Grandpappy Skunk

Article in Skunk Magazine

Anyone have experience? Tried to order fom Richard Stockton himself, never got back from him, and the dispenseries in USA don´t send seeds to EU.

I woul love to get my hands on some old school skunk… Especially if these are pre-1978 F1 repros made in 2020…

5 Likes

sleestack skunk is alright skunk tends to be a sativa kush is indica typically

2 Likes

There are a few good places you can get Skunk.

Purple Skunk from Sensi Seeds is one of my favorites. They also have skunk and super skunk.

Cheese is a skunk #1 pheno.

Velveeta from Hazeman seeds is a UK Cheese x UK Cheese, Hazeman one of my favorite breeders.

I don’t know any breeder that market their strain as being from the original line but I would lean toward the reputable Amsterdam shops for a stable IBL.

4 Likes

@masterkusher @Naptown916 thank you for your comments. I am looking info specifically on Grandpappy Skunk though. :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Looking around, they are only offered through dispensaries so you may need a middleman for this one.

These are the classic sweet skunk 1, maybe you could consider other skunk1 lines ?

4 Likes

I know Jeff, I can ask him next time I talk with him.
But, sounds like its being held tight.
I know SkunkMag is gonna have their own seedbank with SHN soon, so I think they will be released there.

Its not pre-Sam Skunk, though. Its Sam’s first release of Skunk.
Madjag also got 100 seed order from Sam at the same time and made his own brand out in the desert. Check out his website.

Its interesting that Sam’s Sacred Seeds flyer accompanying the seeds he sent says 100% Afghan. No mention of Lumbo or Mexi.

4 Likes

100% Pureblood northern Hindu Kush = Sam’s Skunk

8 Likes

Yes, very interesting.

Looking at madjag canyon grow, his plants seem the have slimmer leaves and long colas, which bring the question could Sam’s Hindu kush have been a nld?

4 Likes

Yes.
In fact, the best Afghans were NLD.
BOEL used Affy as early as the mid 60s and said harvest was mid November.
Sam also said November for Affy and pure Skunk.
It wasnt until indoor grows started that people selected for quicker, yet inferior, afghans.

Since Afghans hash their field, they dont select as hard and allow for a wider spectrum of plants. So a single hillside may have a spectrum between NLD and BLD

4 Likes

Other good sources of Skunk:

Cantaloupe Skunk - Insane Seed Posse / OSG
High Voltage - Snowhigh
The Pure - Flying Dutchman
Chem 91 s1

4 Likes

Well, that explains alot. Thank you.

4 Likes

I received a pack of 6 seeds from a user on another forum – it’s claimed to be 1978/79 vintage Sacred Seeds Skunk #1 pre-cursor stock, recovered from the dumpster after the raid. Back then they didn’t understand to confiscate seeds, apparently.

I got the seeds for free to test and share as I like. Out of 6 seeds, I got 4 to germinate. 1 male and 3 females. I have successfully cloned all 4 and am about to switch my tent over to bloom.

If I am successful at making some F2’s, I’ll happily share. I’ll try to get some pics of the plants in veg too.

19 Likes

@Wuachuma and @Mithridate Thank you very much for comments, very informative.

@GrownAtHighAltitude I wish you luck and thank you for your offer…

What a great forum indeed… :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

yet on Madjags Chronicles he states on Skunk #1 smoke report that there was influence from Haze…?

2 Likes

" Surreal psychoactivity from the sativa Haze roots follows quickly
leaving the unprepared to fend for themselves."

Yeah, he does say that.

Sam also says there mexi and lumbo in there, once the forums come online.

Its a mystery

@Upstate were any of your NLD Affy/Paki, like Peshawar, at all Hazey in effect?

2 Likes

Madjags page is a fantastic piece of work, love to read stories like that… Thanks for letting me know about him…! Right now I have some Hella Jelly and Limon Blanco V3 coming up, so search for Skunk continues for the future runs… Not really interested in foul smelling RKS per se, but just old school terpenes with some CBD etc in it, which seem to be lost in most modern hybrids…

2 Likes

I honestly prefer the effect of the Sk1 over the acrid rks types.
The sweet SK1 has much more euphoria, kind of like LSD

SK1 clone and Cantaloupe Skunk were my favorite for that euphoria.
Unfortunately, I haven’t heard from OhSoGreen in years and havent seen any ISP stock anywhere.

4 Likes

Yeah that rks is very acrid. I’m working on orange pine floor cleaner terps that are on the rks level of loudness, but with a much milder taste. Im attempting to bring a live element to the smoke that simulate the real animal smell and a live fruit taste. This would be a surreal cross.

2 Likes

Well I haven’t had haze so that would be hard for me to know. The high I have gotten from the Afghan is not as high as I get from Oaxaca, but its Sativa in nature. I don’t explore one plant though. There might be some with Unforgettable sativa highs

3 Likes

I know a dude who ordered seeds from Sam in late 78’/early 79’. The “pure skunk” he received, he says came as a freebie/tester with his orders. Narrow leafed stuff. Iam a close friend of the family but that farm is one place they have not taken me to yet.
Skunk #1: pure afgahn?
Pure skunk: hybrid ibl?
That’s what iam thinking.

2 Likes