Need help.. Sour D

Sour D

This cut has given me nothing but issues . I got it healthy enough to take cuts, that rooted fast, but these new cuts off mom are doing this. 🤷🤷 I got the Stardawg

Corey cut figured out but these are just being a bitch… anyone run Sour D that can give me some advice here?
I just transplanted yesterday from 1 gal to 3.5 gall… in advanced sunshine 4 mixed with worm castings… using bio bizz bio grow once a week, cal mag plus every other water, I have used SLF 100 every other week for the past month, vegamatrix Phyre at transplant from new cut to soil again into 1 gal and again yesterday into 3.5 gal, use fish shit every other week opposite of Phyre, use Myco Chum Myco food every other week with Phyre, … preventatives used in moderation neem oil mixed with sns 203 with soap as emulsifier all used as a foliar spray, plant therapy once a month or so as foliar, been under 6 panels of HLG 550 v2 spec 3000k quantum boards…

5 Likes

The water spots are over spray from foliar I did on others yesterday… I’ve heard the real Sour D cut can be finicky. I gotta get this figured out…

2 Likes

Looks like they are starting to burn a bit, what is your heat and humidity like?

1 Like

Chem D has variegation like this. Might be worth a shot

5 Likes

Your photo looks almost identical, I would say you have found the problem Craigson. Good to know if I ever grow it.

1 Like

That coloring is normal for Chem D.

I disagree about the burning part as the leaves should begin by rolling up a little to protect themselves.

If anything I would take 1TB of epsom to 1 gallon of clean water and do a foliar.

4 Likes

I actually have been using cal mag plus… I’ve been given it a ton… I checked my run off, 6.3 ph , I do have well water that comes in at 7.4 pH but when I add nutes it drops to 6.6-6.1 range… problem with using to much cal-mag is cal build up which leads to lock out… got to be careful in the amount… maybe I need to use it every watering instead of every other!

2 Likes

I’m moderately at 78 to 84 degrees… I could use a better means of fresh air replacement but I do have it… I’m in Maine, it’s winter, so it’s not a humidity issue… I’m using hlg quantum boards so it’s not as hot as using HPS’S

I have clean well water comes in at 7.4 pH should be good for foliar?

It could be if your humidity is low, plants will uptake more nutrients with water if your temps are high, and humidity is low. I am east coast Canada, and we have low humidity in winter, so I have to watch my temps.

I think Craigson has found your problem though.

1 Like

I’m running sour d right now and I also run GH 3 part. That beast loves nutrients. I’m not sure about ppm but I have hit it hard with the nutes and no sign of burn or stress.
When I first got the plant it had similar appearances.
Good luck .

3 Likes

Thanks for the info…it seems to be doing much better . I upped the nute intake and so far so good, I just actually put it in flower…

2 Likes

Sorry I never saw your reply. While 7.4 doesn’t sound very high well water often has dissolved minerals that make the water hard. Instead of ph maybe check what your tap water’s TDS is at.

I realize that it seems fine and well that you are pulling it out of the ground untreated but it is the untreated part that you should worry about.

Have you ever had an analysis done of your well water?

Did you try to up the Ca with your tap water? If so, how did it do?

1 Like

Anyone still run Chem D?