Need a little help - issues in flower

Hello everyone, I’m having some issues in flower:

It’s week 4 and it looks like phosphorus to me but I’m hesitant to act without confidence.

The problem plants are in a water only mix( M3)

I’ve also got living soil (coots mix) going without issue

This was a side by side comparison and next round will be all living soil.

It appears the m3 mix simply ran out of nutrients, I believe the soil volume is too low to supply enough nutrients for the plants.

I’ve added vermicompost and some teas which helped a touch but they’re looking like they’re gonna need some more inputs.

Any feedback is appreciated
Thank you!

The last few are from the living soil side without any issues

9 Likes

They look very hungry.

I looked at water only mixes and was turned off by how large the containers needed to be. I don’t remember the numbers exactly, but big.

Feed them. Organic, synthetic. Give them food.

4 Likes

How far into flower are they? Looks to be about 4 - 5 weeks?

Yes, just over 4 weeks.

Thanks, I’ve got some synthetic on hand. Seems like a quicker fix than top dressing.

You’re welcome.

I think that’s probably a good move.

Don’t over do it though. Don’t try to double up.

3 Likes

Get you some Recharge!!! They’ll love it and take right off. Good luck, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

How many weeks flowering does this go? A compost tea will help make any available nutrient more available. When you use a living soil mix, the microlife eat the hell out of calcium and nitrogen, taking it from the plant if there’s not enough in the soil. I’ve used 20 drops of calmag for every gallon of water throughout the whole cycle, but some extra Dolomite lime( next time) takes care of the calcium. Next time, don’t be afraid to top dress with a little bit of blood meal even during the first half of flowering. Take a little pinch and sprinkle it around the top of your soil and scratch it in. About a half teaspoon will keep the microlife happy. Another great idea is to put a couple food spikes in with your super soil mix next round. The plant can decide if it wants to eat it or not. I think I would make a tea right now with two parts phosphorus and one part nitrogen one part potassium. A teaspoon of each in a couple gallons of water with some castings and a fish bubbler for oxygen . If you use molasses, that counts as your potassium. Liquid fertilizers can screw up your microlife, and it’s a little late to topdress if it’s an 8-week strain.
@misterbee … what’s this recharge you are recommending? Is that what I Google?

2 Likes

Dry Nutrient, Kelp, Molasses, Humic, Fulvic, Amino Acids, realgrowers.com Have used it with favorable results. Can purchase sample packs. NOTE: Watch yourself when mixing, will stain everything, but worth it. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: NOTE: Use WARM water, dilutes it faster/better, IMO.

3 Likes

Feed it some of your urine, diluted with the same amount of water, quick all natural nitro boost.
The solution is inside yourself.

Can also make some pasta, let the water you boiled it in cool down and mix that with your urine.
A little extra carbohydrates never hurts.

Keep it simple.

Just don’t do that after drinking alcohol or when taking medication.

M3 website says “Fortified with fossilized seabird guano, rock phosphates, and much more” so I would add malted barley to that soil after you harvest, maybe now the best would be to soak a handful in water overnight and add that to the urine-pasta water mix. M3 saying you don’t need to add anything to their soil is obviously nonsense.

2 Likes

I just checked out that recharge. Looks like some good stuff. I bet it would work great in this situation. Seems like a great thing to add if you screw something up and piss off your microlife too. Thanks for the link.

2 Likes

I know some local growers who incorporate it into their normal schedule, applying every three weeks. It certainly does work, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks guys,
I had some old nutrients laying around, I decided to make use of them. Keep your fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:
:v::green_heart::love_you_gesture: