Neb's new flower room DTW coco style

son of a ****** lol the struggles of Canadian weather super humid in the summer and dry in the winter.

I’m gonna bite the bullet and get a decent humidifier.

thinking something like this that i can hook up directly to a water source.

5 Likes

ouch man, thats not cheap

1 Like

Is the space sealed, or at least reasonably tight with minimal air escaping? If not, I think the money might be better spent getting it insulated and tightened up; there’s also no recurring electricity and water bill for insulation and a wall. :slight_smile: I have my 6’6" cube tent running with a single 10-pint humidifier I bought at BJs for $20, and it doesn’t even need to be on most of the time to keep it at 60% for mid-veg. Only needs refilling once every three days or so.

4 Likes

I’m just sealing it up to cover light leaks for now.

Gotta put alot more money into actually waterproofing the foundation of my house before I think about insulation and building permanent spaces.

2 Likes

the room looks pretty sealed, looks like you have an insulated foam subfloor and you used the spraycan foam on your seams. only questionable area would be that closet there but it should hold the humidity pretty well i would think

did i miss room dimensions? I think that thing would be a bit overkill from the size im guessing it is

2 Likes

6 Likes

It was originally insulated more :mask:

2 Likes

Oh, damn, that was hardwood floor too. :stuck_out_tongue: Yeah, as much as it must’ve hurt that probably wouldn’t have been able to survive a few grows.

2 Likes

cheap laminate stuff lol

3 Likes

Ah, k, that hurts less. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is going to be a dedicated flowering room just using it for veg right now cause I’m testing the room a bit lol

This is my actual veg space don’t mind the mess haha

Its my next project… So far its just a empty space lol

7 Likes

…and the jealousy grows.

that looks like a great space to fill!!!

1 Like

Thanks lots to do still and most just temporary for now haha

When i get around to properly waterproofing the basement I can really start making permanent rooms.

I’d love to dig the basement out deeper also so I can stop smacking my head off stuff lmao but that might be wishful thinking.

2 Likes

holy crap man, that would be a job and a half for sure!!!

1 Like

The waterproofing I can do for sure for pretty cheap because I know how to do it myself… Lowering the basement is a different story. I know some of my neighbor’s had issues digging basements because they hit water at a certain point. Something ill have to look more into.

2 Likes

If you’re planning to use that space for flowering, it doesn’t need to get up to 60% humidity in flower. :slight_smile: At that point, you’re shooting for the 40% you’re at right now. How’s the humidity in your veg room? That’s where you’re gonna be really concerned about keeping it humid; in flower, you’re gonna be struggling to keep it dry from all the transpiration they’re doing. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

ya man, that and repouring the foundation and connecting it to the existing foundation, and the water table if its high, could lead to all kinds of issues

sounds like something i would do though :smiley:
lots of fun!!

1 Like

Hard to say veg room is currently at 50% and 18-20c but it’s going to get much colder around here soon and the furnace will be on alot more(i think). I suspect it will end up getting lower the further into winter we get.

It’s my 1st winter really monitoring everything down here lol it will be a bit of a process figuring everything out.

Yeah, fair point. Tough to keep it stable when it’s fairly exposed to even secondhand effects of the elements… though for now, anyway, it’s in a pretty good range for veg. As you say, just keeping an eye. :slight_smile: And now you have a VPD chart, so that should make it a lot easier on you. Knowing is half the battle, go Joe! :us:

1 Like

Yes this is looking really good, planned out well! I am going to watch and get more inspired. Only thing for me is I got a dehumidifier that has a nice skinny auto drain hose that I have run out so no more taking out the bucket thing a nice feature if you have the drain

1 Like