Nefrella's Mephisto & Night 🦉

What about autos? Do you grow two weeks in the solo then transplant?

2 Likes

Yep. Anything I grow from seed gets that treatment. Two weeks is enough to get a good start but not be root-bound. I’ve let them go longer in the cup and didn’t notice a significant change, but I do think it’s important to not inhibit autos since their clock is always ticking.

5 Likes

@BarefootAndBlazed copy. So the theory is [germination to two weeks, solo], then transplant and perform the one top water and just water via the reservoir?

3 Likes

Exactly, which is why I’m curious if starting the seed in the octopot, top watering (with the reservoir full - so the roots can grow toward the water) until you see the growth explosion, or have visual confirmation of roots at the reservoir, then just let it rip?

2 Likes

@BarefootAndBlazed what do you ph to? I see octopot recommends 6.2-6.5?

1 Like

check out @Papalag’s thread He’s been doing jetdro’s method too. The Octo’s do seem like the best bet with autos imo. I’ve been debating picking some up.

DWC, if your water is good for it(no root rot issues), it’ll work fantastically too. But it’s waay more work than the octo or hempy.

3 Likes

Oh I’ve been lurking bwuahahaha @HolyAngel

2 Likes

Seems like this would be logical. Was watching videos on starting from seed in am octopot and it really doesn’t get any easier.

Now just need to decide the medium, and I’m thinking I’m just going to continue with the 60/40 vermiculite/perlite mix and use the Jacks nutes. They’re performing really well in the hempy, seems like a no brainer

4 Likes

:helicopter::helicopter::helicopter:

10 Likes

Haven’t tried vermiculite yet. I use 50/50 Pro-mix and perlite in my hempy’s. And what I plan on using in my octo’s.

2 Likes

I may have to pick some up and run a comparison.

Uhhhhh duh!? More space, holy cow I need to plant more!!!

Supervisor Woo Woo reporting for duty.

24 Likes

Woo Woo is saying, “Plant more seeds!!”.

4 Likes

On it hehe

13 Likes

Nobody puts baby in da corner :joy::sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Why didn’t you get the bigger bag?

O I finally built my no till today :wink:

3 Likes

Hahahahaha, that’s the only size they had :sweat_smile::joy::drooling_face::rofl:

Nice, exciting to see the no till @CADMAN !!

2 Likes

Lmfao :rofl: Said nobody ever.

1 Like

Lol I’m dieing. Too oooooh true

2 Likes

Time to get litty :joy::rofl::drooling_face::v:

20 Likes