Mystery plants

I have some plants in flower of unknown origin. I would like to ask you guys for thoughts regarding what they may be. From seedlings these plants looked nearly identical. There are some differences in main branch growth but otherwise these plants seem the same.

Started 15 seeds, 11 popped. 2 males and 3 weaklings culled left 6.

Almost assuredly, these were given to me years ago and I promptly forgot to tag them. I had a long layoff from growing but getting back on the horse.

I have my suspicions about what they are but being out of the game for a while leaves me less confident about strains - bloodlines if you will.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. If this type of post is unwanted or in the wrong place I apologize.

Kev

10 Likes

What fo they smell like. Folks gunna want more info…

Im interested in hearing others opinions.

Im sittin back with my popvorn. I have no clue…

4 Likes

Tuff to guess but there looking good . Did you keep clones if you find something special?

3 Likes

Looks like my favorite variety, cannabis. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

@ReikoX absolutely!! It’s the damnedest thing that’s my favorite variety too

3 Likes

13 Likes

yeah i can’t tell by looking at these but it’s like @ShiskaberrySavior said man they look good. Im just gonna wait for the experts to chime in

4 Likes

It’d probably be easier to tell (“easier” being relative) if you pulled the camera out a bit and took some full-plant shots. But even then, I doubt you’d get a definitive answer. Everything’s a hybrid of a hybrid of a hybrid… But maybe not. Maybe you got some sweet-ass seeds of some undiluted genetics. Let’s see those plants!

5 Likes

Thanks for the input. I probably should have been clearer. With these being “found” seeds, I wanted to do this grow simply. They’ve been no-till with water and compost tea.

I also have done very little pruning on them. I let them get too tall before I lollipopped them. It feels weird to grow as it’s been a while and growing has advanced so much.

In terms of smell, they’re not overly fragrant. So far, mostly pine-y and floral. I’m hoping they develop more. The big leaves are all beautiful sativa looking - long thin fingers (7).

More or less I was looking to see if anyone thinks they look like something they’ve grown. I’m amazed at the OG community and the collective knowledge is fantastic. Thanks for the help. I’ll try to get some more shots.

Kev

7 Likes

What you have there is some weed man.

Jk tough for most to even guess

4 Likes

Whatever they are, they look great!!

2 Likes

Well I’m far from an expert, probably closer to a noob than an expert but I’ll take a guess for the heck of it.
My guess is G13/Haze or NL/Haze, they just have that old school look to them.

So since you’ve said you had a possible idea of what they could, what is it? What’s the strain you think it may be?

It’s a marijuana plant congrats!

At this point, you couldnt put a name to it if you wanted with out some sort of genetic test and even then…

Just love it, grow it, smoke it, and next time grow something with a label haha :laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

“Looks like pot. Smells like pot…tastes like pot…must be pot let’s smoke it”

Here’s some 40 year old bag seed I just finished from @Pawsfodocaws. Drying out for a first smoke now.

13 Likes

lots of pistils on an old OG hybrid. or NLx.

Not Big Bud or Dr. Grinspoon.

:joy:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

With all of the hybridization in this day and age it would be darn near impossible to tell…Even to “ballpark”

Perhaps come close based on taste, effect,
Structure, and bud development, but you’d need to do genetic testing to provide an accurate assessment.

That said…take a cut or save some beans. If you like it, you have backup. :slight_smile:
Cheers

4 Likes

@Kingmambo its Kingmambo Suprise definitely has a sativa influence to it. I would venture to guess you have 10+ weeks flowering time.How long have they been flowering?

2 Likes

They have been flowering for just under four weeks. My guess is another 4-5 weeks but we shall see. They have taken off in the last 7-10 days.

I was working on them this morning when I got a whiff of unexpected odor. Some of the bigger flowers have a banana smell.

5 Likes