Nevermind, problem solved

As others suggest, foliar sounds like a good way to go. It’s like an IV for a medical patient, gets it right in there.

At this stage in flowering, I’m definitely not doing a foliar feed.
See here’s the thing…
I need people to read the top posts because I’ve been doing this since many of you were in diapers. I TEACH others how to do this, helped pioneer stealth/micro grows and am actively working to help save the plant from idiots trying to inbreed/auto/feminize it into oblivion.
I know how to water :joy: and I know how foliar feeding works…hell, I developed an IV system back in 01 to directly feed them fructose into the xylem layers.

They key point is that, this weird anomaly happened - and sometimes, you know SO much and are SO close to the problem, that it’s helpful to take a step back and ask some buddies to throw ideas at a wall !

THAT was the point entirely and George nailed it !
For those in the back that aren’t reading, Manganese was the answer.
Depleted micronutrients

I’m not trying to be a grumpy old dickhead but I’ve already posted this info, so
Praise be to George, referencing some old Ed Rosenthal deficiency description.

3 Likes

This was new information, not in the top post and I think it’s pretty relevant to what’s happening in your grow. It seems like you’ve already made your mind up but consider what’s happening when you let an organic system dry back, then flood to runoff twice per watering. Microbes function consistently when they have consistent moisture and gas exchange. Any soluble nutrient generated during the time they’re active is then being flushed through the soil each time you water. This is exacerbated by fact that your otherwise mineral-poor rain water was enriched mainly with calcium and magnesium, both being cations which will readily displace other cations out of the soil. Moving a large volume of that water through the soil and you’re flushing soil that already had sub-optimal nutrient cycling. That’s a recipe for nutrient deficiency.

3 Likes

Cool, sounds like you’ve got it figured out, lol.

3 Likes

Yessir ! Riddle solved :+1:

Look, I appreciate the input but I’m diagnosing a lean engine code and you’re asking if the key is in the ignition.
I think you’ve wildly misunderstood what I’m saying and perhaps it’s how I worded it, I’m not sure.
I don’t even know where to begin, but literally none of what you’re describing is going on, and certainly isn’t the problem.
Saying my nutrient solution is primarily calmag is downright silly, since you don’t even know what is IN my mix.

Did the best with what you gave us. :man_shrugging: Good luck!

4 Likes

You asked how to get calcium in to the plant quickly did you not? Foliar is a logical answer. Sorry if we didn’t all know about your advanced professor status.

2 Likes

Nope, the question was if ALL other factors including CalMag availability were perfect, what’s going on here.

George solved the riddle was kind of the end of it :joy: Manganese.
I’ve posted the reply multiple times, so…
George was correct.

“Calmag deficiency” is literally manganese toxicity. It’s the entire point of calmag, the reason the product exists. To restrict Mn. As in, no one has ever seen an actual calcium deficiency symptom in Cannabis. Only Mn hyperaccumulation when CaMgFe gets low. The spots down low.

The most important ratio in Cannabis is Mn:Mg:Ca.

1 Like