Mystery Freakers Grow 2024

48 north you say? Hmm, that’s gotta be kazakhstan or china :thinking:

3 Likes

Very close! But not quite! :wink:

4 Likes

Mongolia maybe?

4 Likes

Ding ding!!!

@allotment I will make sure you get a package of the offspring (provided a successful pollination) for guessing correctly. :wink: :v:

13 Likes

@allotment . You lucky bastard ! 🥸

3 Likes

Nice, sounds awesome!

Yeah fantastic, I should be able to grow them outside :smiley: :partying_face:

3 Likes

Magu, depending on how things go, some of these may make their way over to the coop for distribution. :wink:

Heck yeah! I’m still trying to finagle a way to grow some outside this year as well. In addition, I think I am going to try an throw a couple of other females in the grow for some outdoor varieties. :wink:

7 Likes

Nothing wrong with a bit of variety. :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Sounds like a great landrace. :green_heart:

5 Likes

Spoken like a true Indica fan😁
Coming from the region around Almaty, this could be the strain that gave rise to the Hindu Kush population eventually. For a while it was believed cannabis made it’s start in this region. New pollen evidence has moved the location to Qinghai Lake, but I would not be surprised at all if that changes at some point soon as well. No doubt we are in the ballpark region where cannabis first arose

These are from a “private collector”. I’m really stoked to see some green! They are looking really good @PlantShepherd. I could have sworn I set this thread to “watch”, but I’ll do it now.

5 Likes

Hey Upstate! That’s super cool about the Hindu Kush. I still have like five seeds from a Baharak x Andarab Hindu Kush I made. I need to take some new pictures of the Mongollian. I checked last night, and I have five females and four males. :+1:

8 Likes

Perfect split (m/f). :ok_hand: looking forward to fresh pictures

Its just my theory. Genetics may have gone in the opposite direction too. They are certainly related closely. Strong head high followed by a body high. Thats Kush to a " T".

4 Likes

Anyone else keep hearing " stupid Mongorian! You tow down my shity wall"!:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

7 Likes

I’m seeing it in cartoon as I read it. :rofl::rofl:

@PlantShepherd can’t wait to see the progress

3 Likes

Ha ha ha……KEWL…….:rofl: :rainbow:

1 Like

Hey all, I’m sorry for the long over due update. The Mongolians were put into flower on July 5th, although I had a couple timer issues the first week. I did get the females transplanted, but I did not get them sprayed for thrips. The males are flowering a little faster than the females. I’ll collect pollen and dust accordingly if they are not ready the same time as the females. So far, they have a really strong structure and seem like any normal poly hybrid. :v:

mong1

20 Likes

Very cool! They definitely look typical, but certainly are not. Can’t wait to see some buds. Any stem rub smells yet?

4 Likes

Hey Upstate! The females are really taking their time to cue up for flowering. Pretty sure I’m going to have to collect pollen and dust when the females catch up. I’m terrible at smells, but I rubbed a stem last night, and they definitely have a sweet smell that seems old school kinda familiar. I really like how they are stacking up. So far, they look like they will have some real potential for full season. :v:

6 Likes

I’m surprised how big they are. Nice branching when topped. Anything untopped?

Old school is good😁

2 Likes

They are pretty stout imo. Branches are sturdy and even. They aren’t finicky at all - really easy to grow. The only thing untopped are the males, but they are also in much smaller pots.

I also have a couple of Project 25 S1’s originally from Copa Genetics stock, Project 25 x Peanut butter breath (Thug Pug), and an Ice cream cake x animal mints cross that will get pollinated in hopes for some full season genetics. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes