My Water Culture

Yeah, rush to the bottom is inevitable, as long as we can keep a craft scene alive through legalization I think we’ll be ok.

I’m still noticing the big plants I have are reacting negatively to pH, but they’re still generally happy. I overdid the acid and the res wants to drop to 5.5 and these plants seem to like it a bit north of 5.8.

The most important thing to me is that with your and @Ginger_Rick’s help specifically (along with everyone here) is that I’m learning to read the plants, feel comfortable going outside “recommended practice” and listening to the plants themselves.

2 Likes

yah we get along great! He understands clean rooms and science, need I say more? I’m super stoked to see things are improving! All you have to do is want to learn and all the secrets of growing shall be yours. OOoof unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control, I didn’t get 4 plants pulled out of hibernation yet.
On the other hand, the king tuts in bloom are doing great! and I will make sure all the supplies are lined up for planting season tomorrow. I’ll take a photo of it all then assemble it with plants and take a photo of me cutting the plants out of hibernation with scissors.

2 Likes

oh crap that reminds me, this may sound bizarre-oh but my little dogs name is puffer. Strange eh?

2 Likes

Life is full of funny co-incidences.

Looking forward to seeing it!

2 Likes

Hah! Take that Overgrow, one more thread caught up on and only… about a zillion to go!

@pufferfishfiend, glad for any help I can give! I’ve sponged up so much around here over the years lurking, it’s nice to think I can finally give something useful back. But don’t let me fool ya, I’m still learning and polishing my craft every single day. Now @JoeCrowe has me lusting after a proper microscope here, but it’s a hell of a thing to know that as soon as I drop some loot on one the first thing I’m going to get is all pissed off at my hash! :laughing: You bastard, you’re going to ruin me! :joy:

3 Likes

Oh and this whole “on ice” thing of yours… kindly elaborate a bit of you wouldn’t mind. I’m thinking that what I see here are some cuts that rooted in a diy aero clone and were allowed to get quite long in the tooth there. So you’re just parking them under minimal light and really light feeds to keep em short while they wait for their place yeah?

I’m giving this a try for the first time after giving the ladies a serious haircut the other night…

My medical application should perhaps be rewritten, the real medical reason I need to grow weed? I have a seriously severe case of Clonophilia, and as a result it causes me extreme psychological distress to compost perfectly rootable cuttings. So I do experiments, try to root pruned bits in different mediums, try to root stupidly small or large cuttings, play around, build my skills. But inevitably I end up with all these rooted clones I’m not supposed to have, so I try to give them away. But will my lame friends take any? Oh no, I couldn’t grow cannabis, it’s too hard. So I have to kill em off, for no good reason. For fucks sake you ungrateful bastards, don’t you know there are desperate stoners in prohibition lands that would crawl over their own mother on fire to get to these hot genetics!?!? If you like cannabis and are Canadian I think you are patrioticaly required to flex your rights and grow your four!

Otherwise we set you adrift on an ice floe while shouting
“You’re not my friend buddy!”
“I’m not you’re buddy, guy!”
“I’m not your guy, friiiiieeeeeeend!”

It’s the law, Ok? Read the fucking Cannabis act you lazy stoners, its definitely in there somewhere, and in the meantime take these clones already! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Here here, testify, I am finding my knee pads right now.
Ive had 2 cuts on bi-weekly nutes and 2-3W of light for over a year, cut down 2-3" every 6 months, size of a tennis ball.

3 Likes

yah I put the clone in a rubbermaid water culture and just give it barely enough light/nutrient to survive. The roots will grow together but I just cut them apart when I do the final planting. It’s my way of having clones ready to go at all times. If you don’t pay attention at all they could dry up or be in complete darkness which is fatal. Doesn’t use much resources except some space.

2 Likes

I’ll probably be doing a variation of this. I’m planning on alternating flower sites, veg in the cabinet while I flower the big room and vice versa. I’ll need to keep my plants fairly small with nice root systems while the big room flowers.

I’m the same way, i constantly clone. I usually give them away to my dad or brother, but I have no issues sending an undeeded cutting to the worm bin.

3 Likes

heh heh I trash clones all the time I take way more than I need, letting them sit around until I use or toss em. Compost is full of “dead bodies”. A side project is if my friends need a clone, there’s always some to toss over. Got a call from some medical patients they are interested in the meat breath. Turns out that shit fucks you up.

there’s puffer sleeping on my bed :slight_smile: she’s some kind of shitzu.

3 Likes

ok boys and girls and others and little dogs too!! She likes to eat the leaves but I couldn’t teach her to grow weed. Ahem! Anyways… I got my checklist:
4x buckets, air Ts, stainless nuts, air pump, hoses. CHECK!

Shitty old ass clones that are all grown together. CHECK! oh…and some scissors :wink:

next, I fill the buckets, turn on the light etc etc, I’m sure nobody wants to see that. I’ll be back with pictures of the plants cut apart and whatnot.

5 Likes

ok here’s the scene of the crime, someone call the fuzz, we got bodies.

big bud clones three of em, so I cut them apart.

toss in one of those king tut plants, I cut that out of the other shittier older clones rubbermaid I had already cut things from long ago.

5 Likes

A Murder Has Occurred, Signs of a Struggle…to get rid of the old clones.

bodies dumped carelessly.

4 Likes

Well, the new batch is ready to go! derrr I’ll go rip off and test the EC I forgot to get a number in there.

EC 1.0…never tested the ph but I’m willing to bet, based on past experience it’s 6.5

4 Likes

ok well I don’t know if I’ve shown off my crazy cloning machine. But here goes:
it’s a rubbermaid with holes in the lid. AMAZEBALLS!!!
heh heh well I drilled 40 or 50 holes I don’t even remember and you can put 4 clones in each hole if you want. I just stuff the thing every once in a while then slowly leech off the clones in there until I dump them in the body bin. If someone wants clones I dump out the water then I bring a spray bottle. Toss that getup in my cars trunk and I’m off. Spray the roots every hour and you’re golden. I put it in a garbage bag as well so the moisture can’t actually escape.

4 Likes

ok I’ve scrubbed some more buckets and lids, tomorrow I’ll set up the air lines. Should have the next batch planted by tomorrow evening I hope. Barring any disasters of course. This will be a fond farewell to my previous rafts of clones and these new plants will be the mothers of the next huge generation. And more strains coming…I sure hope! Nothing is for certain, until it’s complete.
I DO want to help everyone who wants to clean up their grow and produce smokable/vapable product. What I don’t need? Contaminated weed.

1 Like

Power on! I have room for four more now.

They are going to be meat breath plants I will cut them out in a few min and plant em. They grow fast, so I’m looking at a quick turnaround where they go into bloom before the big bud.

3 Likes

Now that’s what I call a jungle in the making. Once these babies regenerate and pump up they’ll be filling the other room with buddage! I find that 4 plants can fill the space nicely under 1000watts hps in bloom.

I know I did it all on sketchy clones that are not the same size. Usually I have loads of clones and I can select ones that are similar. Since it’s the “end of an era” down there with everything going in the garbage, I just used the “best I had left”.

5 Likes

yay, more growth!

sorry bout that spot in the image, it’s a ghost, for sure. King tutters are going nutters.
Veg plants are regenerating, I can see new root growth already. When they form an entire new leaf, then we’ll be getting somewhere.

3 Likes