Help me nip this one in the bud

Oh man, I didn’t realize how bad of a pun I just made😂

Anyway, I have a 8 day old Cheese #1 by Kaliman. The plant is growing in EB Stone Recipe 420 soil, with EB Stone Sure Start fertilizer. The plant was a bit underwatered, but it was remedied a 4 days ago.
Any ideas?

6 Likes

Look like the leaves are burnt
It could be to hot for a young plant

7 Likes

I agree with papa

3 Likes

I once commited the error of giving nutes early with a prefertilized soil :sweat:, looks pretty like yours, agree with the diagnostic … :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks! That is the best thing I could possibly hear. The tent was very hot for a while, and I have already mitigated the problem.
Yay!

2 Likes

I believe we are taking about the soil mix may be too hot

6 Likes

Aha, I misunderstood.
Well then, anything I can do?

1 Like

you could flush and test the runoff for ppm or ec and ph while your at it

1 Like

Lay off the bottled nutes until they get bigger.

4 Likes

That’s what I did, but in this case, the pots are real big and you would have to flood it :sweat: which is not a good idea in this early stage, I always water according to the size of the plant, not the pot … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I give seedlings full strength veg nutrients from day one, and they never burn like that.

It’s more likely a pH issue. New soil rarely has an “out-of-the-bag” 6.0-7.0.

Water until you get a cup of runoff, test the pot’s runoff, eliminate that possibility first.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. My plants are looking better than I have ever done at 8-10 days. I think the cheese is just a bit more finicky than the rest. I think I am just going to monitor things for now, although I should do a sludge test.

5 Likes