MysteryMoogs new grow thread

I sure hope not @monkeyman…haha. I am cherishing these seeds, it’s something I that I just never had the fortunes to have. And for that, I am forever grateful to you and @Blowingupjake.

2 Likes

Just a shot on how I am covering the top of the soil now, and placing the 2 gallon pots inside of 5 gallon liners so I can bottom feed them.

2 Likes

A bit of nute burn on the tips, but coming along nicely.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Looking great @MysteryMoog…I always give my plants a drink of plain ph neutral water to moisten the roots then feed,great way to avoid nute burn.

Like your technique and stoner innovation to use whats available to you to bottom feed your plants.

1 Like

@SmknCanuck
I like that idea of a bit water first, the feed :+1:

1 Like

@SmknCanuck I started covering the soil and it sure seems to help with everything from keeping knats and bugs in check, to keeping the root temp. Down. I see no downside.

1 Like

Works great bro,never had nute burn that way.it moistens the roots and lets it take up water then the nutes,instead of hitting the roots dry.learned that from 2 ole hippies that taught me to grow 30 years ago

1 Like

Tinfoil is awesome.shiney side up It reflects the light up to lower nodes too.i use tinfoil over my 16oz cups i use for rooting cuttings

With the soil covered all the time make a few small breathing holes to let a little air flow through to prevent a to moist area that can invite mold and stem rot.

3 Likes

I got the clone king aero cloner years ago, and never looked back :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I got the clone king aero cloner years ago, and never looked back :rofl::joy:
Nice system

I made my ghetto cutting chamber in an old wall unit.lined it in 4mil poly,made a ghetto heat pad from an old desk top lamp.put a led flood bulb in it,mounted the bulb head inside a tupperware container.put a black catch tray on top of it,with a 1/2 inch of water in the black tray.the water temp is 82f the cups sit in,the air temp in the dome is 77f with 75% humidity.the leaves do not transpire so rooting happens quicker.those were cuttings taken 24hrs ago.

3 Likes

another bonus is that in addition to reflecting light back on to your plants, the shiny side of the foil will deter some light-sensitive pests from your plants, but as @SmknCanuck suggested a few holes to allow the soil to transpire will help prevent mold or rot

2 Likes

I am hoping since I water with bubble water they should be super oxygenated to start with👍

1 Like

@Mikebig420 this is my thread. I’ll post some dirt cooking pics if you like :+1:

One fresh air intake filter :+1:

4 Likes

nice job - love the DIY

1 Like

Thank you. When it’s all said and done, should look just like fresh air intake for any ole HVAC. :+1:

And back to the kitchen…lol

5 Likes

4 Likes

Take me all day to wash dishes with that view.Very nice MM

2 Likes