Nagel420 - Third Times A Charm!

Blackberry Auto coloring up

Black Cream coming along nicely :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Gorgeous colors!

I got a new toy today!!

$23 on Amazon… And they will send me a $15 amazon credit for leaving an honest review. $8 for a wifi microscope? HELL YEAH!

All of the above are unknown autos sent from PSB. Kinda wish I knew what they were as they don’t look too bad…

Below is a mix of Black Cream and Blackberry buds from seedsman. The black cream is gonna be my favorite color so far, I just love how dark she’s getting…

The top half of the pics were predicted to be pulled in another 3 weeks. Then I discovered most were mystery buds. Not sure any of them will go that long, seeing lots of cloudy trichs, and one or two amber trichs now. Dont wannt pull too early though…

The Purples are predicted to be pulled at the end of August, and I would trust that estimate a bit more.

Gotta say. Even if I didn’t get a $15 credit making this microscope cost $8, it would be worth it at $23. Being able to see the trichs so much more clearly is REALLY nice. I have so many other snaps from the microscope but I can’t post em all. LOL

11 Likes

Good luck, I have yet to actually get the credit for my honest reviews in the past:) I hope they come thru for you.

2 Likes

Since the unknown autos should be coming down in the next week or two, I started soaking some beans in prep for round 3.2 LOL …

3 Black Cream auto fems (plan is to make one a male / make seeds :slight_smile: )
2 Purple Malawi from @HaRdRoC 's server fundraiser
2 Blue Cookies from @HaRdRoC 's server fundraiser
2 Strawberry Gum (Fem) from @HaRdRoC 's server fundraiser

Gonna be interesting… The PM and BC are both regulars, so chances for me to start gathering pollen are there :smiley: LOL who would have thought one day I would be looking for a male, not killing em on sight! Also started gathering parts to make my auto cloner as well. My little GDP seedling is putting on some growth, can’t wait to take cuttings off of her! Sadly, the purple kush and gold leaf seeds only cracked during the soak, but never produced tails or grew when planted as a last resort. Oh well, I have more… the GDP was the important one to me :smiley:

Pics to come this evening. Doing a little re-do of my seedling rack / soon to be cloning area as well… Psyched with how clean this little grow area is looking. Plus I’ve been trying a new idea for watering and it seems to work well so far, probably a great idea for newbies who overwater. More later in the pics to follow…

5 Likes

Well, I submitted my review (an honest one, I really do like the little scope, and for the money its worth it). Sent off my screenshot, and we’ll see what happens…

I will update on that if it happens LOL… fingers crossed…

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see that Purple Malawi.
That Strawberry Gum is supposed to be a really fast finisher, 7-8 weeks I believe

2 Likes

Me as well! REALLY curious. If I really like it I may try playing with crosses should I get any males. Really interested in the whole crossing with autos bit, considering the short grow time of an auto, I realize it would be 3 generations to stabilize the auto portion again, but man, stackin’ the purples. :slight_smile: I feel like a mad scientist again! mwuhahahaha! Also have a feminized GDP going, so in a wierd way, I kinda want a male from the Malawi to gather some pollen from.

4 Likes

Love using contact lense cases to soak beans. Why didn’t I ever think of this before. I saw it here so I’m not sure who to thank

My little cloning station is coming along slowly

My “multiplication rack”… seeds/seedlings up top, clones down bottom.

Just a few more days for these ladies.

Loving the colors here!!!

13 Likes

Almost forgot to mention. In some of the pictures you may be seeing or what looks like that 2 l soda bottle inverted in the planter.

We have these glass teardrop shaped globes for watering the house plants that work awesome. We filled up the globe sticking in the soil and walk away for a week. Only problem is there about the size of a baseball.

Well I created a 3-D printed adapter that puts a similar nozzle on a 2 l bottle. I initially wondered if it wouldn’t work because the 2 liter bottle isn’t rigid like the glass globe, but after trying it for a week now it still manages to empty the full 2 liters and it doesn’t overwater. Other than during the seedling stage I think I’m going to try this on my next run from start to finish

6 Likes

Nice grow! I think your experience with Pacific Seed Bank is not uncommon. They just sell whatever as whatever. In general, those seeds banks with the nice websites that aren’t providing any breeder information are pretty sketchy. I think they just buy bulk seeds from somewhere and just call them whatever they feel. Most of the more reliable banks promote the names of the breeders, because that’s also a selling point for a lot of growers.

Looks like you’re on the right track now with a new grip of good looking seeds. Loving the colors that you’ve got filling in!

6 Likes

Sadly those companies are cashing in on People who want to get into or back into growing but don’t want to buy 10 packs of seeds. I wanted 3 seeds that I could clone… So from a financial standpoint it made sense to get more variety for less money. They’re really good with the flashy advertising… I also ordered from seedsman, And I understand that they’re gonna take a while to get over the pond but they also grossly overcharged me at 1st On my credit card. I ordered from them again but I sent a payment through Zelle the 2nd time, and that fixed any overcharge issues. The black creams come from them and they generally have a decent reputation. I am however really looking forward to the beans I won from the server raffle.

