Mystery Seeds Give Away Thread

Got it.
When gifting seeds, it’s considered good form to be very clear about hermaphrodite seeds.
The offspring are way more likely to herm, and accidentally pollinate an entire grow, just like they did yours.
Many folks won’t accept hermie seeds if they know that’s where they came from.
Love your generosity though, brother

2 Likes

I’ll go one further and say hermie seeds should be destroyed to not further pollute the gene pool.

5 Likes

@beneficial see what I mean?
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Herm plants are a huge risk to bring into a garden that a cultivator is running for sinsemilla.

I’ll just delete my post since people are getting upset

1 Like

Nobody is upset brother, just informing you of something you weren’t aware of.
It’s never comfortable to make a mistake, but you can’t be blamed for not knowing.
Your heart is in the right place, and your generosity is admirable!
I know we appreciate the effort, and I definitely can say EVERYBODY will appreciate your integrity because now that you know, you’re keeping everyone’s garden safe.

4 Likes

Wasn’t Romulan the result of a herm?

1 Like

Lots of stories of elite strains involve a herm seed.
What they don’t often include is how much work is (or isn’t) done to stabilize the line.
The point isn’t whether it can be done, it’s that it shouldn’t knowingly be done unless there are no other options (i.e. “I found this one seed in a bag of the best stuff I ever smoked”).

5 Likes

Let’s keep it on topic, anyone have any random unknown seeds to give away, go nuts! :+1:

2 Likes

Those links don’t work for me. I believe they just go to order history. Do you have direct links? :pray:

1 Like

2009-2014 random bag seeds from Kentucky. I got a couple hundred. Speak up, I’ll send ya a few till I’m down to 50 or so.

7 Likes

@joheimgrohen I’m open to some random bag seeds!

1 Like

Don’t you dare touch my GG4!

But yeah, definitely at least inform people if you’re trying to give away hermie seeds. Some people don’t mind them as much, some would rather see them all burn.

6 Likes

A lot of the famous strains are likely the result of accidental herm, including the chems…still don’t want them in my garden or part of a breeding program. Don’t feel bad at all @beneficial we all are learning here non stop!

2 Likes

Sure man, here are a couple.

5 Likes

I would be interested in some random bag seeds @joheimgrohen

3 Likes

I gotta get more cards! I love it! Hopefully I can get some tomorrow hit me in the DMs

2 Likes

@joheimgrohen Thank you received my package today

4 Likes

I don’t know if if makes much of a difference but the ones sub labeled “The Rod Squad” came from one specific guy in Kentucky. He was not the grower, just a hook up, so they’re still within the realm of Kentucky Mysteries. Glad they made it!

5 Likes

Thanks!!! @joheimgrohen

2 Likes

Mine arrived too, thank you very much @joheimgrohen :+1:

2 Likes