Deficiency or burn

What’s this look like. Randomly popped up and it’s on the 3 plants I have.

4 Likes

Hopefully this helps

3 Likes

Are you in dirt? If it’s dirt I would flush to you get clear water, then give them a normal feeding. That would help with any salt buildup which can cause a lockout. If your using a water only supersoil, not sure in that case. Hydro, give it fresh water with notes, and inspect the roots for rot.

I know there are others who know better than I do, but that is my two cents. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Test your runoff pH first and foremost. Chartreuse green new growth and yellowing is often indicative of low pH.

pH issues are usually the root cause of a deficiency, rather than an actual shortage of any one particular element.

Typically, fertilizer burn happens at leaf tips first, and they tend to brown and die quickly.

8 Likes

I’m in dirt

1 Like

PH…PH…PH, and then, PH!!! Stay safe/be well.

4 Likes

Check the ppm of your water,tap water at my house is 41ppm lol had to use some cal
Mag to bring it up to 160

2 Likes

Ironically, I gave up PH’ing my water because it was just annoying.

Maybe I’m just lucky, shrug, no issues really to speak of, but dwc is different maybe, i grow in soil.

2 Likes

Crazy thing is ive been gone for the last 6 weeks and my wife was taking care of them. She didn’t ph the water and they were fine. I came home and started to PH it and fucked them up :rofl:

3 Likes

Ahh, they’ll recover no worries! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I just went over to a buddies place to help set up a DWC. Well water was 300ppm, and ph 7. We will see how it goes.

I think 5.8 pH is the target for DWC … :sunglasses:

I’ve always say when in doubt it’s PH
Do you have a meter ? Recently I realized my meter was broken ph was way off

1 Like

I run mine 5.8 to 6.4. It drifts up from there. I also found my ph pen was way off and killed a bunch of clones… I ordered some ph7 callibration solution, now they are doing great!

2 Likes

I have a meter and I honestly think it probably is off. Im back on the road again so I’ll have the wife check it.

1 Like

I went that route, the pH of my tap water (municipal) never moved for 3 years… Until it did…
Maybe they did some work on the pipes, don’t know but the pH tanked for a day or two and the damage was done. I’m in soil as well.

I check every day now! :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Hmm I didn’t think about that at all. Our water pressure was down for a few days.

1 Like

Get the pH drops. I am a big drops evangelist. Less precise, but never off.

Way I figure it, I don’t need to know if it’s 5.9 or 6.0, same difference. But a meter can be wayyyyy off.

2 Likes

I use this one to make a double-check with the pH pen … :sunglasses:

Captura

2 Likes

When I did ph, i used the drops - best ever!

1 Like