You’re a jazzman I do believe in my opinion that was the roots of rock ‘n’ roll anyway.

Is it in full strength mode now? Giving you a prod to make an update! lol

2 Likes

moar hippie speedball.

1 Like

@Hemp @Nagel420 @noknees
Thanks for the nudge to update this thread properly.

I ran into a little hiccup on my way to harvesting some tasty flowers with this grow.

Being reliant on pH drops for the past 25 years or so, I had become quite accustomed to ball-parking the pH of my nutrient solution.

But I noticed that some of the seedlings were not thriving, and I immediately suspected that the Ph was off kilter. Now I am doing this grow in a new location, and even though I tested the water before I started the seeds, after the nutrient is added to the tap water, it is difficult to test the blue tinted water with the color based pH drops. However, I knew that it could not be anything but the water here, so I decided to buy a new inexpensive pH tester( Apera A1209 - $50 Amazon) to be more accurate.

Well, as it turned out, the new meter indicated that the nutrient solution was actually at 5.4 pH, so I subsequently adjusted it back to where I like it, 6.2 to 6.5.

Even though some of the plants were a little slower in growth than I like, they have all now straightened out and are doing well. Most have been up potted to their final containers, leaving three or so which I may, or may not transplant. Room is already an issue. I culled all of the SLH, leaving only the Kali Bubba, Cindy Mix and Silver Mtns for flowering.
Final count breakdown to follow soon.

I will begin the flowering cycle tomorrow, Dec 1st.
Pictures later today or tomorrow at the latest.

16 Likes

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to the pics :peace_symbol:

1 Like

I have been using a nice Chromebook for about a year now. I like it better than my Windows laptop, but uploading pictures is a bit more laborious. I have a camera with which I use a memory card. The Chromebook has no slot for the memory card, so I have to use my older windows laptop to upload the pictures using the card. I miss my iphone, which would automatically upload my pics… much easier.

Anyway, here are some shots from today.

I have decided that I’m not going to top these plants, I will simply bend down whatever females I’m lucky enough to get out of this bunch. The plants are all pretty short, with tight inter nodes.

If I top them, they may become wider than easily manageable in my little tent. I have been running my LED at apx 90% power. I like to give the young plants as much light as they can use right from emerging out of the medium. I start lots of cannabis seedlings under the good ol’ sun, which has no dimmer. So I see no need to dim the light much. One thing that I have noticed in using LEDs compared to HIDs is that the LED plants seem to be more hungry than plants grown under MH or HPS. I feed the little buggers more under LEDs.

Anyway, I will provide a better pictorial and documentation in the next couple of days.

No one should hesitate in prodding me if I am tardy in doing so.

17 Likes

Here is an update of sorts. Things are chugging along, next week I should be able to begin killing any impertinent males. I have 11 plants now, hopefully I will have about 5 girls (or more) to enter the home stretch with.
Started flower cycle on Dec 1st.

This is likely a male Cindy Mix, it’s the largest overall.

Here is one of the Kali Bubbas.

14 Likes

I agree with the led light comment. They take a lot more.

2 Likes

I killed and disposed of 3 unwanted males today. That leaves me with 8 plants, two of which are girls (so far), 1 Silver Mountain and 1 Kali Bubba. The rest will show what they are by early next week.
I like the extra room provided by the departed males.

16 Likes

These are looking good :+1:

1 Like

Well, after 10 days of dark cycle, the fickle finger of fate has pointed at 8 girls in my little tent.

The final roster:

Kali Bubba– 4
Silver Mountain– 3
Cindy Mix– 1

I was counting on 5 or so, now I may very well have a problem with the limited space.
Obviously, more girls than I was hoping for is a nice problem.
We’ll see.

13 Likes

Eight girls are a respectable number.

2 Likes

Gonna be TIGHT.
Looking nice and healthy.
Best of fortunes to you!

1 Like

Agree with you there. They only know what you give them. If they start out with high ppfd levels, there is no possible stress by later increasing it. I would start my seedlings under 1k lamps with no problems at all.

2 Likes

The stretching has begun. At 12 days of dark cycle, and because I decided not to top the little ladies, I am going to have to bend and twist them into pretzels in order to keep them short enough in my 5 foot tent. One of the Kali Bubbas appears to really want to win the stretching race, so this is the first girl I bent over so far. I anticipate needing to bend them all over, every which way, before harvest.

13 Likes

Tie those bitches up brother. They like it! Nice grow man. I remember that SSH/JOG. :fire::scream: Is @Scissor-Hanz still around the neighborhood?

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes