Name Brand Seeds (v.s.) OG Seeds

LOL, while I appreciate good genetics I find seeds prices can become a big joke. I would not mind paying a premium for good genetics but IMO, no genetics are worth some of the ridiculous prices some breeders charge. It’s just plain robbery in my mind. I loose a ton of respect for breeders that gouge the public. So many act like the strain they got going is the be all best all of weed. I have smoked tons of strains that were pure fire, there is just so much hype that goes into some it’s sickening and people just fall for it. People going to spend their money any way they want, which is totally cool if it makes them happy, but I will not pay sky high prices for seeds. Paying $60 or $70 dollars for good seeds is fine. Going up to a couple hundred bucks for something well worked and bred is fine. Charging thousands of dollars for a pack of seeds is insanity to me.

13 Likes

only people who should be paying $500 for a seed are people looking to profit from it. its a branding thing so naturally those who are going to benefit are ones using that branding. speaking about cookies or whatever not just people auctioning off rare genetics. id imagine the only people finding the expensive cookies seeds drops beneficial are those growing commercial in dark states so they can jack up price based on hype and lack of access.
best seeds i ever ran were from a local seed company that was all probably done in a dungy basement in ontario.
this is compared to a lot big names back then like DNA, greenhouse, barneys, sensi, th, serious, xxx, etc.
user error could have been involved as i never ran much inside side by side.
a lot of huge strains came from the forums in the past, why not now/again?
assuming that “professionals” know what they are doing is not really a thing with cannabis (yet) in my experience.
visit a big legal grow and you will see some user error, besides a few.

3 Likes

if you want a laugh look at the old MMPR medical system in canada. they dont hand out licenses based on merit.
harper made the price of black market bud explode with his tactics, and the gov gave patients toxic garbage for years.
ive been here a short while but i would rather smoke most of your buds than the shit the “pros” grow here. :peace_symbol:

1 Like

I have absolute Fire from OG and Breeders packs depends on where you look I miss the old medical strains and gobble them up as I find them I have Jacalyn and UBC chemo now from some nice people on here that we’re cool as hell. @Baudelaire Runs Fluer De Mal seeds absolute quality and the best Bubblegum I know of. I’m in absolute love with @Tonygreen Gorilla Glue He has some wonderful things cooking up in that grow shed of his.Some OGers on here have it going on as well. @JohnnyPotseed has some killer genetics as well.There are so many good options around here just gotta keep looking till you find that one glove that fits .Me hell I’m still going through 1990s Mexican bagseed trying to find that one girl I’ve been missing for 22 years.

11 Likes

Grew old mexi brick weed long time ago on a few occasions had found somenice plants hope you find what you are looking for! @CapnCannabis

5 Likes

Mexican brick was like 80% of everyone’ on here’s beginnings don’t let them fool you lol.Mexican brick weed made the best growing training wheels

9 Likes

real “culture” is a factor. not the thing hipster budtenders talk about like real culture. look at where these big strains came from (bc, seattle, portland, bay area, colorado, florida), they were local counter-cultural (real weed culture) movements. you all here are the last stand for that, modern technology as such you are not at the disadvantage the smaller grower/breeder was before. your strains just dont end up in stores getting thc-tested and branded, how do you know they are not as good.

4 Likes

Lol some of the best weed I ever had never even had a name I can’t begin to believe to imagine all the good Cali Cultivars that families lost to the raids over the years .Will never know what it was can guess and dream I never seem to find it I only get Facets of it at times . everything back then was either Commercial ,Mexican brick or Kind bud that was the name for any green seedless bud that if you were lucky you found a bagseed of that shit and grew it like your life depended on it.

6 Likes

take a drive through felton and youll smell some exclusive stuff still, they tried but they couldnt kill all the family farms

4 Likes

If only they had the old Dog bud miss that stuff

2 Likes

big sur area ive smelled some kind of rosemary terps that had a narcotic effect without even smoking it. eyes red and low just looking at it :joy:

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with OG made beans. I personally go with CSI Humboldt as I only grow Fems these days. Also, Caleb hooks you up big time if you order direct from him. So your $100 pack turns into a much less expensive pack with all the full pack freebies he sends.

7 Likes

I know that the sentence is voluntary strong to be clear, no problemo dude. And it’s a good opportunity for me to inject a nuance.

I was initially reacting to the hawkman’s comment on a 250$ price tag. That’s high but not a ridiculous amount considering the price of bad products that are flooding the market. I just get out from a 90% herm pack sold 95€ and from a renowned brand with cups, not a random chunker. Phenos still there, but devastated by a bad management of P1 on this line.

Even in getting a new free chance as an included service, it will not change the vision i have on this product. It costed time, and the experience is not at the level of what I’m expecting for this price. 90% herm on a 10$ pack just tryed for the fun … why not. Sometimes you find diamonds in the ass of the goat too.

So for me these herms are more expensive than a 250$ of garanteed, long term result.

In the first case, the 95$ will need to be screened for herms maybe three generations before having the opportunity to operate a selection. Without the guarantee that the remaining phenos are in my spectrum of search btw. Figure out the case where ony the herms are carrying the best weed in this line and locked like this … rolling dices.

In the second case, for 250$ i can directly operate a selection with the documentation of the brand and to be sure that the quality standard is enough high to count on a herm’s screening already done, and stabilized on an expression i’m searching.

Me too i don’t understand people throwing money to buy paper to roll ^^ But i don’t find it stupid, it’s their need.

By extension, we have all personnal “higher price” for near everything. The higher price you put in a car to drive, the higher price you put in a house, in food … and generally the more you’re demanding, the more the price is growing.

Now if the “seed-bank hotel XYZ”, Five stars and with room at 250 is welcoming me with a kick in the balls, the room dirty filled with coakroach and a bad food … i don’t even give a try even if they offer it for free lol And that’s more my point. Getting what i’m paying for, more than having regulated prices like in North Correa ^^

2 Likes

bc really had some of the best medi smoke ever. from my experience. i seriously doubt the lines legally & commercially available are pure now to your standards. if the real reeferman put out the real tuna and i smoked it id know. dudes were doing bho runs that surpass this stupid live resin garbage they sell for $50 a gram now in the us and selling it right in the street for cheap.
rockstar was needed lil girl, never spent more on nutes. never got to grow harmony or tuna but the packs we got were just minted.

2 Likes

Anyone notice how much the price of at least some clones coming down vs seed cost.

So let’s let I can have a female cut that is best in class that someone has searched out, popping who knows how many seeds to find. Or a can get a pack of beans for anywhere from 60- a few hundred.

Once HLVD gets figured out I suspect more growers are going to push for clones over seeds.

IF that happens I expect seed prices to drop. Unless it’s a strain that simply doesn’t produce a ton of beans.

These are generalized statements but selling regs for a $100 for 10 is nuts. Especially when you are talking about each plant producing 100’s of beans.

Just my .02

3 Likes

I sure hope this seed nonsense dies down and this ridiculous amount of strain names for extremely similar stuff goes away. It’s strictly to make money and people are making crazy money selling seeds lots of buyers will never even grow out.

2 Likes

This :arrow_up: Eventually.

Even if clones were legal at all levels, once you buy or trade a clone, you’re committed to growing it. You can’t squirrel it away like seeds for a rainy day. Seeds are a gamble, but convenient. Clones are guaranteed, but have to be kept and cared for immediately.

I try not to be judgemental because I remember a time not long ago where you wanted the best bang for your buck, even if the strain was hyped. People in places like Canada, Cali, and Colorado really don’t even have to grow. I’m guessing there is fire everywhere at reasonable prices. There are still many places in the states and abroad where not only is it very illegal, it’s also hard to find and very expensive because of supply and demand. We paid $400 a zip for many years prior to legalization, and that was in between a lot of dry spells and it wasn’t all fire.

I think it was Marijuana Man who said “If you want to grow good weed, use seeds from good weed.”

7 Likes

Very true. Some places hook you up. I have a nice selection of bank seeds. Package are not open. I’m leaning towards more female seeds. I have a few from the people you’re talking about. I got a 20 package of regular seeds. I like their packages they explain and give some detail.
I like DC and Chitown and JP. Chitown isn’t bad. I have gotten some sweet deals. A minute back he hooked me up big time. One package sells for ove a hundred. Last green valley has a great deal also. I wasn’t disappointed at all from the last gift. One package sells for 99$ at dc. So I was very happy. The sponsors on OG love for you to advertise. Show their gear. Support. OG that is a must. Share your gifts. GTL has some of the best I do believe. I see where the are very giving. AG has a sweet deal on haze right now. Good luck with whatever you choose.

2 Likes

Although I haven’t grown his gear yet, I have to agree with the posts praising Tony Green. He performs pheno hunts and BX’s and its out there for everyone to see.

He’s open source, like Linux. :slight_smile:

I have several of his cultivars through the DC Seed Exchange that will make it to the room or tent one day.

I think there is absolute fire in just about everything that’s offered here. Trade, auction or otherwise. You may just have to grow out more than one or two to find it.

If your like me and have limited space and plant counts, you try to prioritize between what you think your going to like, and “topping up” things you know you love. I do love the hunt though.

6 Likes

I had some of his stuff and I gave it away because I thought that I would be getting some more. I’m sure it will come back around . I like Paul . He has been pretty good to me . I got some 3/13 seeds coming. I’m looking forward to.
He redid his website . Now you can see all the breeders .

2 Likes