Neb's new flower room DTW coco style

You can expect to see alot of those strains getting popped after the Goji run

Ill probably end up doing a run with auto flowers 1st and then the photos after.

5 Likes

Lookin good. Nice space and setup.
Noticed your sacks of Jacks.
Have you decided on pot types and feeding method?
Just noticed you are some doing dwc.

3 Likes

Pretty undecided on pot size and feeding method still. Just going to do DWC buckets in the room until i get it all figured out,

2 Likes

Dwc/rdwc vs dtw coco are pretty similar regarding growth, cost, nutrient efficiency, moving plants around etc

Itā€™s the negatives/maintenance between/during runs that set them apartā€¦

Dwc -has root rot lurking, coco provides a buffer
Dwc- no gnats, coco- itā€™s a possibility
Dwc- cleaning hydroton, coco- flush/recharge coco
Rdwc- all fed the same, coco- can customize amounts fed/wetter-drier (could be important if you running multiple strains)

5g rdwc(touching) vs 8" coco(spaced)

I guess the question is which one do you prefer cleaning/recharging :laughing::laughing:

5 Likes

nice @Neb! real real nice! cant wait to see it all green!

1 Like

Nice setup @Neb, canā€™t wait to see it filled!

1 Like

Figured Iā€™d move some Goji plants in here they will probably enjoy it my veg space is getting a bit on the chilly side.

12 Likes

Humidity is really low in the room between 40-50%

Iā€™m wondering if i should fill one of the flood tables with water to raise the humidity a bit lol

1 Like

Humidity is relative to tempreture, so it really depends on how hot it gets in the room.

2 Likes

alright heres another question. When it comes to placing a humidity/temp sensor in your grow spaces do you guys put them under your lights so u read the heat ur light is also giving off or do u put it somewhere it isnt getting hit directly.

3 Likes

Ive got one under the light reading 27c and one that isnt getting hit by the light reading 24c

2 Likes

I use mine at the canopy level or close to it.

7 Likes

i use one of these and i suspect when its under the light the sensor heats up above the real temp lol

3 Likes

Mine has a probe, it controls my ac. Maybe put It just under the canopy so it not directly getting hit but still close to where it matters most

2 Likes

I use a tempreture lazer gun, and just check the top leaves and buds for an accurate reading, but my temp and RH controller is set at canopy level away from the lights.

2 Likes

I put mine on the same plane as the plants, which does put it under the lightsā€¦ once you factor in the temp difference from the lights, which if theyā€™re LED the leaves arenā€™t absorbing anyway, I figure itā€™s the most accurate reading.

Btw, hereā€™s a chart on VPD that Iā€™ve found helpful, courtesy of @Alaskagrown iirc:

Cannabis VPD chart

As @Shadey said, the proper humidity is relative to tempā€¦ and to the life cycle of the plants. Yours are still in early veg, so youā€™d be shooting for a moderately high humidity, 60-70%, at most temps.

6 Likes

yea im not hitting 60-70% in the winter lol its real dry down here right now.

2 Likes

That saved me finding one :+1:

Edit itā€™s better than mine as well so I am keeping that one.

1 Like

as far as taking a temperature to use for controlling fans/ac Iā€™m thinking maybe my most accurate result would be with 2 sensors. 1 under the light at canopy level and 1 at canopy level not under the light. Then take the average between the 2

1 Like

Theyā€™re going to struggle a bit then. :frowning: When I sealed my tent up and installed a humidity controller, the plants started growing much faster and looking much happier than when they were exposed to the dry conditions of forced air heating. Likewise when I was growing in my basement without proper insulation, just a partition to keep the light outā€¦ they still grew, but it was much slower than what Iā€™m seeing now that Iā€™ve stabilized the VPD at the proper level for their maturity.

4 Likes