Nevermind, problem solved

And with the forced extended veg, that could very well be exactly the issue ! Too many of the organic components were consumed too early.
Since I thought along the same lines actually, the confusion is why isn’t a CalMag suppliment helping to calm the issue of a more depleted soil (by 24 days) when in theory, it should be

That is a classic case of calcium deficiency. I don’t think it’s too much calcium because that usually causes a mag deficiency as well and I’m not seeing that.

I’m guessing you’ve checked for bugs. Doesn’t seem like the issue but it can’t hurt.

I’d give them a good soaking to wash as much “stuff” away as possible and go back to the brand of Calmag you used to use.

1 Like

That’s what I’m saying too, it looks like a classic calmag deficiency, 100%.
Since we can only have one shop around these parts - I’d be curious to know what brands have worked well for people, since I rarely use it need the stuff

1 Like

They’re only at 27 days and in, so I’ve still got some time to try and turn em around

1 Like

I run organic, but with coco, EWC and Gaia or Dr. Earth. I have really good luck with Botanicare.

1 Like

Typically, I’m an organic nut too - but in this case, just something to bridge the gap while my seed branches mature letting bud leaves stay healthy is the only real goal
Thanks for the recommendation though ! I know alot of my outdoor guys are into botanicare

1 Like

I just see tiny spots, with Calcium they use to be bigger and irregular, so wondering if it could be just a Manganese deficiency and that’s why it doesn’t react to all that CalMag (that also blocks Manganese :grin:) … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

8 Likes

I mean, that description IS pretty spot on !
:thinking:

1 Like

Have a look, from Ed Rosenthal:

2 Likes

George may be on to something here. If you look closely at the pics you posted, the necrosis appears to be focused on the minor (and to some degree, major) veins. Here is a pic of a manganese deficiency from the university of Utah:

6 Likes

It WOULD explain alot ! Can’t say I’ve ever seen it happen before,.but there’s a first for everything !

2 Likes

I’ll be damned George, I think you may have cracked the mystery…
Interesting notes I found regarding organic soils having too much “good” biomass.
Well shit :joy:

4 Likes

Was hard to go against all that consensus :sweat: but glad to help … beer3|nullxnull

9 Likes

Good call @George, how does one go about correcting now?

2 Likes

Thanks, I know nothing about organics embaressed_smile|nullxnull, just what I read or look for … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

So being mid flower, I’ll likely try a water-in (various options) versus a foliar - to keep flower integrity clean and moisture free.
Probably going to cut the CalMag completely as well if that can affect absorption. By this point, the soil should have plenty in it anyways.
BUT, I am gonna get on it and see what happens !!

1 Like

Might be getting dry pockets in those pots if they’re seeing direct sunlight. Could try putting them inside a protective/decorative pot to help keep them cooler and to allow runoff to slowly wick back up into the dryer areas. A dilute/gentle wetting agent could also be useful if that’s what’s going on. In a bigger pot it probably wouldn’t matter so much, but in those small pots, if the perimeter and top are drying out, that’s a lot of lost soil volume.

2 Likes

Nope, my pot size is on purpose and by design for what I do specifically. Small plants, smaller pots to maintain a 3 day span between waterings.
They only go outside to use the best light of the day (12-6 pm) versus relying on LED. Letting runoff wick back up is actually a very bad idea because it can cause acidic zones on the bottom of the soil.
I water and drain thoroughly, 2x for each watering to ensure saturation.
Everyone thinks the pots are disproportionate but they’re quite literally 18 inch plants :joy:
These particular ones just had longer veg time because of power grid failure, so they were pruned back and trained to keep them proportionate to their containers .

You see, I choose the 3 day timespan because it allows for more frequent adjustments, if they need to be made. It also, removes any possibility of root rot and encourages rapid root expansion.

I DO generally like yucca based wetting agents though, not gonna lie there.
I feel like I haven’t seen them in quite a while but they’re usefull imo.

Another useful thing to note is the climate here, barely fluctuates year round from 58-62 degrees. Sun or no sun, it’s quite cool. This is both good and bad for certain plant species, but the ladies have been loving it. 25% outside, 75% inside has been downright lovely :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I really feel that George nailed it on the head, so I’m going to pursue that avenue first. Everything about that point just seems to fall right in line with what I’ve been observing.
And while I normally don’t NEED micronutrient additions for most of the seeds I’ve done, this round was likely thrown off because of an extended veg and consuming more in-ground nutrients than normal. The whole round has been a “one-off”, but considering that those plants are only hitting 28 days on 06/25, yeah, I’m still happy with them.
Not that I need or even want smoke, but they should at least produce seeds stock (which is what I do)

2 Likes

Have you tried more frequent watering with lower volumes and avoiding runoff?

1 Like