Ancestral Skunk 1 seeds from Reiko

I have 100 of these from breeders retail that reiko was kind enough to send me

ive been reading up on them his thread on IC its great and informative

I hope to find some sweetness and maybe find a skunk something or two

it seems they will be all over the board given the size of the last selection

I will also show how I germinate old seeds

15 Likes

This is a wonderful spot for a good view.

Lots of pretty pics please. :camera: :camera_with_flash:

6 Likes

That is so very cool! @ReikoX :thumbsup:

Can’t wait for your updates :eye: :eye:

2 Likes

color me interested :eye: :eyeglasses:

2 Likes

Haha that thread on IC turned into a shit storm and was closed befor I finished. Hope you find something to make it worth your effort. :thumbsup: :seedling:

7 Likes

Can we skip the trailers and get straight to the last 2 week’s of the movie? :popcorn:

5 Likes

Why yes we can :grin: here are mine at seven weeks.

20 Likes

Yeah dude feel free to post up however much you want of those

It’ll be a sec till my end of the show gets started and I’m sure everyone would love to see as many pics as possible with aromas and what not

2 Likes

@ReikoX

I got your seeds bro. Package has been received by my recipient in another province and it’s on its way to me.

WOOHOO!

Took forever tho. When sending seeds to Costa don’t panic, they will eventually make it.

Thanks brother!

4 Likes

I was just thinking about that package. :thumbsup: :seedling:

2 Likes

I had to resign thinking about it man. And then BOOM!

2 Likes

I need to come visit you. I am so tired of cold and snow :fearful:

3 Likes

Here’s my 50 from @ReikoX

Very hard seed shells, split them all open with twizzers after 24hr soak and two days under paper towel, 10 days or so later and here we are. Truly the slowest seeds I’ve ever germinated but I know that has 0 to do with genetic quality.

5 Likes

well I was told to expect a low germ rate, I am elated to announce that I was able to plant 34/50 swollen embryos, the next big step is how many will have the tail/root develop. As you can see about a dozen had the root growing, so Im glad I beat the 10% expectation.

5 Likes

Nice work, these seeds are old and slow to take off, but once they do they still have a bit of vigor to them. :thumbsup: :seedling:

5 Likes

@MadScientist are u squiggly?
used to be a cat I knew around with the same prof pic on the farm

@dgtxxx damn nicely done man!

I wonder how they will do then with agar and also the organic route then

Nice thumbing!

@ReikoX is such a generous fellow :fist:

1 Like

@lostchromesome, not sure if you saw this thread or not. :grin:

Im just glad to see these growing. :thumbsup: :seedling:

@ReikoX so these smell like a ran-over dead skunk after rotting a few days in the sun on the hot asphalt or ??

2 Likes

Only 2 have broken the surface, the soil is slightly heated with a seedling heat mat. I have the tray covered…fingers crossed for more

2 Likes

@v1ru5, RKS can be found in these seeds, but is rare. These were an open field pollination from the early 90s. Off types were culled, but the genetic diversity is there. The ancestors of Cheese, Cali-O, Skunk, RKS, etc… The three I grew were pretty uniform, more sweet than skunk spray. Classic 90s bud smell and high.

@dgtxxx, hoping more come up. These seeds are almost 20 years old, don’t give up hope yet.

3 Likes