Need some help getting off the bottle?

this would be an easy alternative for someone just starting right, something like gaia green organic ammendments? cause they’re already mixed so you only need to buy 2 products (all purpose+bloom) just mix them at the beginning then water and use teas/top dressings if you want. the bloom ones ingredients are Fishbone meal, bone meal, glacial rock dust, mined potassium sulphate, fossilized carbon complex, rock phosphate, greensand, kelp meal, gypsum, bat guano. and the all purpose ingredients are Alfalfa meal, bone meal, blood meal, glacial rock dust, mined potassium sulphate, fossilized carbon complex, rock phosphate, greensand, kelp meal, gypsum. mr canucks grow uses it

1 Like

That’s some funny shit right!

3 Likes

The universal password is “Tomatoes”, everyone knows…

8 Likes

Always look into the source and products. Gaia green has a lot of pointless stuff in it. And some stuff that can cause harm. Like greensand. Greensand isnt something you use unless youre the rev and you use spikes😂 people have had luck but if you know where is comes from you wont use it!

Youre better off using kelp, neem, malted barley, gypsum and rock dust. I can get you links of everything i get within canada if needed.

If you want just two products get kelp and neem.

Or a single product. Good compost!:slight_smile:

3 Likes

New Jersey isn’t that bad. Parts of it, at least. Okay, some of it. I’ve put many pounds of greensand in my outdoor beds, but I can’t definitively tell you if it’s done anything. I throw some into the worm bin every so often for grit, too… along with rock dust, pumice, gypsum, ground oyster shell, and all the other goodies.

Yeah, I know… I had to make a split-second decision over whether to give him something plausible, or to give him an exaggerated wink. Tomato discussion I generally reserve for the old ladies at the garden center :grin:

2 Likes

I am vowing to jump on the NoTill bandwagon.

I’m already building ferments, composting and making lacto but notill sounds pretty FN amazing. I don’t use nutes or have anything against people using them properly, I just haven’t wanted to be on a feeding regimen and stick to teas and such. No help gettin of the bottle here. Little nudge in the right direction switching from soil mixes. I like to learn new stuff and be “engaged” with my plants.

Next several days I’m going to be digging around in a couple your threads @lotus710, @DavesNotHere, @Lancien (and other notillers threads) for some info before I start asking already asked questions.

Damn!, I’m excited!

Cheers!

6 Likes

I’m finally moving from ferments to no-till. So far only input has been Soil Balance Pro (beneficial bacteria and fungi) and clover that I “mow” every so often.

4 Likes

whats the purpose of cover crop

3 Likes

Cover crops have several purposes. They are nitrogen fixers. They also add life to the soil and a place to hide for animals and bugs.

2 Likes

Also moisture retention, no? I’m halping.

3 Likes

The more diverse the cover plants the better IMO. Just think about it like this. Every plant in the container are feeding the microbes and bringing in new species. As well as adding to the ability of the soil to cycle nutrients from inorganic to plant available

2 Likes

Don’t limit yourself to just nitrogen fixers tho. For instance you can plant marigolds in the same pot to help fight future soil root eating pest. And with that in mind read up on any new plant you’re adding to your cover program. Not all plants are friendly with one another lol.

5 Likes

Exactly. Diversity. My favorite is fenugreek! But always mix in clover, alfalfa, buckwheat, chia, flax, and whatever else i have around. Also have lemon balm growing in my pots!:slight_smile:

3 Likes

BAS had a 12 seed blend that is great for cover croping!

1 Like

:laughing: can the hype be real? Notill sounds like gardener crack: you’re building a diverse, ever-evolving biosphere that lives forever.

Right now, I have a couple pots of clover just because I wanted some diversity in the tent. It’s basically a houseplant for the bigger plants to hang out with. Maybe I’ll give the clover some friends and make a NoTillJr™, complete with worm accessory pack. (raygun sound)

5 Likes

It has to have some weight to it. Years ago a buddy was doing similar but didn’t call it NoTill. His herb was incredibly flavorful. I sense cynicism,a little. :man_juggling:

3 Likes

:grin: Maybe a pinch. It feels like there has to be a downside… You’ve got a lush big-ole pot of life, and so long as you keep it moist and mix it up a cocktail every once in a while, you get amazing buds every time and never have to buy soil again.

There was no cynicism towards cover crop mini-gardening, though. If it’s green and it grows and it’s not going to poison me, I’ll probably welcome it into my home.

2 Likes

I get it, notill is like having a terrarium and garden. I’ve come to believe gardening is a form of self-expression, like practicing art. It’s intensely personal, everyone is on a path to finding their own best way to grow, the creation of the flowers is like making a piece of artwork. You experiment with success and failure until you develop your own style.

6 Likes

Downsides? Hmm. You dont have to disturb pots? IdekXD uh you start recycling?:joy:

I’m still not a fan of the term no-till honestly. It’s not what we’re actually doing. No-till is for earth gardening either large or small scale. A better term is biomimicry lol. There’s been more than one time that I’ve moved the mulch and disturbed the soil to see hundreds of different bugs running for a hiding place. Kinda makes you freak out till you see that the plants are all perfectly healthy and pest free.

6 Likes