If for as long as I have been growing it was always bag seed. I figured this go around I wanted some real genetics So I purchased some from them. Live and you learn but at least I share my experience so others don’t get burned

7 Likes

Good to get the word out on these shady places! I think one I tried a while ago had a similar website to Pacific. I think it was called “Grower’s Choice”, but I didn’t have any confidence in the seeds so I didn’t end up growing them. :sweat_smile:

Seedsman is ok in my experience, but it doesn’t surprise me that you had a little trouble either. They are reputable at least, and at least they sell what they advertise. It’s definitely a lot easier to get seeds in the US from one of the US banks, and the server raffles are great!

2 Likes

Live and ya learn. I’ve since learned about so many smaller local seedbanks, its been eye opening. And the generousity here is amazing, one of these nights I’ll do well at trivia LOL… Though I do have some Suga Suga coming from @anon93244739 for trivia. Thanks for splitting that pack man, can’t wait to get that one!

On another note. Checked out my contact lens cases today, and I have a few little ones starting to split their shells. Looks like they will be off to their paper towels tonight / tomorrow morning.

Also got my cloner buttoned up. I should do a post just detailing it when I take some pics. Of course, can’t leave it empty, so I took 3 quick cuttings off a fem Pineapple Express II, and 3 from a fem Alaskan Purple that came from seedsman. Been a while since I made clones, just doing what I remember. LOL (funny thing is I’m learning I forgot a lot of stuff because I’m re-learning it all). Only so much room for knowledge in the grey matter I suppose!

7 Likes

So I got the little cloner together and running today.

Of course, I gotta test it, so a few quick snips off of a Pineapple Express II, and a few off of an Alaskan Purple. Lets see how these roots look in 2 weeks :slight_smile:

The 3 little ladys are growing quickly:
Grandaddy Purple from ILGM

Purple Haze from ILGM

White Widow from Seedsman

And the Black Cream auto from seedsman is looking sweeter and sweeter every day!

Finally, I’ll be moving most of the beans I started soaking yesterday into moist paper towels tonight. After a quick look at them, it looks like they are all cracked and just waiting to toss out a tail!

12 Likes

Well, I’ve had some issues with the paper towel method on these seeds it seems. 14/15 last time, and I’ve had only 2/10 throw tails despite 8/10 “splitting” after the soak (16 hrs).

And I know there’s more than one way to skin a cat, so after seeing @JohnnyPotseed 's method, I decided to try it myself.

So far one of the Purple Malawi that had just cracked then stalled, seems to be putting forth a little effort in growing a tail. The other few might just be duds, they were soaked, then put in moist paper towels. Gonna put some fresh seeds in to soak this weekend, we’ll see on round 2.

Next up is these three ladies. The first I goofed and fed twice in a row, she’s got a little nute burn. The 2nd and 3rd I’m debating pulling soon. Mostly cloudy trichs, almost all brown hairs, but very little amber yet.

And finally… My purple girls. Oh how I hope they taste as delicious as they look. Black Cream in the 1st pic, Blackberry in the 2nd. They should still have at least a month to go, and they are just getting fatter and fatter. Hard to believe they are merely 52 days young!

16 Likes

I just dropped another batch of seeds first of the week, and they’re all in cups already! Lost one bean out of the bunch…

5 Likes

Hey @JohnnyPotseed How come more people don’t use your method? Seriously, we’ve been doing it the hardway.

The blue cookies 1 sprouted and is growing, 1 after soak / paper towels, is here. Same for the Purple Malawi thats a single seed, was soaked / towels. The BC Pinewarp, Strawberry Gum, Lucky Charms, Tropical Poison, Spirit Train and UF Skunk were all dropped straight in the tray about 36 hours or so ago, no pre-soak…

Only the strawberry gum hasn’t poked thru, the spirit train is 1 of 2. You can clearly see the results above.

Tip for Newbies AND Old Hands… When an old-timer shows you a tip or trick, pay attention! There’s a reason they’ve been doing it “this way for XX years”. I’ve sprouted my share of seeds in the last twenty plus years, but even this old dog learned a new trick :slight_smile:

So, Grease has the Pink Ladies… I have the Purple Ladies… :smiley: I swear they are even more purple in person, this phone and the LEDs dont make a good combo. That back right black cream is just gorgeous looking, and the back left Blackberry has light purple hues.

Black Cream nug:

Blackberry Nug:

According to the breeder estimates they should have another month to go :slight_smile:

And then these arrived today

Which means that my Devil’s Cream project is a GO! i dropped 4 Black Cream and 2 Dark Devil in my JPS-2000 Seed Starting Tray and can’t wait for them to throw some tails! The NL and Lemon autos were freebies, and I look forward to popping them soon enough… Oh and I definitely wanna chuck some pollen :smiley: So there’s gonna have to be some sex changes around here! LOL

Parting shot: Not a bad trunk for an auto :smiley:

14 Likes

nice journal read it all and look forward to more lol. wanna give me the low down on mr johnnys method of germing ? i see his results and might try myself !

2 Likes

Looking good there cuz
Grow On!

1 Like