My New Little Tent Grow

Sadly, I have not seen @Scissor-Hanz onboard here for quite a spell.
About 6 months or thereabouts. Fortunately I still have some of his SLHxJOG in reserve.

The Kali Bubba is actually more potent than the Cindy mix, based on my last grow of ‘em.
And the Silver Mountain looks promising.
In my limited space I am just gonna bend and twist them, because I want to keep each plant nice and slim if I can. I don’t want them to spread out too much and crowd each other.

I’m probably gonna have to get rid of two anyway. That will still leave me with 6 girls, and even that will be tight.

4 Likes

Don’t you find that shit hard to do? Gives me anxiety! You haven’t lost your touch ole feller!

Love and Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Looking great!

1 Like

Update today.
Here we are at 16 days of flowering cycle. I had to bend another plant down today.
I have the tallest ones on the periphery of the light/tent. If these do not stretch too much more, I
may be able to leave them be. We’ll see.

Assorted pics from today.

19 Likes

The bottom picture looks alien. Nice pictures

2 Likes

Looking great @Calyxander!

3 Likes

@Calyxander merry Christmas.

2 Likes

Well, a very Merry Christmas back at ya. @Hemp !
Thanks for reminding me to get an update together, it’s been 8 days since my last one.
Maybe later on today, I hope.

I can’t believe that 2022 is coming up fast… yikes!

1 Like

It is crazy.

1 Like

Here are the girls from about an hour ago.

7 remaining, all but one have been bent over in order to keep them far enough away from the light. Only the 1 Cindy Mix has not been bent, and it is in the far left corner because it is too tall to go directly under the light.
Feeding regimen consists of ¼ to ¾ of a teaspoon of Jack’s Citrus FeED with every watering.
After assessing the plants, I determine what I think is appropriate dosage.
I like to push the plants a bit with larger doses of nutes in order to determine the parameters for feeding them. This has resulted in a few with slightly burned tips, which gives me a better framework for tolerance of fertilizer application.
With 7 plants in a 2x4 tent it is a bit cramped, so I think that I will eliminate one more by the time the flowers begin to bulk up. With 6 plants I should be able to maintain the humidity level better.
I have a small dehumidifier running 24 hours a day, and it seems unable to reduce the humidity below 55%… a lot of foliage in a small space.
I keep the temps between 81 to 86 F during the light cycle, for dark period 71 to 75 F.
I have a 4 inch carbon filter and AC Infinity fan venting through the roof of the 5 foot tall tent.
The odor is well controlled so far. I have a 6 inch carbon filter on stand by in the room in case the 4 inch needs assistance as flowering becomes more pungent.

18 Likes

They do look healthy. Very nice. I have several fan and filters. 4,6 and 8. Yes I worry about the smell.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas @Calyxander ! Loving the show. I will be running 2 or 3 2x4s myself here soon and had similar concerns about plant count/humidity. I’m hoping I don’t have to empty a dehumidifier constantly like I did with water culture. AC Infinity has new controllers coming out I will likely get to help mitigate similar problems. Best of luck btw! :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

why not keep all seven and strip out the lowers instead?

looking good, keep the updates coming! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for your input, however I am not generally inclined to do any defoliation.
I like to keep as many leaves green and productive as long as possible. Anyway, this morning, I grudgingly did a little trimming off of the very lowest branches and some fan leaves.
I also decided to get rid of the least vigorous Kali Mist x Bubblegum, so now I have six girls to run ‘till harvest, more room and easier to rotate all the plants a couple of times a day and give them all better light coverage, and I now have room for another fan.
At this point it appears that the Silver Mountains (1st time growing it) will need at least 80 to 85 days to ripen, the Kali Bubba should go 70 to 75 days (2nd time growing it), and the lone Cindy Mix will be about 60 to 65 days (2nd grow)
So they all should be harvested by the third week of Feb.

We’ll see.

Also this is only my 2nd grow using a tent, last spring I grew Kali Bubba and Cindy Mix.

This is Kali Bubba from last spring’s grow.

And this is a Cindy Mix from last spring.

17 Likes

@Calyxander nice story about your life. I was reading on the NJ law topic. Very interesting. I noticed a lot of old heads around. We don’t go far. The new growing is fun . I had my turn in the sun. Always reaching out for the tallest and best buds. I have dug holes and carried dirt. Water and miracle grow. I used 10-10-10 and fish. I’m sure I had lock out. Lost more than anything. Loved it. Like I do now. But with more of a purpose. I hate to say for pain. Because it sounds like we have been beaten. We rule this land. We the stoners. We have the voice to make change. We can say I’m not going to do it today. Because I want to get HIGH. I have enjoyed your music. I’ll be around for another year. I was scared for the longest time. I don’t want the world to know. But I do believe that we all need to be growing something. Can I get a hell yea. Joking. Glad you did a grow. One Love

7 Likes

Hell yeah!

3 Likes

Happy New year. I’m excited for everyone. One Love

2 Likes

That Cindy mix looks awesome bro. C99 is my favourite plant ever :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Well, 32 days since the flip to dark cycle. Time for an update, my last update was 9 days ago…

15 Likes

I grew C-99 a few times, I enjoyed it very much.

This is only my 2nd run of FDM’s Cindy Mix, and I only have one female plant this time, but it looks very different from the 3 girls I harvested last year… I’m looking forward to smoking these current genetics… whatever it may be,

It could be any of these combos;

With the Cinderella mix you’ll get a random selection comprising these and other Cinderella crosses:

• ESB x C99
  • Durban Thai – Highflyer x C99
  • (Durban Thai-Highflyer x C99) x (ESB x Durban)
  • Princess 88 x C99
  • Sweet Tooth #4 x C99
  • (ESB x Durban) x C99
  • (Durban x C99) x Thaitannic
  • (Durban Thai-Highflyer x C99) x Thaitannic
  • C99 x Bubblegum

Now for 25 seeds at only $30 per pack, I feel compelled to recommend this nice mix to any growers on a budget, or not.

6 Likes