Help me nip this one in the bud

Oh man, I didn’t realize how bad of a pun I just made😂

Anyway, I have a 8 day old Cheese #1 by Kaliman. The plant is growing in EB Stone Recipe 420 soil, with EB Stone Sure Start fertilizer. The plant was a bit underwatered, but it was remedied a 4 days ago.
Any ideas?

6 Likes

Look like the leaves are burnt
It could be to hot for a young plant

8 Likes

I agree with papa

3 Likes

I once commited the error of giving nutes early with a prefertilized soil :sweat:, looks pretty like yours, agree with the diagnostic … :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks! That is the best thing I could possibly hear. The tent was very hot for a while, and I have already mitigated the problem.
Yay!

2 Likes

I believe we are taking about the soil mix may be too hot

7 Likes

Aha, I misunderstood.
Well then, anything I can do?

1 Like

you could flush and test the runoff for ppm or ec and ph while your at it

1 Like

Lay off the bottled nutes until they get bigger.

4 Likes

That’s what I did, but in this case, the pots are real big and you would have to flood it :sweat: which is not a good idea in this early stage, I always water according to the size of the plant, not the pot … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I give seedlings full strength veg nutrients from day one, and they never burn like that.

It’s more likely a pH issue. New soil rarely has an “out-of-the-bag” 6.0-7.0.

Water until you get a cup of runoff, test the pot’s runoff, eliminate that possibility first.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. My plants are looking better than I have ever done at 8-10 days. I think the cheese is just a bit more finicky than the rest. I think I am just going to monitor things for now, although I should do a sludge test.

5 Likes

2 1/2 weeks later, I am starting to see issues again. Anyone have a diagnosis?

2 Likes

@Papalag can I ask the favor of your insight again?

New growth looks good
Now if the problem your asking about is the light looking green to yellow on the lower leaves ?
And in general the plants look like there leaves are dropping .

Dropping can be stress do to heat or soil possible issues or can be light were out when you took the pic

Check list Environment
Temps
Humidity
Air flow
Then we look at feeding
Super soil ? How long has it been since they are in there pots ( plants could have used up all nutritional value is soil) plants are in soil about 1 month may need to do a compost tea
I am more concerned with the plants being droopy then the lower leaf issues

2 Likes

Tea recipe Take some of your soil mix top dress plants and also use about a gal of soil ( put soil in a leg of pantyhose works as a screen )
To 4 gallon of water Add black strap molasses 1 tablespoon and let sit with a air stone for 36 hours then you have a compost tea that will recharge the soil mix
Paps

1 Like

Thanks! I am assuming they are getting hungry, but I wanted to double check if that was a possible cause.

I am using organic potting soil specifically for weed. The package says it will need to be fertilized further to get the plant through the entire life cycle. I have some quality organic fertilizer to mix in, so I will bust that out.

My friend it’s all about the npk ratio in the different stages of the plants life now till you flip you want a 1/1/1 npk ratio once you flip npk goes to a1/3/2 ratio till week 6ish or even week 7 then to a 1/1/3 ratio till end
I find jacks gives me the ratios we need
You can look up tea recipes that will fit the feeding schedule as well
Paps

3 Likes

What do you mean when you say jacks?

I use the 20/20/20 for veg and the 10/30/20 for bloom

!

image|231x500

2 Likes