Need some opinions

so these two girls are in coast of maine stonington blend. 3 gallon fabric pots. week 4 of flower. i probably vegged too long before flipping to flower but basically i’ve been watering with 6.5ph spring water that is ~10ppm and use recharge every now and then.

wondering if anyone can guess what’s up with the light green girl? looks like Magnesium? lightly burnt tips, lime green leaves.

i have leftover GH flora series bottles but was trying not to use them too much if possible.

edit: forgot to add that the runoff ppm for the lighter green girl has been about 1950 the last two waterings.

the other girl on the left has runoff ppm of 2500.

6 Likes

Honestly looking pretty hungry but I’d wait for further input

5 Likes

Definitely looking hungry, have you fed any nutrients or just recharge?

just recharge so far.

1 Like

You need to feed her, I think maybe topdress with some dry amendments and feed 1/2 strength base nutes and to bring her back and hold her over till the dry amendments work in.

5 Likes

How long of a veg did you do? Your medium probably only had enough food for 4ish weeks

1 Like

I know the coast of Maine advertises as water only, but that’s only if you’re in like a 15gal+ pot. The easiest way to have water only in small pots is to mix in some extra organic fertilizer, I use dr earth tomato & veg at 1.5tbsp/gal soil + 1tbsp/gal kelp meal then before flower topdress again with the same amount of dr earth bud & bloom. Just water with calmag, and recharge the whole way through.

6 Likes

i went from solo to 1 gal to 3 and the whole process was 6-7 weeks.

1 Like

yeah ill definitely be moving up to larger containers next time with shorter veg.

i don have any dry amendments though, just EWC, recharge and GH flora from previous grows

4lb bag of dr earth is $12 at lowes. I’ve only run synthetic fertilizers when I was doing hydro so I’m not sure how you’d apply the gh in soil.

1 Like

Up potting is all that’s needed, you have enough space.

Add some dandelion, tree leaves, grass, kitchenscraps, bananapeels and it’ll sort itself out. Then just reuse the soil and sow a covercrop and keep topdressing as the soil sinks.

Next time flip to flower when the plant is about same size as the pot.

2 Likes

Definitely hungry in those size pots. Give em some nutes! Liquid nutes, dry amendments won’t become available soon enough.

1 Like

what i dont get is how the runoff can be almost 2000ppm but still deficient. maybe shes just a magnesium hog? just trying to figure out a good ratio for the GH nutes to start giving. don’t want to throw too much N at her but that’s where the Magnesium is in GH flora

1 Like

I am agreeing with the others. She looks hungry. But if you are having that high of runoff, you must have lockout condition. Ph too high for the plant to utilize any nutes???

2 Likes

I started putting a tiny pinch of dr earths dry amendment’s in my water and letting it sit in the jug for an hour shaking it up and every time I do a water they get a tiny bit and I haven’t been having the hungry starved plant problem really anymore.I think there is a Benefit to small micro feedings so the plant gets a little every time instead of trying to cram a giant buffet of nutrients down thier throats at once.I’m starting to find out low and slow is a good pace for a lot of plants ,not all some can feed like pigs and love to be an inch from the light and run a mile a min.I learned off my first batch this year my second was a lot better.My third is in the works.@BigMike55 I popped that pack of Ghost you gave me all 6 beans popped up and they are fiesty

1 Like

Awesome, man. That ghost is some really good cannabis. Hope you get some fire.

1 Like

My ph problem was the watering.My medium was staying wet for too long and was causing what looked like a nitrogen magnesium problem I dried all mine up and I only water when they get light or start to droop and all my stuff is nice and green and growing fast again.I had to dump more perlite in my mix

1 Like

Can you tell me anything about the Ghost?Those beans popped in 16 hours with a half inch tap root.I wasn’t expecting those little shits to germ so fast and it threw me off.I had to plant them in solo cups .they are already sprouted out the dirt 2 inches in under 3 days I’m impressed.

Looks like you’re doing something right.
On the Ghost, I had contacted my friend Mark on Strainly. Just to chat. Anyways I asked him if he was growing anything new and exciting. He told me he was about to harvest some Ghost seeds if I would like to try them out. I got the first ones he pulled off the plant.

3 Likes

In fact, I just busted up a nice little nug of Ghost. Doing a wake and bake this morning. Two small bong rips and I’m pretty blasted.

2 Likes